Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clear up a little information.
According to this map,
there are three Federal districts: Northern, Middle and Southern.
Each district is subdivided into Divisions.
The Middle District has four Divisions: Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando and Ft. Myers. There is a bankruptcy courthouse in each Division.

This site goes into more detail about how to determine where to file.

The point on this link I wanted to stress is all bankruptcy is Federal law, not State law.
I assume by that it will be a Federal judge and not a State one.

Also, does she have to appear and/or testify at any of the hearings?

http://www.bankruptcylawhelp.com/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Residency-Requirements.aspx

Thanks Watcher9
The link answers my question about the location of filing...can it be in any District and/or can it be in any Division within a District.

http://www.bankruptcylawhelp.com/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Residency-Requirements.aspx

There are two common ways to figure out what Federal District you are permitted to file your case in. One is (1) where you have been living and the other is (2) where your principal assets have been located. For both ways, the critical time period is the 180 days before the bankruptcy is filed.

"Summary for Place of Filing Bankruptcy. Since most people (1) decide the correct Federal District for filing bankruptcy based upon residency rather than location of principal assets, and since (2) just over 1/2 of 180 is 91 days, the Residency Rule is often boiled down to the following statement: "You can file your bankruptcy in the Federal District where you are living now once you have lived in your current District for 91 days. Until you have lived in your current District for 91 days, you must file in the Federal District where you came from, not where you live now."

Just saw the "Team Casey" pic. I am shocked. I don't get it. Is this kind of photo op/sentiment normal for bankruptcy attorneys and their clients?

None of her 'possee' seem to have any genuine concern for her well-being. We never hear of any of them pushing her to enroll in school or obtain some sort of job training. No indication from any quarter that any of her inner circle love her enough to push her to do the right things, to take the necessary steps to become a productive, contributing member of society. Never any "tough love" in evidence.

No, instead these ones close to her choose to become her acolytes*, if you will. They willingly choose to step up to promote the glorification of her lawlessness, they willingly choose to make a mockery of justice. All for the hint of the glimmer of money, the sum of which for them amounts to chump change.

They willingly choose this, there is no one forcing them to defend her, to stand with her, to support her, as would be the case in a public defender scenario at trial.

In my opinion, that makes them as evil as she is. Those who are especially charged to be champions for justice are instead . . . openly mocking it.

Shame on every single one of them.

Decent people are outraged by this sort of thing, and rightfully so.

As maddening as it is to read about these continued antics, I am certain (and comforted) in knowing that God is not mocked.

"... they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same."

*an altar attendant in public worship
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/acolyte?s=t

:clap::clap::clap:

I imagine her petition was filed in the Orlando Division since that corresponds to the address of her attorney and the Hopespring Drive address she listed on her petition. I don't think the Division where the petition was filed is a big deal - it is the District that is relevant. By law, you have to reside in the District where you are seeking relief for at least 180 days prior to filing. Either way, she filed in the Middle District of Florida which includes all those counties.

eta: rethinking here and second guessing myself - I am ASSuming it was filed in the Orlando Division for the reasons stated above, however I'm not quite sure if that is the case since she supposedly lives in a different Division than the one she listed on her petition. Maybe it does matter. AZ will be able to let us know which Division of the Middle District via Pacer. Good gosh...only this case would we have to wonder about stuff like this (an alias address listed as her home address which isn't really her home address for the past 180 days). I hate this stupid case. lol

ThinkTank Posted she filed in the TAMPA Division of the Middle District of Florida

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/01/26/CASEY_ANTHONY_BANKRUPTY_FILING.pdf
Also, according the the documents her Bankruptcy lawyer is in St Petersburg, FL

I guess as long as you File in the correct DISTRICT it may not matter which Division in that District you chose.

Just saw the "Team Casey" pic. I am shocked. I don't get it. Is this kind of photo op/sentiment normal for bankruptcy attorneys and their clients?

You and me both Horace... you and me both.

The women in the photos I really can't understand. Are they wives, lawyers, paralegals or what?

You and me both Horace... you and me both.

The women in the photos I really can't understand. Are they wives, lawyers, paralegals or what?

I don't understand how any of these dual relationships are ethical. Yet there is no investigation whatsoever. I guess if they didn't go after Baez and company, the new crop of "Team Casey" people won't even be on the radar. (Wonder what team Casey is even supposed to mean.)

ThinkTank Posted she filed in the TAMPA Division of the Middle District of Florida

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/01/26/CASEY_ANTHONY_BANKRUPTY_FILING.pdf

I guess as long as you File in the correct DISTRICT it may not matter which Division in that District you chose.

BBM

Thanks! I see it was signed off by David Schrader in St. Petersburg now. I skimmed before and was referencing Charles Greene's Orlando address.

I do believe she now might officially have more lawyers than she has had boyfriends and that is saying something! :lol:

I am just disgusted at those pictures of "Team Casey." She looks almost glowing, so healthy and tan, bling everywhere, a blue dress the same dang color as the one she wore in that contest at the club, remember those pics of her dancing in it?. And this happened right after she killed Caylee. My GOD what a smack in the face of every Caylee supporter. She is spitting at us all, look at me and how well I'm doing! She's not stressed at all. I'll never believe she has no money.

And she'll probably get what she wants out of the bankruptcy court. Is there NOTHING that she can't get out of? How freaking depressing. I didn't really believe it when someone said she was a "teflon princess," but they were soooooooooo right. Actually, she's not a teflon princess, she is the Queen of Teflon!!!!

I was doing so well in getting past this and then I saw those pictures...they make me want to throw things!!!! :furious::banghead:

And she has people willing to do anything for her. I just don't get it at all. It's like the cult of Casey or something. Like she's a witch that casts spells over them to make them do whatever she wants. It's just sickening.

The bankruptcy is not the real story here....Its the window dressing for what's to come... Longo couldn't just do a PR job on Anthony. No he had to actually "break some news" while he was at it. :floorlaugh:

The pictures scream....
Emperor's New Clothes.

This is a total snow job. No your eyes do not deceive you. Casey is loved by many...... See?...:floorlaugh:

Now we've had the tentative debut back into Society.... and the internet is abuzz again but still not in a good way for her rep. But there's gold in them there hills. Now let the real games begin. Licensing Fee Offers should be directed to ..........
Roll up. Roll up
aFu_PenguinsDance.gif
We have plenty of exclusive photographs to go around.

Many people have and will continue to feed at the Casey Anthony trough. And money will change hands. But in another 4 years the name of Casey Anthony will still be synonymous with the murder of her baby daughter and pathological lying. When a particular kind of defendant :what: makes the talking head shows, the name of Casey Anthony will be regurgitated. Its happening with the Arias case, which just happened to be on a bit of a hiatus when this story went to press. :waitasec:

Caylee4.jpg

I am just disgusted at those pictures of "Team Casey." She looks almost glowing, so healthy and tan, bling everywhere, a blue dress the same dang color as the one she wore in that contest at the club, remember those pics of her dancing in it?. And this happened right after she killed Caylee. My GOD what a smack in the face of every Caylee supporter. She is spitting at us all, look at me and how well I'm doing! She's not stressed at all. I'll never believe she has no money.

And she'll probably get what she wants out of the bankruptcy court. Is there NOTHING that she can't get out of? How freaking depressing. I didn't really believe it when someone said she was a "teflon princess," but they were soooooooooo right. Actually, she's not a teflon princess, she is the Queen of Teflon!!!!

I was doing so well in getting past this and then I saw those pictures...they make me want to throw things!!!! :furious::banghead:

And she has people willing to do anything for her. I just don't get it at all. It's like the cult of Casey or something. Like she's a witch that casts spells over them to make them do whatever she wants. It's just sickening.

Never understood them. Sounds like killer groupies.

The bankruptcy is not the real story here....Its the window dressing for what's to come... Longo couldn't just do a PR job on Anthony. No he had to actually "break some news" while he was at it. :floorlaugh:

The pictures scream....
Emperor's New Clothes.

This is a total snow job. No your eyes do not deceive you. Casey is loved by many...... See?...:floorlaugh:

Now we've had the tentative debut back into Society.... and the internet is abuzz again but still not in a good way for her rep. But there's gold in them there hills. Now let the real games begin. Licensing Fee Offers should be directed to ..........
Roll up. Roll up
aFu_PenguinsDance.gif

Many people have and will continue to feed at the Casey Anthony trough. And money will change hands. But in another 4 years the name of Casey Anthony will still be synonymous with the murder of her baby daughter and pathological lying. When a particular kind of defendant :what: makes the talking head shows, the name of Casey Anthony will be regurgitated. Its happening with the Arias case, which just happened to be on a bit of a hiatus when this story went to press. :waitasec:

Caylee4.jpg
But, I don't get it. OJ was a pariah after his acquittal. What's the difference here? Do we really value our children so little that we are willing to forgive and forget what happened? Where's the indignation? These Casey fans (and yes, that includes Mr. Longo) should be so ashamed of themselves. JMO

But, I don't get it. OJ was a pariah after his acquittal. What's the difference here? Do we really value our children so little that we are willing to forgive and forget what happened? Where's the indignation? These Casey fans (and yes, that includes Mr. Longo) should be so ashamed of themselves. JMO

Most people are enraged. Just go on Twitter or any comment page. 9 out of 10 comments blast her. But you cannot deny that she brings in the punters......She is a ratings dream, amplified by the age of the Internet which was in its infancy when OJ did his thing.

Apart from a few freaks, the only people who are invested in Anthony are people who are looking for something in return. Baez has made a career out of it. Nancy Grace and HLN got a whole new audience by covering little else. While we remain fascinated, the Longos of this world will oblige.

But like any other commodity she has a sell by date.....and her current enablers are very aware of it.

How about a bit of perspective here? This is it? Whatshernames big reveal? Done by Adam who? So she shows up in a fuggly blue dress, surrounded by a clown posse.

This confirms for me that she is circling the bowl.

The pictures scream....
Emperor's New Clothes.

Roll up. Roll up
aFu_PenguinsDance.gif

Caylee4.jpg

Yes this is a "soft opening" for the oncoming circus imo. Media made out like bandits during the murder trial, I'm sure they're salivating over more FCA drama.

Yes this is a "soft opening" for the oncoming circus imo. Media made out like bandits during the murder trial, I'm sure they're salivating over more FCA drama.

This thing and her handlers know the value of a photograph. ABC showed them the way. I have absolutely no doubt that her post jail portfolio :floorlaugh: is up for grabs.

I do not expect any large Publishing House to pay this reprobate a huge book retainer. The publishing world are more savvy. That's why Baez took the Ben Bella route and he is not in her league as far as public disgust goes.

Will some network pay her for the anticipated interview. Probably, but Baez stole her thunder with his book and the price tag has considerably dropped. She will never alter public opinion. Never gonna happen. Longo is not being applauded for his exclusive. But Im sure he saw that coming anyway.

She will make some money but have to hide it as she's trying to blow off her half a million buck debt through bankruptsy. In order to accomplish that, there are an untold numbers of people who will have to get their cut. :cow: Where money or career advancement is concerned the ponds evacuate and the woodwork is a lonely place. But you will never have Casey Anthony skipping off to a public College to get her GED. Nor will you get this creature being asked for her autograph except by the mentally challenged. :twocents:

One thing that did confuse me is that Ft. Myers was listed as part of the middle district. Ft. Myers is closer to Miami than Orlando. A pretty even drive between Tampa and Miami, but it's a lot more Southern than Central Florida.

Please do not tell me that she could have this handled in Ft. Myers? Just because it is considered part of the "district." She is not welcome here. At all!

How about a bit of perspective here? This is it? Whatshernames big reveal? Done by Adam who? So she shows up in a fuggly blue dress, surrounded by a clown posse.

This confirms for me that she is circling the bowl.

that is my opinion as well. she's still boring and stupid and narcissistic, and everyone's hanging out for their own narcissistic reasons....now we know the names of greene, longo, helling, etc..who would have ever heard of these people if not for their parasitic attachment to the parasite?

Casey Anthony Can Declare Bankruptcy And Expect Relief But Student Loan Debtors Receive No Such Protection

Anthony, who is unsurpringly unemployed (would you hire this woman?), claims debts of just under $800,000 on assets of a little more than $1,000, most of which appear to be some rather inexpensive pieces of jewelry. Those bills are mostly the result of the costs of mounting a defense against the charges she murdered daughter, with $500,000 owed to her attorney Jose Baez, and hundreds of thousands of dollars in other debts run up to private investigators and various forensics experts. There’s also a miscellaneous charge to a scuba diving business.

It should be obvious there is something deeply wrong with our laws when someone like Casey Anthony can turn to the bankruptcy courts for a fresh financial start, but men and women who incurred debt in an effort to better themselves or their loved ones cannot get even a smidgeon of such aid.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaine...t-student-debtors-receive-no-such-protection/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592