Baltimore, MD - Container Ship Strikes Francis Scott Key Bridge - Mass Casualty Situation

A 9,000ft bridge in Maryland has collapsed after being struck by a container ship.

Astonishing footage shows the moment the vessel plowed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, sending the colossal steel structure crashing into the Patapsco River, shortly before 1.30am Eastern.

There were no immediate reports of any casualties and it is not clear if there was traffic on the bridge at the time of the catastrophe.

The Maryland Transportation Authority tweeted: 'All lanes closed both directions for incident on I-695 Key Bridge. Traffic is being detoured.'

The Singapore-flagged vessel struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge, the Coast Guard said. The extent of the damage to the bridge, part of Interstate 695, was not immediately clear.

BREAKING NEWSMaryland's Key Bridge collapses after being struck by a container ship as astonishing footage shows the 1.6-mile long structure crashing into river

That’s terrible. I’ve traveled this bridge a great deal. Do we have an estimate on the number of cars? As much as I wish the bridge had been empty at that time of night, it most likely wouldnt have been.

That’s terrible. I’ve traveled this bridge a great deal. Do we have an estimate on the number of cars? As much as I wish the bridge had been empty at that time of night, it most likely wouldnt have been.
I heard on the news that initial reports were 7 Construction Workers and 3-4 Civilian Vehicles missing. Of course those numbers could be wrong.

I believe this is could be the container ship that struck the bridge:

The current position of DALI is at US East Coast reported 0 min ago by AIS. The vessel is en route to BALTIMORE-COLOMBO, and expected to arrive there on Apr 22, 11:30. The vessel DALI (IMO 9697428, MMSI 563004200) is a Container Ship built in 2015 (9 years old) and currently sailing under the flag of Singapore.

I believe this is could be the container ship that struck the bridge:

The current position of DALI is at US East Coast reported 0 min ago by AIS. The vessel is en route to BALTIMORE-COLOMBO, and expected to arrive there on Apr 22, 11:30. The vessel DALI (IMO 9697428, MMSI 563004200) is a Container Ship built in 2015 (9 years old) and currently sailing under the flag of Singapore.

Marine traffic shows Dali "stopped" in the right location:

- Rescue workers believe at least 7 construction workers were on the bridge but say the figure could be as high as 20.

- The container ship, the Singapore-flagged Dali, was leaving Baltimore for Sri Lanka. The ship suffered major damage, including a possible breach in the hull.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back