Found Deceased Belgium - Dean Verberckmoes 4, w/babysitter Dave de Kock 34, Sint-Niklaas, 12 Jan 2022 *Arrests*

To clarify: it has not been said this Dave de Kock is the same as the Dave de Kock that has Dean. However, the names, age and region match (within 30 minutes of Antwerp).
I think it is the same man, found another msm from the old case with his picture, for sure younger version
DPG Media Privacy Gate

The boy’s mother told the newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws yesterday that the man is a family friend who regularly looks after her children. He was supposed to take the boy to his grandparents on Thursday, but that didn’t happen.

The woman is staying in a psychiatric hospital in Sint-Niklaas and had visited her son at home on Tuesday and Wednesday. The mother reported the disappearance yesterday.
Amber Alert for missing Belgian boy of 4, man arrested

upload_2022-1-17_13-23-7.jpeg

Dutch police arrested 34-year-old Belgian man Dave de K. on Monday afternoon who is suspected of kidnapping the 4-year-old boy he was babysitting in Belgium last week. The man was found alone in the village of Meerkerk, Utrecht. Authorities in the Netherlands issued an Amber Alert for the child, Dean Verberckmoes, when they were unable to determine the child’s whereabouts by questioning the suspect.

Verberckmoes has brown hair and is 102 centimeters tall. He was last seen wearing a dark blue jacket with red stripes, police said.

The boy’s mother, Elle Verberckmoes, said she dropped the child off on Wednesday with a couple who watched their son in the past. The couple is one of her girlfriends, and her partner, De K.. The child was supposed to stay over at their house for one night, but instead of dropping Dean off at his grandmother’s house, they kept the child for an additional night.

On Friday, Verberckmoes said the couple had a fight, and De K. left, taking Dean with him. The two drove off from his home in Sint-Gillis-Waas, near the Zeeland border. They were last seen south of Maastricht in the Belgian town of Sint-Niklaas, police said. Verberckmoes was in contact with De K. Saturday afternoon, but soon after he stopped answering her phone calls. Belgian police issued an alert the following day, according to media reports in that country.

Since Monday afternoon, police said it was likely that the two were in the south of the Netherlands. The man's car, a gray Peugeot, was found at a commercial property in Gorinchem, Zuid-Holland. It was not revealed how the man traveled from there to Meerkerk.
Amber Alert issued for missing Belgian boy; Suspect arrested

This poor little boy! I have so many thoughts running thru my head! I hope he's alive and somewhere safe but with Dave's past I don't feel too good about it! Was his gf aware of his past?

Oh gosh, what a nightmare.

I have cousins and friends in the area, Leerdam and Dordrecht. I wonder if they are aware. But everyone has been on lockdown, though the restrictions have been eased in the last few days.
The Waal River flows by Gorinchem, where de Kock's car was found. :(

DPG Media Privacy Gate
ETA - Title:
Kidnapper of Dean (4) abused toddler in 2008 until death followed

SBM

Little Miguel Van Kriekinge was, among other things, violently thrown against the bars of his bed and pushed down the stairs. He was also hit with a vacuum cleaner rod.

On June 25, 2008, the toddler was taken to hospital with convulsions. In addition to bruises on the face, on the trunk and on the arms, he also appeared to have suffered a cerebral hemorrhage. De Kock was sentenced to ten years in prison for inhumane acts, which resulted in death. The judge called Miguel “DK's punching bag”.

Snip

Mother Elke was aware that Dave had been in prison, but she said she did not know exactly for what offenses. “I only learned that afterwards. After the distribution of the search message, I was suddenly sent various news articles about his past. I was shocked when I read all this. I would never have trusted him with my children if I had known this. There were never any signs that I should doubt his sincerity. Only now have I been confronted with all those stories.”

According to Elke, Dave moved to Waasland two years ago. “He didn't reveal much about the past. He only said that he had been innocent in prison for ten years. He also struggled with a lot of trauma as a result and planned to enter therapy. I never got the feeling that he was hiding things.

#more at link

Last edited:
DPG Media Privacy Gate
SBM

Little Miguel Van Kriekinge was, among other things, violently thrown against the bars of his bed and pushed down the stairs. He was also hit with a vacuum cleaner rod.

On June 25, 2008, the toddler was taken to hospital with convulsions. In addition to bruises on the face, on the trunk and on the arms, he also appeared to have suffered a cerebral hemorrhage. De Kock was sentenced to ten years in prison for inhumane acts, which resulted in death. The judge called Miguel “DK's punching bag”.

Snip

Mother Elke was aware that Dave had been in prison, but she said she did not know exactly for what offenses. “I only learned that afterwards. After the distribution of the search message, I was suddenly sent various news articles about his past. I was shocked when I read all this. I would never have trusted him with my children if I had known this. There were never any signs that I should doubt his sincerity. Only now have I been confronted with all those stories.”

According to Elke, Dave moved to Waasland two years ago. “He didn't reveal much about the past. He only said that he had been innocent in prison for ten years. He also struggled with a lot of trauma as a result and planned to enter therapy. I never got the feeling that he was hiding things.

#more at link
Welp, he's going back to prison!
And he'll say he's innocent again!
It's always a good idea to look up a person's record before letting them watch you children. But when we meet someone and get along so well with them it's hard to think they might not be who they seem.

I would love to know if mom was able to speak with Dean on Saturday. ie was he with Dave or is Dave on the run alone now?

Linked upthread:
SBM
"Hello mom, I'm going to miss you". Those are the last words of 4-year-old Dean when he waved goodbye to mom EV (39) last Wednesday. The boy has been missing since that day.

Extra link to other news paper, because my previous one apparently doesn’t work here.

Dave De Kock aangehouden in Nederland, Dean (4) nog vermist

“34-year-old Belgian Dave De Kock was arrested this afternoon around 2.15 pm after a report about a suspicious situation in Meerkerk. That is what the Dutch police say. He was there alone. Further investigation revealed that he had left his car at a company in Gorinchem, where the car was found and secured.

“However, the four-year-old boy has not yet been found,” said the Dutch police. “To date, the interrogation with the suspect has not yet led to the determination of the child's whereabouts. An Amber Alert will therefore be sent.””

Heartbreaking,I fear the worst..

"De Kock, 34, was found alone this afternoon in the village of Meerkerk, about 25 kilometers southwest of Utrecht. That happened after 'a report of a suspicious situation'. "It was reported that he walked around the streets and looked inside houses," said police spokesman Willem van Hooijdonk. "

"The man's car, a gray Peugeot, was found at a company in Gorinchem in South Holland. Around the time of the arrest, a police helicopter circled near the Merwede Bridge. The boy has brown hair and is 102 centimeters tall. During his disappearance, he was wearing a dark blue jacket with red stripes,police said."

SBBM
DPG Media Privacy Gate

So sad. Prayers for all who loved him. Fly high, little one.

AMSTERDAM - The 4-year-old Belgian boy Dean Verberckmoes was found in Zeeland on Monday evening. He has died, police said. 34-year-old Belgian Dave De Kock … was arrested by the Dutch police in Meerkerk on Monday afternoon. It is not clear whether the Belgian played a role in finding Dean. Politie: vermiste Belgische jongetje (4) dood gevonden

“Dave De Kock went to Zeeland on the spot on Monday evening, together with the police. The child, Dean Verberckmoes, was hidden between the boulders in the vicinity of the Oosterschelde. The exact cause of death is not yet clear at this time. Research should also further determine when exactly the child was killed.”
Vermiste Dean (4) dood teruggevonden in Zeeland

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back