Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Gosh sakes, it isn't like LE is going to go to this guy's house, haul him out in handcuffs, and take him into custody!! Come on, people!! Let's be realistic here!!

LE will look at the site, take into consideration if there is any possible connection to the victims, then they will run checks on the person...quietly without disturbing him or his family in any way. They might drive by his house. They might inquire about his job in a covert way. They might even talk to a neighbor. They won't be approaching him unless they find there is a reason to do so.

Do you honestly believe that every call they get from people that they will go pick em up and haul them in for DNA testing?! No freaking way!!! Get real!!

do you also think that LE will do anything at all about a tip called in about some guy on MySpace who kind of fits the description (as do about a thousand other guys)...really???

What if this guy is someone that is in the area only once month, So far the attacks have all been around the middle of the month and then don't occur again until the next month. Maybe if he was leaving the area after the attack then he doesn't worry about being seen afterwards. The vehicle that he used could have been borrowed from a friend.

Someone who travels there on business....have rental companies been checked out during the time of Brianna's disappearance?

When Dimples did the search it was pretty specific and I don't think she got a thousand posibilities back. Smart LE don't go and haul people in anymore. If anything they'll get his DNA off of something and test it without him even knowing it's been done.

Typing in caps is shouting...hehehehehe

LOL. Well....it's actually really large bold letters, not caps. And I actually just copied and pasted from Brianna's website. But I knew someone would say something and you took the bait. :crazy:

do you also think that LE will do anything at all about a tip called in about some guy on MySpace who kind of fits the description (as do about a thousand other guys)...really??

yes I do...they need all the help they can get. Hopefully calling the Polly Klauss foundation can gain them the legwork they need. Remember, Polly was taken from her bedroom while her mother was sleeping in the next room and she was found raped and murdered later on. They were able to get that particular perp, so all leads are worth their weight in gold. IMO

When Dimples did the search it was pretty specific and I don't think she got a thousand posibilities back. Smart LE don't go and haul people in anymore. If anything they'll get his DNA off of something and test it without him even knowing it's been done.
They could do that, too!! All this talk about how awful we are for calling in this tip is ridiculous, imo! :mad:

They could do that, too!! All this talk about how awful we are for calling in this tip is ridiculous, imo! :mad:

I agree, I feel like we're in kindergarten and someone told the teacher on the person in charge of the glue and scissors... at the end of the day, who really cares?!? Let's move on already. If it leads to the arrest of this suspect then halleluyer, and if it doesn't then no harm no foul. Let's all put our clubs away and leave the poor dead horse alone.

I think LE was insinuating when they said, IIRC, that anyone reported could be quickly ruled in or out through DNA. In other words, if they don't match, they don't match and it won't go any further.

do you also think that LE will do anything at all about a tip called in about some guy on MySpace who kind of fits the description (as do about a thousand other guys)...really???
If they don't at least look at it...then they are being remiss in their investigation. It is their job to check out all leads.

They have a lead system set up in 3 categories:

#1-Hot tips about specific people from relatives or friends with specific information.

#2-Tips called in which are deemed to be suspicious either due to behavior or other factors.

#3-Everything else.

Even the third category warrants their consideration in a case where there is a life at stake and a proven threat to citizens.

I guess I can understand both sides on this myspace thing. Dad, I understand your concerns and why you feel that way. With that said, I wanted to remind everyone, that within an hour of Edwin Hall's arrest, at least 2 forums, including this one, had keyed in on his myspace, and there were not even any pictures of him released to media yet. And actually, IIRC, someone had already brought up his myspace before we knew his name or that he was at the police station, simply as a possible suspect.

Being that this man's myspace info and name were not released publicly on this forum, and also that he, himself, has chosen to PUBLICY display this information, I am not too worried about his privacy. Any person on this forum can look up the same information that dimples did. One of Dad's concerns is that "Possible" tips like this could bog down the local LE, and potentially tie them up with invalid info. But not turning in the tip could just as easily cause harm to the case, because he DOES fit the profile, at least the publicly known profile.

Having posted my oppinions, I am up in the air about it still.

What is IIRC? I have been here for years and have only seen this recently,but all the time lately!

I agree 100% with SS - concerns about calling in a tip are ridiculous. LE ASKED people to be on the lookout for people who LOOKED like the description, and to call in any tip; no matter how insignificant it might seem. They did this because they have OTHER information that we don't have. They will probably be able to take a look at that Myspace site, click a few times on their computer with some other databases they have access to, and either focus more closely, or move on. He either is, or he isn't the guy (most likely isn't). If he IS the guy.....he will have been identified hopefully in time to rescue Bri (always hopeful) and to prevent the next adbuction. If he ISN'T the guy......then nothing; nada; zilch happens to him. He put his information on the internet, not in a sealed envelope stashed in a safe deposit box somewhere. IT IS PUBLIC INFORMATION!!!!! :crazy:

I just think it's somewhat naive to think LE are going to go to extreme lengths (as your example of getting his DNA somehow) from a tip about someone on a website with no solid connection to this case. But I could be wrong.

I would rather see Tim Miller and his search team come into the area and look for her...they are so good and have had alot of success in the past.

That would be 100% illegal and would completely compromise the case. In order to get a DNA sample, they have to ask the person for it and if the person denies it, they can get a warrant. They would have to have something a lot more concrete than a Myspace page to get the warrant....

Really I am not being snarky, but it is one thing to toss ideas out there and use the information that is available to the public to come up with ideas, but I think that people tend to not give investigators enough credit. To my knowledge there is not one person here that is in Law Enforcement and I don't think that anything that has been brought up here is anything earth shattering. The FBI is involved so I am completely comfortable that even if the media is not getting specific information or it seems like the police are not moving fast enough, I can bet that they have at the least an idea of who the perp might be. I know that there is a missing person involved and it is human nature to say that time is critical and the public needs any and all info, however there is a lot of info that they will hold back.

I am also confident that maybe not this site in particular, but message boards that have discussions about cases are visited by LE.... So as far as the Myspace guy, they might be taking a look at him right now. I agree that they would be doing it extremely low key until they had a reason to clue him in that he was being looked at.

Dontpanic~ You are %100 incorrect that it is illegal and that LE doesn't use this tactic a lot. If they have a stake out of the perp in a controlled situation such as a mall and they watch him put his paper cup into the trash...they can immediately seize the cup properly and the chain of command is not broken. They don't need his permission to obtain a DNA sample in this way. Once people discard an item in the trash...it is up for grabs including in your trash can on the curb. (Or I have watched WAY too much television! LOL)

Dontpanic~ You are %100 incorrect that it is illegal and that LE doesn't use this tactic a lot. If they have a stake out of the perp in a controlled situation such as a mall and they watch him put his papercup into the trash...they can immediately seize the cup properly and the chain of command is not broken. They don't need his permission to obtain a DNA sample in this way. Once people discard an item in the trash...it is up for grabs including in your trash can on the curb.

It still requires a warrant establishing probable cause. In this case it would most likely be easy for investigators to get the warrant if they have something to show the judge, but they are not able to go around grabbing DNA even from trash unless it is established by a judge that there is a reason for it.

Hey, just saw this, don't know if anyone else did..

Reno police now believe four incidents targeting young women near UNR are connected.

On November 13, a man tried to kidnap a woman walking near the school early in the morning. 33 days later, on December 16, he kidnapped and raped another student before taking her back to her home. 34 days later, on January 19, the same man is believed to have broken into the home of his victim, but she had left the area. The very next day, police say the same man broke into the home where 19-year-old Brianna Denison was sleeping and kidnapped her.

The rest can be read here:http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7781239&nav=menu113_1_2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060