Brad plays 'I Spy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're very welcome.

Today's a good day for sure! Esp. with OJ sentenced (FINALLY).

You're very welcome.

Today's a good day for sure! Esp. with OJ sentenced (FINALLY).

Hey SG - to the jailed one's list of lies - and this is now a confirmed lie, one can add that per this warrant the jailed one was reading Nancy's email at 10:13 pm on July 11 - while in his deposition he claims he was sound asleep with the girls by 9 pm.

LIAR -not an inconsistency - a flat out lie.

poor pitiful OJ - he didn't know he was doing anything wrong. not only is he arrogant - he is dumber than a door knob to lay that bs on a judge.

Hey SG - to the jailed one's list of lies - and this is now a confirmed lie, one can add that per this warrant the jailed one was reading Nancy's email at 10:13 pm on July 11 - while in his deposition he claims he was sound asleep with the girls by 9 pm.

LIAR -not an inconsistency - a flat out lie.

Isn't that interesting? While Nancy is back at the party across the street, Brad is on his laptop, reading Nancy's private emails.

Isn't that interesting? While Nancy is back at the party across the street, Brad is on his laptop, reading Nancy's private emails.

Even more interesting that he had been reading her private emails as of April 2008. What a pestilence, being kind.

Stewing, getting more and more angry by the minute.

Based on the aggressive nature of Alice Stubbs, and Nancy's new found courage / ability to stand up for herself, I can only imagine the tenor of those emails......

That might have been the final 'trigger.' We were thinking it was Nancy correcting him at the BBQ (for not being able to understand what Katie wanted), but this has me rethinking that.

That might have been the final 'trigger.' We were thinking it was Nancy correcting him at the BBQ (for not being able to understand what Katie wanted), but this has me rethinking that.

Could have been SG, could have been - we won't know until trial what those last emails were and from whom. Seems to me by this point in time, no matter what Nancy did, it was wrong in his view, to include breathing.

But the portrait of his ability and willingness to do this type of thing was described long before this warrant.

Yes it was. And here JWB was labeled by some as a "bitter ex with an axe to grind," and NC's friends as 'liars.'

Yes it was. And here JWB was labeled by some as a "bitter ex with an axe to grind," and NC's friends as 'liars.'

JWB nailed him right - even the Dr. agreed. It will be interesting to see what comes of the accusations about the phone - right now I think it is more likely than not that he was doing exactly as both JA and BA indicated he was doing. Bet he had every form of Nancy's communications covered actually.

I feel so sad when I learn of these things. Brad's ability to read NC's emails...sigh... poor Nancy didn't have the technical expertise to better protect her email/electronic communications. Her lawyer probably didn't realize what was possible either.

There are some key things to do to protect oneself from prying eyes, but then again, you'd have to know what you're dealing with.

Approximately a month ago on here, I put "out there" a rhetorical question with regard to Alice Stubbs and it was in reference to my curiosity about her feeling slightly guilty over the proposed agreement she drafted, knowing (via NC) BC would be livid. It seems the amount being sought was absolutely outrageous/unreasonable.

I also wonder if there were e-mails from NCs "flame" in Canada? If yes, BC would have been livid about it too; especially in light of NCs rage (understandable) over BCs "indiscression" with HM -- then he finds out she is pursuing a relationship behind his back (possibly).

I think this whole set-up was a very dangerous situation-NC's sister saw that clearly. I'm not sure NC got good advice-or maybe she did and just didn't realize how much danger she really was in, obviously. I guess if it was me in the situation, I'd probably think "Yeah, this will definitely anger him greatly, but he's certainly not going to KILL me." After all, he hadn't been a violent person before.
I also don't understand a lawyer emailing a client about such huge matters. Maybe NC wanted that, and it didn't occur to her that he could be reading them. I guess I'm a little upset with the judgement of the lawyer-actually surprised.

I agree, Piedmont. With a sneaky-*advertiser censored*/techie/estranged husband, the last thing Nancy should have been using for confidential correspondence was any computer in her own house (or any computer Brad had access to/control of), or any email address Brad knew.

She probably used the email address that was setup for her when they first established Internet service; even if she changed her password he still could install a key logger on all computers in their house and gain access to alter her settings. It's just so unfortunate that she continued to use the computers in her house, not realizing what he was doing (but having the sense that he was spying on her, which he was).

Had she setup a brand new email address, with a new password that was not something Brad could guess, and she only used that email account on external computers (like at the library or at a friend's house), Brad would not have been able to hack into her account and see her communications with her lawyer or anyone else.

A unique email addy should always be setup for exclusive use with one's lawyer and not given to anyone else and not accessed on any shared computer in an estranged household. Passwords should be unique and not shared between accounts and should never be something that anyone could guess.

I am in NO way blaming Nancy at all. She didn't know and the fault lies solely and completely on the jailed-one. But at the same time there are some lessons to be learned and ensuring one has confidential communication be it email, cell phone, texting, IMing is paramount, especially in an estranged/contentious marriage, separation, and divorce.

Approximately a month ago on here, I put "out there" a rhetorical question with regard to Alice Stubbs and it was in reference to my curiosity about her feeling slightly guilty over the proposed agreement she drafted, knowing (via NC) BC would be livid. It seems the amount being sought was absolutely outrageous/unreasonable.

I also wonder if there were e-mails from NCs "flame" in Canada? If yes, BC would have been livid about it too; especially in light of NCs rage (understandable) over BCs "indiscression" with HM -- then he finds out she is pursuing a relationship behind his back (possibly).

Why would Brad be "livid" over Nancy having a romantic interest other than himself? He already had plenty of that in his life. He knew the marriage was doomed. He was probably livid over what he READ in the emails that we don't know about, no matter to whom the emails were written, by Nancy.

I doubt Alice Stubbs is feeling guilty because of any emails she wrote to Nancy or because of the divorce draft with large amounts of money requested for Nancy and girls.

I think that more and more, with computer technology the way it is today, we see it change crime, how crimes are committed, how they are investigated, etc. Life morphs on. Killing someone with an axe and throwing it in the woods behind the house is too simple. Now, it's the cyber-murder scenario.

Brad would have been more livid over the divorce draft (it sought to take him to the cleaners and muss his image as well), and isn't the narcissist more concerned about mussing his hard-crafted image of himself? He didn't want divorce. It would show him in a low light, take his money and Nancy would be the winner: take all and run, in his eyes.

I feel so sad when I learn of these things. Brad's ability to read NC's emails...sigh... poor Nancy didn't have the technical expertise to better protect her email/electronic communications. Her lawyer probably didn't realize what was possible either.

There are some key things to do to protect oneself from prying eyes, but then again, you'd have to know what you're dealing with.

I disagree. I would hope that in today's technical world of computers that lawyers certainly know that is possible (for others to find a way into other people's computers). As well, most people know that what's out there in cyber space is for public knowledge. Alice Stubbs is no dummy in that regard.

As to "...poor Nancy... not having the ...techinical expertise to better protect her email/electronic communications...", she was no dummy in that regard either. When she met Brad she was working in the computer related field, or was in IT technology IIRC. I'd have to look back on that to keep from being lashed out at here, for incorrectly quoting info. (Do it yourself!:))

By Brad's computer spying, this will only serve to make others more aware of the realm of technology as related to computers and lack of privacy.

Better to be smart going in than a dummy going and coming. (I made that up. Laugh if you will. I can't think of the quote I need here!).

I agree, Piedmont. With a sneaky-*advertiser censored*/techie/estranged husband, the last thing Nancy should have been using for confidential correspondence was any computer in her own house (or any computer Brad had access to/control of), or any email address Brad knew.

She probably used the email address that was setup for her when they first established Internet service; even if she changed her password he still could install a key logger on all computers in their house and gain access to alter her settings. It's just so unfortunate that she continued to use the computers in her house, not realizing what he was doing (but having the sense that he was spying on her, which he was).

Had she setup a brand new email address, with a new password that was not something Brad could guess, and she only used that email account on external computers (like at the library or at a friend's house), Brad would not have been able to hack into her account and see her communications with her lawyer or anyone else.

A unique email addy should always be setup for exclusive use with one's lawyer and not given to anyone else and not accessed on any shared computer in an estranged household. Passwords should be unique and not shared between accounts and should never be something that anyone could guess.

I am in NO way blaming Nancy at all. She didn't know and the fault lies solely and completely on the jailed-one. But at the same time there are some lessons to be learned and ensuring one has confidential communication be it email, cell phone, texting, IMing is paramount, especially in an estranged/contentious marriage, separation, and divorce.

SG the "I Spy" warrant indicates that the jailed one began intercepting Nancy's emails in April, the date on the the separation agreement was 4/18/08 and from previous warrants we know that Nancy emailed this to the jailed one as well for his review. The over all feel I get from all that I have read is there was a minimum of real communication between these two.

I think it is unfair to place blame on anyone other than the one responsible, who now sits in jail. Statistics indicate for women in abusive relationships that the most dangerous time for them is when they are trying to leave the situation - I think Star can back that up. Based on that it seems to me that some issues should be addressed.

Perhaps the best approach is through lawyers who provide services for divorce and/or separation. Perhaps at the very beginning there should be a conversation between lawyer and client emphasizing this concept - the danger level will increase. There are too many case discussions on WS alone that point out this problem and it is not just in the Raleigh or NC area - check a media outlet just about anywhere and I'll venture there will be something similar being reported, sad to say.

G'morning RC!

I'm not placing blame on anyone EXCEPT the jailed-one, and hopefully I conveyed that thought in my original post.

As a techie myself I know what is possible, which is why his being able to snoop on Nancy frustrates me--because I also know how to prevent it, and the part of me that wishes I could *do something* wishes I could magically be transported back in time and help protect Nancy in that way.

It's the emotional reaction I'm having--learning what Brad boy was doing, even though it didn't surprise me in the least.

G'morning RC!

I'm not placing blame on anyone EXCEPT the jailed-one, and hopefully I conveyed that thought in my original post.

As a techie myself I know what is possible, which is why his being able to snoop on Nancy frustrates me--because I also know how to prevent it, and the part of me that wishes I could *do something* wishes I could magically be transported back in time and help protect Nancy in that way.

It's the emotional reaction I'm having--learning what Brad boy was doing, even though it didn't surprise me in the least.

Sorry SG - didn't mean to imply blame was being placed - not my intent. I understand what you are saying but as you point out, being a techie gives you an advantage. For me, the average bubba - these kinds of thoughts never enter my mind - someone intercepting my email i.e. especially not my spouse. For the average joe I doubt it would enter their mind either is all I'm trying to say. I'm not surprised to hear the jailed one was doing this and I suspect more will come out of a similar nature actually. I agree - emotionally it is disgusting and shows a certain depravity.

Nancy perhaps should have realized the potential given the jailed one is a techie and there was obvious concern about the telephone, and BC's past history - i.e. BC not being able to admit a closet adventure even though the rest of Cary seemed to know about it. We take a lot of things for granted daily. What is infinitly more disturbing to me is, having followed conversations here, the understanding of abuse and its manifestation seems to be lacking for some, too many IMO.

Good Morning back at you !

Sorry SG - didn't mean to imply blame was being placed - not my intent. I understand what you are saying but as you point out, being a techie gives you an advantage. For me, the average bubba - these kinds of thoughts never enter my mind - someone intercepting my email i.e. especially not my spouse. For the average joe I doubt it would enter their mind either is all I'm trying to say. I'm not surprised to hear the jailed one was doing this and I suspect more will come out of a similar nature actually. I agree - emotionally it is disgusting and shows a certain depravity.

Nancy perhaps should have realized the potential given the jailed one is a techie and there was obvious concern about the telephone, and BC's past history - i.e. BC not being able to admit a closet adventure even though the rest of Cary seemed to know about it. We take a lot of things for granted daily. What is infinitly more disturbing to me is, having followed conversations here, the understanding of abuse and its manifestation seems to be lacking for some, too many IMO.

Good Morning back at you !

As I understand NC was a techie too and just didn't consider this; or knew he would/could intercept and frankly didn't give a hoot - not considering/fathoming BCs reaction to it.

It did seem Alice Stubbs proposed $ amount per month was over the top and really unreasonable based on the deposition and BCs math in public over the amount per month - far exceeded his after tax income.

I believe we will hear BC testify he "inadvertently" (perhaps suggest NC left the computer logged in under her credentials) saw e-mail traffic between NC and, I believe his name is "Brett" from Canada. Clearly there was text traffic between the two. Believe one of the affidavits explained how JA saw a text on NCs phone from a man named "Brett" and really had an emotional reaction - perhaps thinking "Brett" was her husband. So, if there were text messages, there may very well be other forms of communication and "the interceptor" was lurking...

I also believe he will say she came home from the BBQ and he approached her with regard to his "accidental discovery" and challenged her. He may say she got physical with him and he restrained her and somehow it led to her death.

As I understand NC was a techie too and just didn't consider this; or knew he would/could intercept and frankly didn't give a hoot - not considering/fathoming BCs reaction to it.

It did seem Alice Stubbs proposed $ amount per month was over the top and really unreasonable based on the deposition and BCs math in public over the amount per month - far exceeded his after tax income.

I believe we will hear BC testify he "inadvertently" (perhaps suggest NC left the computer logged in under her credentials) saw e-mail traffic between NC and, I believe his name is "Brett" from Canada. Clearly there was text traffic between the two. Believe one of the affidavits explained how JA saw a text on NCs phone from a man named "Brett" and really had an emotional reaction - perhaps thinking "Brett" was her husband. So, if there were text messages, there may very well be other forms of communication and "the interceptor" was lurking...

I also believe he will say she came home from the BBQ and he approached her with regard to his "accidental discovery" and challenged her. He may say she got physical with him and he restrained her and somehow it led to her death.

His accidental discovery that lasted 3 months - inadvertantly - never gonna fly as a defense for his actions. Jurors will see it for what it is and that approach will only prove him to be more of an unbelievable liar than some of the more common lies he has created. For some reason I can see this happening however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxxTraxx