Bosma Murder Trial 02.01.16 - Day 1, Opening Statements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s16 seconds ago
Sharlene being shown map of her Ancaster neighbourhood. #Bosma "It's a fairly long country driveway," she says.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 22s22 seconds ago
Crown prosecutor Anthony Leitch has Sharlene #Bosma pinpoint on a map where their property was. 1.2 acres.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 11s11 seconds ago
#Bosma estimates they could fit 8 vehicles on their driveway. Public gallery laughs as she asks "are we talking cars or pickup trucks?"

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9s9 seconds ago
Leitch: "How far back from the road is the house?" Sharlene: "That's a Tim question."

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 18s18 seconds ago
Leitch getting into more details about precise location, layout and size of the #Bosma home in Ancaster. Setting parameters to use later.

We still don't know who drove DM and MS to the Bosma house, or how they got there, right?

Guess we may know soon, although it seems like it would have been mentioned in opening if it was a girlfriend.

Maybe they are discussing the Bosma land geography to explain part of it (like ... they parked down the road or something?).

Those who cried out that DM was innocent said it all boiled down to the "Ambition" tattoo...interesting to learn instead that the very next day after the crime an employee saw and photographed the stolen vehicle in the hangar and contacted LE. LE would have been watching DM immediately...remember when they reported that they had 15 wiretaps and production orders around the time that they found TB's cell? LE would have set all that up based on the employee's info. They would have been all over DM well before he was arrested.

Also it was somewhat clarified that it was DM's phone used to call.

We still don't know who drove DM and MS to the Bosma house, or how they got there, right?

Guess we may know soon, although it seems like it would have been mentioned in opening if it was a girlfriend.

Maybe they are discussing the Bosma land geography to explain part of it (like ... they parked down the road or something?).

My hunch all along had been that CN dropped them off...but...the Crown would have indicated that this morning AND I don't think she would be charged with only accessory after the fact.

If they did park down the road, does that mean Tim was killed between his house and them picking up their vehicle? If they told Tim their friend dropped them off and then went to Tim Horton's but then they stop to get a vehicle parked a short drive away.... Not to say he couldn't have done anything about it but it seems like some red flags would be raised. And DM or MS wouldn't leave one or the other alone in the truck with Tim still alive.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Talking about money at the time. It was tight, paycheque to paycheque. They built an apartment in the basement to take on a tenant. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Sharlene and Tim had a border at the house, Wayne DeBoer.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 17s18 seconds ago
Sharlene #Bosma describes her late husband as "exceptionally skinny. About 6', 160 lbs "on a good day...For a skinny guy quite strong."

Jacques Gallant ‏@JacquesGallant 26s27 seconds ago
Tim was "exceptionally skinny," Sharlene says. "Very wiry." "On a good day I think he was maybe 165-170 pounds."

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Bosmas were trying to get pregnant again when Tim was killed #TimBosma #HamOnt
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 6m6 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma: we planned to buy land near Brantford, build dream home, so I could stay home with the children #TimBosma #HamOnt
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 13m13 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma, smiles, laughs as she shares memories of her husband, the home they built, the family they wanted to grow #TimBosma #HamOnt
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 13s13 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma breaks down on stand, describing Tim as a wonderful father #TimOnt #HamOnt
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 41s41 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma: He was very strong in character, a strong personality, patience of a saint. Because he was married to me #TimBosma #HamOnt
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma: Tim had used his new phone to take photos of their truck, and trailer as they were trying to sell both. Truck was on Kijiji
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma: We would talk multiple times a day #TimBosma #HamOnt
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma: We lived paycheque to paycheque, payments were always made #TimBosma #HamOnt
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 17s18 seconds ago
Sharlene #Bosma describes her late husband as "exceptionally skinny. About 6', 160 lbs "on a good day...For a skinny guy quite strong."

Jacques Gallant ‏@JacquesGallant 26s27 seconds ago
Tim was "exceptionally skinny," Sharlene says. "Very wiry." "On a good day I think he was maybe 165-170 pounds."

I can't help but wonder if DM and MS were looking for a smaller built man, someone they could take power over. Maybe that is why they passed up on the others, maybe they were of bigger build.

Feb 1 2016 2:34 PM Crown asks about Tim as a person. “He was very strong in character," she answered, starting to break down and cry. "He had a very strong personality and the patience of a saint – because he was married to me.”

(Adam Carter CBC Liveblog)

I can't help but wonder if DM and MS were looking for a smaller built man, someone they could take power over. Maybe that is why they passed up on the others, maybe they were of bigger build.

We know for a fact they met at least one big guy but seemed to decide not to try anything with him. (I don't have sources on hand, but longtime members will recall the guy I'm talking about, the one who actually saw the Ambition tattoo.)

Part of me wouldn't be surprised, because I've seen some 'commenters' on other news sites begin to suggest that he must be crazy to kill his own parent, but wouldn't a legal maneuver like that (insanity) have been started much sooner?

It isn't insanity, it is 'not criminally responsible' (NCR) and yes, the defense lawyer(s) would have had to bring it up. I missed the judge's statements to the jury: was it mentioned at all? From what I can tell, DM isn't like textbook crazy, he's just a sick @#%&.

I feel for Sharlene Bosma right now. Sounds like she is doing great. Strong woman.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 18s18 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma says their only problem was the truck. It kept breaking down, and was costing them a fortune #TimBosma #HamOnt
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 57s57 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma says the couple was in a good place when Tim disappeared. They had a plan. #TimBosma #HamOnt
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Crown asks: Did he gamble? Sharlene: Just poker night with the boys. Do drugs? Sharlene: No. Alcohol? Sharlene: He liked his beer. #TimBosma

Could be. Perhaps he didn't think, at the time, that DM was involved. He probably thought it was another employee who was using the hangar to hide the truck. Ooops...guess what, it was the boss man who was hiding it. ;)

It appears as though DM felt that this person was close enough to him to be willing to change his testimony? So he must have thought this person would not have turned in the evidence if he'd known who hid the truck? So who would disregard the email and go to the hangar anyway, Airport politics or not? Hmmm.....

Glad whomever it is, is doing the right thing and testifying.

MOO

SS perhaps?

Do you think she is responding with "That's a Tim question" to drive home the point that a huge hole exists in her life? It's working, for me.

Maybe he truly has psychological problems. Who could grin through this entire first day?

IMO, there's a difference between a smile and a grin. He probably thinks by smiling, he will win the hearts of those in the courtroom. I don't think that's going to work real well for him with a jury.

Just got home and reading thru Twitter...Imo it breaks my heart listening to Sharlene on the stand...twitter...@susanclairmont Since the accused hav separate counsel, do both defence teams get 2 cross-examine witness, or have 2 work together? #Rules?

Crown shows Sharlene Bosma interiors of Tim's truck, close shots of keys. Sharlene identifies them as her husband's #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 20s20 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
When asked to describe specifics about her husband's truck, Sharlene says 'that's a Tim question.' Second time she's said that on the stand.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 29s29 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma cries as she describes photo of her husband shown in court, from his missing persons poster

the above twitter is from Susan Clairmont,...IMO excellent question...guess we will here when Crown is finished ..robynhood

IMO, there's a difference between a smile and a grin. He probably thinks by smiling, he will win the hearts of those in the courtroom. I don't think that's going to work real well for him with a jury.

Lots of grins today, apparently:

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 5h5 hours ago
Millard has a grin on his face. He continues to ask questions to his lawyers before the judge and jury arrive. @CHCHNews #TimBosma

Mark CarcasoleVerified account ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 4h4 hours ago
As jury is out in charge of trial by registrar, #Millard & #Smich both look at them. Millard has a slight grin at times. #HamOnt

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3h3 hours ago
After Dellen #Millard grins into galley of reporters, @susanclairmont asks, does he expect us to smile back? #TimBosma

Sam PazzanoVerified account ‏@SamPazzano 5h5 hours ago
Dellen Millard grins at someone as he takes his seat in prisoner's box, facing 1st degree murder charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93