Birthday Memorial - Java Jive

Status
Not open for further replies.
By "over it now", I meant to say that I'm over the shock of Cherie's sudden turn in behavior toward me, which was completely misplaced and undeserved if I do say so myself. It showed me that she lacks logic in her thinking. Something isn't right.

Don't think I didn't remind her that she hosted the original search for Nancy, she asked me multiple times if the media would be there, with positive anticipation in her voice, I asked her if this celebration was okay with her, was very careful to clean up after myself, tip the employees, let her know that I wanted her to approve or disapprove of everything I put up. I told her that the media folks would probably be there around 4 PM. She was appropriately coiffed and nicely dressed, so much so that I didn't recognize her on the air. Everyone looked to be having a nice time. Blah. Then she came out of nowhere, in a totally different persona, not being logical at all.

Abilify. Isn't that for rapid mood swings?

I need a good episode of Leave it to Beaver to put me in a nostalgic, happy mood. That's it.

One last thing: karma! Isn't that when you do something mean and nasty, it comes back to bite you in the hoo-haw? I know one hoo-haw that's gonna need a good sitz bath.

I hope it ain't mine.

By "over it now", I meant to say that I'm over the shock of Cherie's sudden turn in behavior toward me, which was completely misplaced and undeserved if I do say so myself. It showed me that she lacks logic in her thinking. Something isn't right.

Don't think I didn't remind her that she hosted the original search for Nancy, she asked me multiple times if the media would be there, with positive anticipation in her voice, I asked her if this celebration was okay with her, was very careful to clean up after myself, tip the employees, let her know that I wanted her to approve or disapprove of everything I put up. I told her that the media folks would probably be there around 4 PM. She was appropriately coiffed and nicely dressed, so much so that I didn't recognize her on the air. Everyone looked to be having a nice time. Blah. Then she came out of nowhere, in a totally different persona, not being logical at all.

Abilify. Isn't that for rapid mood swings?

I need a good episode of Leave it to Beaver to put me in a nostalgic, happy mood. That's it.

NCN..these type of people who don't receive recognition and glory to relish in and things don't go their way, they attack. She knew you would be back, she knew your health condition and took you the innocent person to pounce on. Plain and simple.

Someone like me...she would have had a scene on her hands, because no one is going to finger point me out when I did IMO everything correct, just
like you had done.

I just hope some customers witnessed this outlandish behavior and took note.

NCNative, you are such a wonderful person to create that memorial. Please don't let this woman get you down. Everything you did was for Nancy and she is smiling down on you. Your heart is in the right place and don't let anyone take that away from you. I can't wait to meet you one day and have coffee at the new place.

NCN..these type of people who don't receive recognition and glory to relish in and things don't go their way, they attack. She knew you would be back, she knew your health condition and took you the innocent person to pounce on. Plain and simple.

Someone like me...she would have had a scene on her hands, because no one is going to finger point me out when I did IMO everything correct, just
like you had done.

I just hope some customers witnessed this outlandish behavior and took note.

MOM: The scene WAS witnessed by more than a few people. I did confront her with her illogical behavior toward me. She played the victim, played me as the enemy. It's actually funny now, especially how silly it looked when she said she was "...FORCED to speak to the media...", how she is "...getting nasty phone calls all day...", and when I asked her, "...did I do something WRONG...?" she said, "...as a matter of fact..." and went into the rant. I reminded her that I had never met anyone on WS, most of us do not know each other in person, I NEVER contacted the media, and that I contacted Cherie by phone to do this decorating, she said yes, was happy about it and even gave suggestions such as, she wanted a black fabric on the hearth, white bows, etc. I did notice that she seemed unusual in her moods for lack of a better word, from what I observed while there for part of two days. But I just overlooked it at the time. I am very observant of details in people's behavior, and other things.

I confronted her on each silly thing that she was trying to put off on me: "forced": told her I'd be glad to quote her on that and other comments she was making, nasty phone calls, asked her WHO and WHAT the "nasty" phone calls were about (never got an answer). There was a man sitting at the booth table who was taking it all in. He was snirking/smirking at the whole ridiculous scene. She couldn't see him, but I could. I reminded her that she hosted the search parties, and that's why I contacted her, to which she agreed to host this display. She made negative comments to me that I "...didn't even KNOW Nancy...", and that I wasn't there for the actual celebration. I told her that I had said I wouldn't be there and why, and I had told her I didn't know Nancy. That's not anything to take issue with, just another way for her to behave strangely and accusingly.

As I left I told her that she needed to take issue with the people whom she feel "forced" and verbally abused by, instead of verbally abusing ME, falsely.

Chalk it up to the world is full of...stuff. I look forward to patronizing other coffee shops, never that one again. A "professional" behavior would have been for an owner to "take it outside" or elsewhere, not in front of her customers, and not to falsely blame in the first place. I am not impressed by poor judgment, lies and lack of character.

what an awful to way to end the beautiful birthday memorial.

it sounds like cherie was unnerved by a few nasty calls which i believe came from
brad's friends (especially the embittered guy he hangs out), run-of-the-mill crotchedy cranks or competitors of the JJ.

who would bash a memorial of a young murdered mother???!!!

there is no excuse for cherie to take it out on NCN. none.
it doesn't matter who knew nancy and who didn't --- it isn't a contest for God's sake! the woman was murdered!

people are trying to help.

the media coverage helps keep nancy's case before the public. the police don't have all the answers. they are still putting the pieces of the puzzle of her murder together.

TopsailGirl is a tenacious champion for both michelle young and nancy cooper.
her efforts and results in organizing media turnouts for these two women are phenomenal.

thank heavens that the media turned out to tell nancy cooper's story.
someone may have been finally moved to contact the CPD after seeing the segment on TV.

do not have any regrets, any of you.
it was a lovely thing to do. NCN was very generous to spend her time and money creating such a beautiful tribute.

i was going to write, there shouldn't be any "you should have done this or that"
but then my sentence made me laugh because i had a shouldn't in there.

and i really would like to say that cherie
should have a backbone and face down bullies, not become one.

you all participated in a wonderful celebration for nancy and I'm sure her family appreciated it --- feel pride not regret.

I think that Amanda Lamb's WRAL TV's Thursday 5 PM piece about murdered mothers was especially nice to be shown three days after Nancy's memorial. Like Saint said, the attention to community awareness of these murders happening in our areas is a good thing. While spurring awareness, the TV media also reaches those who would otherwise not see/hear the stories. Newspaper media is falling behind to the rapid availability of the Internet's almost instant notification. One never knows what little piece of information gleaned from a viewing audience may add to the puzzle of a murder.

Technological advances are the reasons we are here on Websleuths. The Internet! Television has become intertwined with the Internet so that info can be more up to the minute. Just look at the techno development of doppler radar. The TV media folks can let us know about a tornado, where it is and alert the public in minutes, rather than tell about the effects of a touch-down, when it is too late.

If not for the Internet/WS, we would not have had our memorial for Nancy like we did. Perhaps we will all gather at the Harris Teeter coffee shop when an arrest is made. (Although I won't be decorating anything!! I have a bad taste left in my mouth from some BITTER COFFEE that may as well have been thrown in my face by the owner. It's HTeeter for me. I'll be there when the arrest is made, even if no one else shows up):blowkiss:.

I think that Amanda Lamb's WRAL TV's Thursday 5 PM piece about murdered mothers was especially nice to be shown three days after Nancy's memorial. Like Saint said, the attention to community awareness of these murders happening in our areas is a good thing. While spurring awareness, the TV media also reaches those who would otherwise not see/hear the stories. Newspaper media is falling behind to the rapid availability of the Internet's almost instant notification. One never knows what little piece of information gleaned from a viewing audience may add to the puzzle of a murder.

Technological advances are the reasons we are here on Websleuths. The Internet! Television has become intertwined with the Internet so that info can be more up to the minute. Just look at the techno development of doppler radar. The TV media folks can let us know about a tornado, where it is and alert the public in minutes, rather than tell about the effects of a touch-down, when it is too late.

If not for the Internet/WS, we would not have had our memorial for Nancy like we did. Perhaps we will all gather at the Harris Teeter coffee shop when an arrest is made. (Although I won't be decorating anything!! I have a bad taste left in my mouth from some BITTER COFFEE that may as well have been thrown in my face by the owner. HTeeter. I'll be there when the arrest is made, even if no one else shows up):blowkiss:.

I'll be there and I won't be decorating either - but I WILL be doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!! I'll meet ya' there. :)

Yay, Topsail Girl! I think that our presence, our coffee guzzling and having conversation among us is the best way to go. I noticed your photo as your avatar. You've "outed" yourself now! (Just kidding.) I knew who you were. I still would not recognize you if you walked up to me on the street. On a Mac laptop, you are very tiny.

Yay, Topsail Girl! I think that our presence, our coffee guzzling and having conversation among us is the best way to go. I noticed your photo as your avatar. You've "outed" yourself now! (Just kidding.) I knew who you were. I still would not recognize you if you walked up to me on the street. On a Mac laptop, you are very tiny.

I know, I contemplated putting that avatar up but I love that picture of Linda so much!! We had such an emotional day at the Lady Bug Liftoff and Linda laughed and had a good time along with the tears. She was happy in that pic and that's how I want to always remember her.

I look at it like this - I've done enough interviews and enough work with Michelle's family and my group that Jason knows what I look like for sure!! I ain't scared of him - even though I probably should be!!! :crazy:

Topsail, I love that pic of you with Linda! You are adorable with your ladybug costume. :grin:

Thanks SG- I'll PM you a pic that will make you think twice about that comment. LOL

I forgot to mention this. When I got home with the helium filled balloons, I didn't know what to do with them, so I let the air out of the two round ones. Then I took the huge heart-shaped one with the 3-D stars out to the deck to let it go up to the sky. I felt like a kid and it was really fun. The balloon went up above the trees, straight up and northwest, in the direction of Nancy's home. :balloons: :sunshine:

I forgot to mention this. When I got home with the helium filled balloons, I didn't know what to do with them, so I let the air out of the two round ones. Then I took the huge heart-shaped one with the 3-D stars out to the deck to let it go up to the sky. I felt like a kid and it was really fun. The balloon went up above the trees, straight up and northwest, in the direction of Nancy's home. :balloons: :sunshine:

:cool: Very cool NCN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member