Belgium - 32 Killed In Suicide Bombing At Brussels Airport, 22 March 2016 *arrests, Guilty*

SKY They are now moving peopleout of the building but not letting anyone take thier hand luggage

noone is istenig to that command

train stations to reopn at 4 local, not sure if that is subway

God bless those in harm's way.

KAKE NewsVerified account ‏@KAKEnews [video=twitter;712273974533574657]https://twitter.com/KAKEnews/status/712273974533574657[/video]
UPDATE: Death toll rises to 31 in Brussels attacks. http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/TIMELINE-Deadly-suicide-bomb-attack-in-Belgium-373046241.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KAKEnews … #KAKENews

CeKBZ-vUAAAZXFw.jpg

I do not want people to get the impression that Belgium is this frightening place.Many of the small towns have little crime but Brussels and Antwerpen are not safe.Many of the extremist commit crimes and run gangs.This is my opinion and what I read and see.I feel safer in Kortrijk than any place in the US.

I'm watching Sky news's rolling coverage. Interesting that as the airport was getting evacuated passengers were asked to leave their hand luggage behind. I wonder why they'd ask that, surely that's more of a headache for the authorities trying to sort out what's genuine and what might not be? I guess they probably mean larger cabin suitcases rather than handbags. Doesn't look as though people were taking heed, they all had bags with them as they left.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/security-ttc-brussels-terror-1.3501962
Brussels attacks prompt heightened security at Toronto's Union Station

TTC issues security statement

Toronto Transit Commission spokesman Brad Ross also issued a statement regarding security this morning.

"The TTC and its staff remain vigilant at all times," the statement reads. "We take our lead from law enforcement agencies, but ask our customers that if they see or hear anything suspicious, to report it to a TTC employee or police: see something, say something."

A Toronto police officer tweeted that the force will be working today with "heightened awareness" in the wake of the Brussels attacks
rbbm.

I'm watching Sky news's rolling coverage. Interesting that as the airport was getting evacuated passengers were asked to leave their hand luggage behind. I wonder why they'd ask that, surely that's more of a headache for the authorities trying to sort out what's genuine and what might not be? I guess they probably mean larger cabin suitcases rather than handbags. Doesn't look as though people were taking heed, they all had bags with them as they left.

My husband mentioned this,it will be difficult to sort that out.I think it is like when evacuating an airplane,just leave everything and get out.

The Belgian intelligence and security services are hopeless. Their various agencies do not effectively co-ordinate or share information between themselves let alone with corresponding agencies outside the country. There is a huge problem with extremists living in certain districts of Brussels but the authorities are just not on up to the job of monitoring them and identifying and evaluating the threats they pose. Hence jihadists can lie low in the city and periodically emerge to carry out attacks in Belgium and across the border in France.

The Belgian intelligence and security services are hopeless

Actually they have done amazing stuff since Paris. Arresting scores of terrorists (hence todaY). Yesterday (will find link) they said neighbors (terrists also I assume ) kept the head guy safe .

CNN : A lot of terroruists are providing food housing etc to other terrirists.

Right after Paris a lot of nations were stunned at how many terrorists cells are there and active and very sohpistcted.

I think the number was 64 arrests --

What a terrible tragedy it just breaks your heart. We are all human beings how can we do this to one another? May the victims Rest In Peace. The injured are in my prayers too, as are those that witnessed the bombings and the emergency services and police.

Thank you for all your posts with the latest news and updates. It is great to come here and get the latest updates from sources around the world with information we might not find ourselves.

There is profound evil in the world. We must recognize it for what it is, and call it what it is, and stop pretending that evil is peace.

Totally agree 100% sonjay. although we likely disagree on who is evil.

The Belgian intelligence and security services are hopeless

Actually they have done amazing stuff since Paris. Arresting scores of terrorists (hence todaY). Yesterday (will find link) they said neighbors (terrists also I assume ) kept the head guy safe .

CNN : A lot of terroruists are providing food housing etc to other terrirists.

Right after Paris a lot of nations were stunned at how many terrorists cells are there and active and very sohpistcted.

I think the number was 64 arrests --

Thank you for saying this,I follow the Belgium news and they have been very active.

<strong>Brussels university tells everyone to stay indoors, possible new threat</strong><br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.reuters.com/article/us-belgium-blast-university-idUSKCN0WO1OS" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.reuters.com/article/us-belgium-blast-university-idUSKCN0WO1OS</a><br>
<br>
I'm reading translated tweets about another bomb dismantled by bomb squads and also reports that nails were in the bombs. Take that fwiw until official reports are available.

A unused suicide vest has been found ;SKY. Flags lowered

I have only heard about the high security at Tel-aviv airport.

Okay, sorry I misunderstood, I thought you'd flown from there.

I'd be interested to know how they manage the arrival of passengers who are checking in if anyone knows!

Thank you for saying this,I follow the Belgium news and they have been very active.

They have been very active and the work they have done is commendable but it is a great pity it took the attack in Paris for action to be taken and arrests made. I just wish more action could be taken for authorities to infiltrate communities which are hot beds for extremism but I don't think countries have enough man power and resources to do it properly.

What a terrible tragedy it just breaks your heart. We are all human beings how can we do this to one another? May the victims Rest In Peace. The injured are in my prayers too, as are those that witnessed the bombings and the emergency services and police.

Thank you for all your posts with the latest news and updates. It is great to come here and get the latest updates from sources around the world with information we might not find ourselves.

From Gregjrichards: The families who have loved ones who are missing or deceased are in my prayers.

May the victims of the Brussells bombings on the 22 March 2016 Rest in Peace. The injured survivors and those that witnessed the bombings are in my prayers too.

May the victims of FlyDubai Flight FZ981 Rest in Peace. The families of those deceased are in my prayers.

Thank you for these beautiful sentiments! Your words have touched my heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back