GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how smart everyone was by waiting for HM and TS to give their statements before releasing the emails.

But how smart everyone was by waiting for HM and TS to give their statements before releasing the emails.

Priceless isn't it.
In hindsight I can see many (better) reasons that things have been done as they have been from the US.
These emails expose more than just HM - they open up a huge can of worms regarding her defence team in Bali and her US team.
No wonder WW was so concerned about the Lawyer who had never taken on a murder case before (Soenardi) and the corruption, and that HM would get her hands on all of Sheila's money to try and defend herself.
WW knows what he is dealing with when it comes to HM.
She is manipulation on an immense and grand scale.

I wonder what TS's mother now thinks - and I also wonder how TS now feels - surely news will be filtering through to him about the emails and the correspondences.
Was he aware that this is not HM's first conception?

I wonder what story will come out now in the Courtroom when we next see HM and TS lying through their teeth about what happened to Sheila.

I think it is very possible that the FBI handed a copy of the US autopsy results to Bali – unless, or even if, they want Heather on home soil to prosecute her.

I also think it is very possible that the Balinese authorities have been treating Heather so carefully because they have been made aware that Heather is mentally unbalanced and dangerous.

Wow …. thank you, Elliott. More than 150 emails were provided to the Trib!! And it sounds as though they were all written in a 17 month period.

In the 17 months before to her violent death in Bali, Indonesia, Sheila von Wiese-Mack often complained to relatives and friends of her struggles to raise her teenage daughter.
More than 150 emails obtained by the Tribune were provided by Elliott Jacobson .....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-emails-from-bali-murder-victim-20150318-htmlstory.html

Yes, Thank you Elliot for giving Sheila a voice...especially after HM and TS tried to demonize her as a baby-killing, racist, crazy, drunken, violent, thief.

In some of the emails, SWM's friend tells her to make HM 'work' for her inheritance. He urges her to talk to her brother, WW, about setting up tighter controls on the money.

He also urges her to password protect her computer and IIRC, change/update any passwords/PINs.

I wonder if HM saw those emails urging her mother to work with WW to make sure HM had to 'earn' her inheritance and decided to kill SWM before she could make the changes.

Wasn't that statement attributed to Heather back in the original Oak Park police reports when they were living together, which Shelia reported to the police after the arm incident when Shelia did not want the injury photographed?

Yes, I think almost exactly.

I am shocked by the emails and the consciousness of the danger that Sheila expresses. I guess I thought she was in denial, and maybe she was, but wow. And poor Elliott, how terrible this must be for him. I have followed this case from the beginning and I am surprised these emails existed and were kept secret. I am glad they became public, the truth revealed. What do Scifo and the other lawyers think now? And the judge and Mackoff?

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/mack-emails.pdf
This series of emails also confirms that HM was added as an authorized user on Sheila's credit card. Looks like full access making it quite easy to order TS's airfare. Though I don't understand the dates, the emails also show the itinerary to Bali with a stop in Hong Kong. (sorry if you have already discussed this)
As we remember, Tommy Exx wrote on social media that he might go on to China and not come "backkk." Confirms suspicions that he and HM may have entertained the thought of "missing" a connecting flight back to Chicago...in case the plan to murder Sheila somehow failed.

Yeah, I think that was the plan. Hong kong. HM probably would have gone back to chicago and acted like grieving daughter, wrap up things, get inheritance and go back and meet TS in HK. Something like that.

Someone please take that poor baby away from her!!!!! Someone do the right thing!!!!

Whoa more Emails are surfacing: http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/mack-emails.pdf

FigTree: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-bali-suitcase-murder-emails-met-20150319-story.html#page=1
Original breaking article where Tribune states they forwarded some emails to HM

The tickets look like they were for travel in February 2015. I'm very confused. If she flew 1st class, the tickets would be refundable. If she used points to fly, there woud be a charge to re-deposit the miles (some airlines base fees on frequent flyer status), but that would be a nominal cost, IMO. If she prepaid the hotels for the best rates (the W had a special prepaid rate last summer-looked into it for my daughter :)), then she would be out the money (not cheap). So, I guess she didn't use Starwood points like we had earlier surmised?

Priceless isn't it.
In hindsight I can see many (better) reasons that things have been done as they have been from the US.
These emails expose more than just HM - they open up a huge can of worms regarding her defence team in Bali and her US team.
No wonder WW was so concerned about the Lawyer who had never taken on a murder case before (Soenardi) and the corruption, and that HM would get her hands on all of Sheila's money to try and defend herself.
WW knows what he is dealing with when it comes to HM.
She is manipulation on an immense and grand scale.

I wonder what TS's mother now thinks - and I also wonder how TS now feels - surely news will be filtering through to him about the emails and the correspondences.
Was he aware that this is not HM's first conception?

I wonder what story will come out now in the Courtroom when we next see HM and TS lying through their teeth about what happened to Sheila.

Love it. That is all.
HM and TS are exposing themselves, by their own stupid lies and contradictions, to be the evil, lying, murdering, mother killing cowards that they are, as they hide behind their lying crucifix jewelry, Bible and rubber wedding band rings.

The tickets look like they were for travel in February 2015. I'm very confused. If she flew 1st class, the tickets would be refundable. If she used points to fly, there woud be a charge to re-deposit the miles (some airlines base fees on frequent flyer status), but that would be a nominal cost, IMO. If she prepaid the hotels for the best rates (the W had a special prepaid rate last summer-looked into it for my daughter :)), then she would be out the money (not cheap). So, I guess she didn't use Starwood points like we had earlier surmised?

I found the dates confusing too, but I am not a world traveler (yet). Yet the itinerary and date of the email fits the whole sordid, sad story.

I don't understand the dates, either.

Even first class tickets aren't necessarily refundable - you have to pay more to get that. I looked at a similar fare to the one HM and SWM took; this summer, the non-refundable first class fare is $11K!

I thought HM added herself to SWM's Chase card without SWM's knowledge - until she got the fraud alert asking for verification. That was followed by a different attempt to use SWM's card without her knowing: the $400 Conrad charge was 'card not present'.

I can't begin to imagine how SWM's friend felt. They both knew HM was a bad character, but I don't think either of them really believed HM would resort to murder. Really bad violence, but not murder.

HM is aware of the emails. The Tribune forwarded her some of them but I do not know when they did that, maybe that is why she was sobbing in court while TS was committing perjury?

Mack did not confirm or deny that she wrote the emails when the Tribune forwarded some of them to her, but she said the email account in which they were written belonged to her. The emails were sometimes written to "Mother Pie," and signed from "your sweetness pie," which Mack confirmed were the nicknames she and her mother had for each other.

What's with the Pie references? BBM

All I can think of is "a piece of the pie" or "shut your pie hole".

Heather is "your sweetness pie"...yeah, right.

But wait, let's check the urban dictionary for some new ideas.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pies
"A pie is a kilo of coke"
"famous new zealand colloquialism to describe a girl of very low caliber, someone or something very unattractive"
"Your lord and master!!! Pie is the thread that holds this world together! You shall obey the pie, or suffer the consequences!!"

Even first class tickets aren't necessarily refundable - you have to pay more to get that. I looked at a similar fare to the one HM and SWM took; this summer, the non-refundable first class fare is $11K!

I thought HM added herself to SWM's Chase card without SWM's knowledge - until she got the fraud alert asking for verification. That was followed by a different attempt to use SWM's card without her knowing: the $400 Conrad charge was 'card not present'.

I can't begin to imagine how SWM's friend felt. They both knew HM was a bad character, but I don't think either of them really believed HM would resort to murder. Really bad violence, but not murder.

I agree, ajaylee. I do not believe that Sheila added Heather as an authorised user of the credit card(s). I think Heather added herself. That is why Sheila forwarded the emails to Elliott - to show him.

The worrying thing here is that I believe the trial itself is now over. The next court appearance - 24th March reportedly - is for the prosecutor to submit sentencing recommendations. I only hope that the judges have all of the email info already, as I read that Elliott gave it to the FBI some time ago.

It must be very difficult for Elliott and William Wiese ... knowing all that they know, and also knowing/thinking that Sheila would still have helped Heather, no matter what. And trying to strike a balance between what Sheila would have wanted, and what Heather deserves.

The trials against Mack and Schaefer are to resume March 24, when prosecutors will submit their sentencing demands.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/chicago-teen-accused-killing-mom-bali-birth-article-1.2155056

What's with the Pie references? BBM

All I can think of is "a piece of the pie" or "shut your pie hole".

Heather is "your sweetness pie"...yeah, right.

But wait, let's check the urban dictionary for some new ideas.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pies
"A pie is a kilo of coke"
"famous new zealand colloquialism to describe a girl of very low caliber, someone or something very unattractive"
"Your lord and master!!! Pie is the thread that holds this world together! You shall obey the pie, or suffer the consequences!!"

Term of endearment I suppose. I have called my daughter "Pumpkin Pie" since she was an infant, and it has morphed into "Pie Girl".

I didn't think about that. HM added herself to Sheila's account, not Sheila herself. Boy, she's some piece of work. Then Sheila added the fraud protection. That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.
Then, days after HM adds herself, she goes off to have a big party on July 23, 2014. That's the date Sheila got the email that the card was not present, had suspicious activity and called police.
"Tommy Schaefer, 21, aka Tommy Exx, an aspiring rap musician, had been dating Heather Lois Mack since April. On July 23, 2014, he and Heather Mack hosted a party at swank Conrad Hotel in Chicago with a half dozen friends, using Sheila Weiss-Mack's credit card. " (http://www.cruisebruise.com/Cruise/...ruise_Line_Settlements_Leads_To_Murder_2.html)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikysweety