Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1309154010121.46636.1268728607&type=1&theater

Again, I felt I needed to go. There were not as many people there as I thought would be, but it was also raining. I saw Nancy with her new purple streaks in her hair, and Charlie, who now sports a strawberry blonde. They were laughing and talking with everyone. I got a few pics of the first band and her bike, and I hate that I couldn't stay any longer. Bikes were everywhere, it was impossible to park, and it was great!!! What a show for Mickey!

Chickenfried, I sure have missed you

I realize that I've missed you guys too, though I didn't realize it. For a month I literally blocked it all out of my mind. I almost missed the memorial. I didn't consciously do this - it just happened. Overload, I guess, The sense of purpose here in trying to help in a real way, turning over every stone, trying to find something - anything - that could help find Mickey - also introduced me to a community of caring people. I also learned how vulnerable women can feel. We men usually feel like we can sort of go, "GRRR!" and make our way through a situation. Websleuths has been such an eyeopener.

Does anyone know how mickeys friend Brettly is doing? Did any of you who went today see him/speak to him?
I have felt so sorry for him. He certainly is a good guy and a tru friend to Mickey.

Does anyone know how mickeys friend Brettly is doing? Did any of you who went today see him/speak to him?
I have felt so sorry for him. He certainly is a good guy and a tru friend to Mickey.

BBM: Wow---very good question. I hadn't thought about him for a while. Hope he is handling things ok.....has to be tough for the poor guy.

I saw him today and he looked easygoing and great. He was talking with a small group and seemed very upbeat.

I saw him. He seemed OK.... he was with several of Mickey's friends and they were all hanging out and supporting each other.

Actually, when the bike ride got to Ryan St. (I think that's where we were), I forgot to add, Brettly stood up in the back of a pickup and made a little speech in front of the "ghost bike." A pity they didn't have a bullhorn,,, no one could hear him back where I was.

He's very slender - actually more slender than he looks in photos. His bike riding keeps him trim!

ETA: The only phrase I caught was something like "BIKE WITHOUT FEAR!"

Chicken Fried, so good to hear your voice, or your typed words as the case may be.

I understand that things will never be the same for Mickey's family, friends and community, but I truly believe in these posts concerning the recent event, I am hearing some healing. My thoughts and prayers will be with all at all times.

I'm turning in .... long day. I hope a few more folks who went will add their thoughts

:eek:fftobed::tyou:

Brettly was my best friend in high school.
Oddly enough, I saw him numerous times today, but he didn't see me.
I didn't approach him, though I wanted too.

Honestly, I had no idea what to say.
I wanted to tell him how sorry I was, which I had done over texts throughout the months.
At the same time, it was a day to honor Mickey, not bring up apologies for her being taken by a monster.

I think I knew that in my heart, and that's why I didn't approach him.
I saw his smile, and didn't want to risk wiping it away, bringing up the negative of Mickey's death which it's hard for me to think of any positives, really.

I think Brettly knows everyone he's friends with, and those who have never even met him, still care for him.
I miss him, but I wasn't going to ruin a celebration of today by risking possibly bringing up something negative.

I wish Brettly the best...

Good to see ya, Chicken Fried and txlams. Thanks for giving us the rundown. :seeya:

I was thinking about the memorial all day today. I'm glad it went off okay in spite of the rain. Wish I could have been there. Did anyone see HouDat?

BBM: Wow---very good question. I hadn't thought about him for a while. Hope he is handling things ok.....has to be tough for the poor guy.

I had gone shopping a couple weeks ago and he waited on me. I did ask him how he was doing and he said he was good. I told him how sorry I was about losing Mickey and how hard it must be. He said you just have to get past it and he smiled. What strength and class her friends and family have shown! Just another example of the beautiful young lady was that smile and those eyes. Still just breaks my heart.

BS Lavergne....dejavu...
The following documentary of a stranger sexual predator/serial killer, is very thought provoking and reveals the devastating consequences when the antiquated silence strategy is used in missing/murdered investigations, due to perceived hypothesis, statistics, & jurisdictional linkage blindness. In the end good triumphed over evil due to parents trusting their instincts and a twist of devine intervention, imo...

NC Trucker sexual predator/serial killer Adam Leroy Lane...Hunting Humans

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJXg5EXPvfs"]Adam Leroy Lane...Hunting Humans - YouTube[/ame]

I'm turning in .... long day. I hope a few more folks who went will add their thoughts

:eek:fftobed::tyou:

Glad you and others attended, chicken fried. Can't wait to see some photos and hear other's heartfelt thoughts...

Americas culture of gun violence strikes again with yet another innocent life lost.

Any chance the USA will evolve into the 21st century or will they remain stuck in the 1700's and keep hanging on to their ridiculous 'constitution'?

RIP Mickey

Speaking just for myself, I'm going to hang on to the right to own and bear arms with all my strength. And our constitution is not ridiculous, either.

It was nice to see a couple WS folks at the memorial - Nadine was taking some video, and also IMPondering was there with his wife. Didn't see HouDat or crimsonclover or oceanmetthesky. I wonder how many other folks attended?

It was nice to put faces to screennames. IMPondering's wife probably spoke for many when she described how at first she couldn't understand what he was doing - being on the computer all the time - but then once she got to know Mickey's story better, how she also felt so moved by her spirit. I am sure this experience was shared by many posters here who were affected so much. It's still amazing, said for the thousandth time, how people were drawn from all walks of life to care about, and try to help bring her home. As I said last night, it gives one hope for humanity.

Never underestimate the power of a few individuals with like minds ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nunyabiznazz