British detectives fly to Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen that, I saw that they said they did not have the funds to follow both sightings since they relied on private funding not police. But they said nothing about the e.fits. could you post the link please.

Extract from original Times article 27 October 2013

The McCann fund source said the Oakley report was passed on to new private investigators after the contract ended, but that the firm’s work was considered “contaminated” by the financial dispute.

He said the fund wanted to continue to pursue information about the man seen by Tanner, and it would have been too expensive to investigate both sightings in full — so the Smith E-Fits were not publicised. It was also considered necessary to threaten legal action against the authors.

Don't you think thats a bit misleading seeing as the article is based on the Sunday times article and the Sunday times clarified that the e.fit had not been suppressed.

Sunday Times clarification said nothing of the sort....just said the mccanns alledgedly eventually passed on the efit to the police, fact remains they suppressed it from the public, you know, no stone unturned!

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/comment/regulars/corrections/article1357081.ece

:truce:
Clutchbags post is incorrect and the times stated the mccanns had not suppressed them. Handing over the e.fits to scotland yard, yeah highly suspicious, just what people who wanted to keep information hidden would do hand it over to the police investigating the case.

Scotland yard who took over in 2011 to review all the info asked the private detectives for this report and were told they couldn't have it unless mccanns gave their permission, because they had been threatened with legal action, so hardly the mccanns handing it over!! Pdq LOL

And the Mccanns say they gave it to British and Portuguese police at the original time by October 09, you know, about a year after the efits were made, such a sense of urgency!!!! You know, an efit made by a family who actually saw a blonde four yr old on the night....seems that stone wasn't unturned!!

The bang head is rude. No, it's a response to your incorrect statements! Eg. Gerry said in the SAME statement that he entered through the front and patio doors LOL

There was confusion over which was front and back door on the part of the pj. In one statement they even have a reference to the mccanns using a side door!

No there wasnt, a side door is obviously NOT the front door and I think Portuguese people know Portuguese apartments ok

Gerry mccann referred to using the patio door in his first statement. he did but not that he did himself as you asserted in your previous post

Of course there was paraphrasing, look at the unnatural speech pattens. Its not a word for word exact transcript of gerry mccanns own words. Its an amateur translation of the PJs wording of the interpretors wording of what she thought gerry said. there was no PJ paraphrasing, again, and unless yu can come up with better translations who are you to say they are amateur, you protest so very much, it's unbelievable

The pj and Scotland yard don't seem to care about what the online statement sayS ...OH! LOL now you can read police minds ok then

Once upon a time there were "3 Arguidos".

Now there is 3 burglars.

2 van drivers

unknown gypsies/cleaners and dont forget the one individual hovering over another childs cot.

Then of course Murat, Hewlett, Posh Spice, Pimpleman, Creepyman, Bundleman and Euclides.

All given equal airplay by the media, all being later proven FALSE.

The only efit we havent seen where the ones held back by the Mccanns. Supressed, sat on, withheld, whatever.

Does this make sense? Anyone? Why hold back the efits that SY have now stated are the only accurate ones?

Why? This should be breaking news not garble about cot hoverers.

Luckily the high profile professionals are working on the case now to make the distinction on who out of these media crazed 'suspects' has taken Madeleine.

Let's hope they find the abductors.

Luckily the high profile professionals are working on the case now to make the distinction on who out of these media crazed 'suspects' has taken Madeleine.

Let's hope they find the abductors.

Lol....what abductors?

There never were any. Just a bunch of spin.

:moo:

You cant even fit abduction into the timeline!!! No one can! Gerry, Oldfield, Tanner and Kate herself were all milling around the apartment when the "abductor" was supposed to be there!

I don't think anything about this case is lol worthy. I am also glad that the ones now in charge are leaving no stone unturned. You can lol all you want, but if it was my child I would want all leads checked out, regardless of how silly they may seem to some. Gypsies, whites, Jews, Asians you name it are capable of kidnapping. Claiming gypsies dont kidnap kids is ridiculous.

I don't think anything about this case is lol worthy. I am also glad that the ones now in charge are leaving no stone unturned. You can lol all you want, but if it was my child I would want all leads checked out, regardless of how silly they may seem to some. Gypsies, whites, Jews, Asians you name it are capable of kidnapping. Claiming gypsies dont kidnap kids is ridiculous.

But whites Jews and Asians aren't being blamed for Madeleine disappearance.... :dunno:

Even naming a racial group at all can be considered racist if its negative in inference.

I want the leads checked out too while were all opinion sharing.

For instance I want an adequate explanation for why the efit was held back by the McCann's.

A lot of people donated to the Fund which sourced the e-fit - the e-fit we now know to be The Perp. They would probably like to know why the best lead of all was ignored and buried too!

I want to know what or where maddie is just as much as the next person but here in this situation I really wish they would keep this stuff secret like I said I am as curious as the next person but if they keep letting everyone know who the suspects and maybe even where maddie is if the leaks keep up these poi's are just gonna hand her off to someone who will take her likely to a new country and all their work will be for nothing.

yet again we find british press lead every one in a merry dance . When will people learn that most of what is written in the tabloids is made up at best or vastly exaggerated

The fact that any LE are looking at all possible scenarios should be welcomed and not ridiculed -

I do laugh at the scenario that Gerry paid private detectives to get an efit done ( knowing that it was him anyway if you believe he was hiding Madeleine at about 10.00pm ) and then when the efit came back he would hand it to police hoping they wouldn't notice

Do you honestly think that the combined strength of both British LE and Portuguese LE would really be that stupid to be taken in ???

The main perp gets an efit done of himself and then hides it - or doesn't hide it but doesn't give it to the press ...... daft

yet again we find british press lead every one in a merry dance . When will people learn that most of what is written in the tabloids is made up at best or vastly exaggerated

The fact that any LE are looking at all possible scenarios should be welcomed and not ridiculed -

I do laugh at the scenario that Gerry paid private detectives to get an efit done ( knowing that it was him anyway if you believe he was hiding Madeleine at about 10.00pm ) and then when the efit came back he would hand it to police hoping they wouldn't notice

Do you honestly think that the combined strength of both British LE and Portuguese LE would really be that stupid to be taken in ???

The main perp gets an efit done of himself and then hides it - or doesn't hide it but doesn't give it to the press ...... daft

3 words...

John Mark Karr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/sep/23/ireland

More, this time one of their own.

How is finding out why the m's supressed the E-fits going to help solve this case? They are no longer considered suspects so again why would it matter? Time to move forward.

Its one heck of a lot more relevant than a 7 year old article about a big fat gypsy wedding going bad...:cow:

I must say, you seem remarkably uncurious about the discrepancies of that night. Don't you want to know why the stories changed? Why the e-fit, surely a "stone", was left decisively unturned? Why the much vaunted libel trial has been inexplicably delayed?

I do. I can't just say the parents are cleared, when the PJ report so plainly states, they weren't. I need answers which is why I come on WS.

I want to know what or where maddie is just as much as the next person but here in this situation I really wish they would keep this stuff secret like I said I am as curious as the next person but if they keep letting everyone know who the suspects and maybe even where maddie is if the leaks keep up these poi's are just gonna hand her off to someone who will take her likely to a new country and all their work will be for nothing.
Of course they are not warning suspects, it's all media drivel! Aided and abetted by PR paws.
Scotland Yard are not stupid!

The Smiths didn't get a good look, it was dark, and efits can be way off too so not a big deal

The point is the efit was suppressed (or use whatever word you want) for 5 years. The question remains as to why. Some claim the Smiths sighting was unreliable, other reports claim the McCanns would sue the private investigator if released.

Why was this particular efit kept from the public for 5 years when all the others were released ?

http://www.findmadeleine.com

Sunday Times clarification said nothing of the sort....just said the mccanns alledgedly eventually passed on the efit to the police, fact remains they suppressed it from the public, you know, no stone unturned!

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/comment/regulars/corrections/article1357081.ece

If we believe the Sunday Times, the efit was passed on in 2009 to LE. Madeleine went missing in 2007. And then 5 years later it was released to the public.

Why wasn't it released in 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member