Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video you have is not a legal document; she can say what ever she wants to in videos, and as long as she is not under oath, it holds no legal bearing. But anyhow, I believe in her bankruptcy docs she does list a laptop valued at $00.

did she not list her computer she bought with her own money I have a video in which she admits to buying said computer with her " own" money???

I'm puzzled how JB (and others) can accept JAC payment for services at the time and then bill her for $500K after the fact... Once an attorney accepts their assignment isn't that it?

BBM. What actual proof does anyone have that she is living lavishly and traveling around? According to the bankruptcy docs the bling on her hand is costume.

Funny, but I don't remember my attorney and his staff getting together to hold up a "Team LambChop" sign for a photo shoot when I closed on my house. Maybe someone should put this picture before the judge to consider. What law firm does that????? One that expects their client is a future BIG OLE money maker. If she can put in her claim who she perceives as future potential debt judgments against her why can't the judge consider her future money making possibilities. Past offers of millions of dollars she has turned down should be considered. One was just for an interview. She has no income yet lives lavishly, travels around moving from place to place. That takes money. She certainly is not homeless with that bling on her hand. jmo

I'm puzzled how JB (and others) can accept JAC payment for services at the time and then bill her for $500K after the fact... Once an attorney accepts their assignment isn't that it?

JB did not accept any JAC money for services. Nor did he accept any "assignment" of the case from the state. Casey hired him and made her own private arrangements for payment.

BBM. What actual proof dos nyone have that she is living lavishly and traveling around? According to the bankruptcy docs the bling on her hand is costume.

Do you have proof that she's not????

What does Casey have to offer? We live in a time where every kind of "celebrity" is revered. Doesn't matter how you come by that celebrity. We don't hold with much in the way of morals and values in our culture anymore.

To be in a photo op with Casey Anthony, to be part of her "circle" means that people pay attention to YOU too...that YOUR name is in the media...that your law firm or network gets a countless dollars worth of free publicity. Casey, may be a baby-killer, but she has celebrity stardust to sprinkle around those that get close.

If she leads a charmed life, now and in the future, it is because we live in a culture that admires the "ladies" on Jersey Shore so much that we pay them millions to watch their antics and Casey's lifestyle wasn't any grubbier than that. Caylee, well, a jury found her not guilty.

We live in a culture where juries factor in what verdict works best FOR THEM. And we live in a culture where lying is a political and social norm. "Everyone lies, everyone dies." Yup, Casey, you are the spokeswoman for Our Times.

Respectfully Quoted stmarysmead :tyou:

BBM
(bolded by me)

I agree with all you said. Thank you.

When a trial begins, if I remember correctly, folks are asked to put their hand on a bible and "swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God."

Why are lies allowed? Defense attorneys know they are lying. Why are they allowed to lie for the "defense" of a client. If you are innocent, no need to lie. If you are guilty, and your defense can't lie for you-then only the facts come out.

Why are adults allowed to lie? Why is any half truth/lie ever accepted? How would you explain this to a child? "Sometimes, adults HAVE to lie Billy..."

WHY?

:twocents:

OK, I found the BK filing again and got the case number to check the docket. Nothing exciting on there, and no judge assigned yet for some reason (they are assigned at the time of filing in the AZ district).

Yeah when he was whining about his $3.00 dollars an hour, he really meant to say
Pay me when you can......:what:

OK, I found the BK filing again and got the case number to check the docket. Nothing exciting on there, and no judge assigned yet for some reason (they are assigned at the time of filing in the AZ district).

BTW you have to have an account to see the documents, which is the only reason I didn't post a link.

Casey is certainly giving America a tutorial in every sleazy legal tactic available in every aspect of our legal system.

Sleazy is a understatement. This whole Casey Anthony affair is just bizarre no matter how you spin it. I thought I heard the last of her her and she is back again. :crazy: :what: I wonder if it would be bizarre had she been convicted or a mistrial occurred.

a few more idle thoughts.

If Casey does get her big payout interview, probably with CBS as it seems they've been feeding her coffers all along, she has three choices:
1. go with the story of George's sexual abuse and him being responsible for Caylee's death.
2. admit it was all a lie she gleefully went along with to save her skin.
3. make a new story up

none of those bode well for her. She either pokes George into a big payout of his own, minus Cindy. Or she faces the wrath of a country for lying about the death of a child (again). Or she is nothing but a lying little twit.

she is good for one interview. after that she's nothing special and hardly worth listening to. And all her posse will want their cut. No matter what she does, she is still a one story book.

Somehow, I think Casey Anthony will make a new story up as she always does. She is nothing but life of lies on top of lies. She builds her life on a stack of lies, like Lance Armstrong, Jimmy Savile, Joe Paterno, or Jerry Sandusky. We all knew what happened to them. :crazy:

DT, PA, SD, etc. do not refer to names; they are not unique to any particular case. They are generic for every case as far as I know. For example:
DT = defense team
PA = prosecuting attorney
SD = self defense
PD = public defender
Yet these do not appear in the FAQ or the Websleuth's Lingo List

Just my opinion, but having to ask for an explanation every time one come across a new acronym is tedious and tiresome - both for the asker and for the other readers. An acronym reference is so late in coming on this site.

Again, just my opinion, but saying that new readers should "stick around long enough" to understand the discussion is really unkind and unreasonable. Newbies should be able to understand the conversation right away after referencing the FAQ.

Lastly, and my strongest opinion of all, forums are made for communication. Acronyms are one of the greatest - if not the greatest - impediment to good communication.

I hope someone in charge will consider/reconsider.
Yeah, but you need to understand that there aren't standardized acronyms. Each state and each forum is different. We just had someone list several different meanings for the term A/C, which turns out AZLawyer meant attorney/client privilege. In California, you might have one prosecutor, or a team. I've never seen PA used before, nor SD. In Florida, the prosecutor(s) is referred to as the SA or State's Attorney. Just adapt and be flexible. It took me a long time to know that LE meant Law Enforcement. I always called them police or cops. If an acronym is a problem, just type out the phrase or person's name- it's not an issue to use names if they are the suspect, the victim, a lawyer, or in the news. I always use Casey Anthony, no FCA, or ICA, OCA, or CMA for me. Same with Cindy Anthony.

Originally Posted by rossva
BBM. What actual proof dos nyone have that she is living lavishly and traveling around? According to the bankruptcy docs the bling on her hand is costume.

Do you have proof that she's not????

She lied on the bankruptcy filing when she wrote her parent's address as her address.
She clearly does NOT live there.
She clearly has another address, no matter how short-term it has been.

CayleeMotiontoIntervene.jpg

She also forgot all her imaginary friends!

or did i miss she should have included amy h. for the theft of all amy's $$.(or is amy listed as debts?) her poor grandmother too, but i doubt they can list her since grandma passed away. but at very least amy h. "debt" or has she somehow managed to pay amy back/ restitution?

Originally Posted by rossva

She lied on the bankruptcy filing when she wrote her parent's address as her address.
She clearly does NOT live there.
She clearly has another address, no matter how short-term it has been.

I read it. Thanks TT. You rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member