Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANKS for this information. It's very sad and it obviously has nothing to do with Brooke's case. I appreciate your clearing this up so quickly. Maybe someone can even delete my post --- I'll try --- to not mix this young girl up in this case.
Yes, it is sad. Kids just do not realize that they can die in an instant. It happened to a few of my friends when I was a teenager.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080709/FRONTPAGE/807090305

snip/
In an interview yesterday, Vermont Commissioner of the Department of Corrections Rob Hofmann said that while the judge who approved Jacques's early release indicated in her ruling that a probation officer supported the decision, internal documents show the department was opposed to letting Jacques off probation. Hofmann said the department is investigating the discrepancy.
"We're still trying to understand that," said Hofmann, who became commissioner in 2005. "We have indications in the case file that the department would not support the release, because of the violent nature of the offense.
"It is clear to me the department didn't support (Jacques's release)," Hofmann said
/snip

Sounds to me like the probation department and the judge were not on the same page. I hate to say this, but did someone get to the judge in this instance?

I don't know the chain of command, but is probations part of corrections? Because the PO wrote that Jacques was a "probation success story". Which is weird because the original PO said Jacques was the stuff of nightmares.

I should have read the sticky but I wrongly assumed that it was covering using minor's names. I'm confused how this board is going to "Crime Sleuth" this crime without considering the most compelling statements made by the most valuable witness. Although it is very effident that AR is a victim herself, I don't see how her statements and actions in this case can be ignored. Without them, there isn't much evidence to discuss. I do apologize if my opinions that she has not been truthful may imply to some that she is guilty of any crime.

There's no evidence JUVENILE 1 knew Brooke was going to be murdered. Spending time with her meant they didn't live together.

True, but there is substantial evdence that Juvenile 1 knew Brooke was going to be abducted and raped. I believe "spending time with her" was in the context of spending time with her AFTER the 'take down' was accomplished not just in the context of spending time with her in a normal way....unless I read it wrong.

I would say there is no evidence at this time that Juvenile 2 had any knowledge of the plot.

I know it's only my interpretation, but the fact that the PO referred to Jacques' "killing spot" makes me think it was a place he may have used more than once.

possible, but remains to be seen. If there were precdent for that comment's indicating prior use of that area for murders, we'd likely have known about it by now.

But interesting nonetheless- clearly he has preferred patterns. Grandfather's farm? What may have happened there earlier in his life? Do we know what this area was speficially used for, if anything? "Killing spot" could simply indicate a place where animals were slaughtered.

Just speculating off the top of my head.

I should have read the sticky but I wrongly assumed that it was covering using minor's names. I'm confused how this board is going to "Crime Sleuth" this crime without considering the most compelling statements made by the most valuable witness. Although it is very effident that AR is a victim herself, I don't see how her statements and actions in this case can be ignored. Without them, there isn't much evidence to discuss. I do apologize if my opinions that she has not been truthful may imply to some that she is guilty of any crime.

My interpretation is that its okay to discuss the facts as laid out in the affivadt without making any judgements about AR's complicity as a perpetrator...e.g. not accusing her of having committed any crimes...but I am new here so not really sure.

There's no evidence JUVENILE 1 knew Brooke was going to be murdered. Spending time with her meant they didn't live together.
I don't think so.
I'm pretty sure MJ was talking about AR getting in some "fun time" once they took Brooke down.

My understanding is that the moderators have asked people not to accuse of AR of any criminal complicity in Brooke's disappearance.

So I will just say, which I think is okay, that in my opinion she has not told the full truth in the affivadavit.
Let's see how many people we can have walk on eggshells until this forum is down to a select few. Geez... :rolleyes:

I also do not think that she has told the truth about her involvement. Does that mean that she is complicit in anything? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if she had lured more than one person to MJ.

From the affidavits and released emails, it is obvious that AR and MJ were devising lies to get Brooke into the house to set her up for the take down. When you agree to help an adult tie up and take down an unwilling participant, nothing good can result from that. I think that MJ intended to murder Brooke to keep her from talking. He made the mistake of letting his employee go years ago and went to prison for it. I don't think that he intended on making that mistake again.

I'm pretty sure MJ was talking about AR getting in some "fun time" once they took Brooke down.
Unless I am a total idiot, this is what he meant. I thought that AR responded that she didn't want to spend time with Brooke.

II'm confused how this board is going to "Crime Sleuth" this crime without considering the most compelling statements made by the most valuable witness.

There is a difference in "considering the most compelling statements made by the most valuable witnessess" and bashing victims, name calling, posting names that haven't been released by LE.

it is clear that they did not plan to kill her immediately, they specifically say that MJ was to get several hours with her, and that AR could also get time with her.

it is also clear that MJ knew brooke was not going to be released - EVER.

there was no intention of inducting her into a sexual training program, or sex ring. their intention is made clear in the limited emails the police have released - she is a threat, this "has to be done", she should suffer.

they planned her disappearance, framing someone else for it, they planned to rape and sexually torture her, this is all in MJ and AR's own words. there was no chance she could be let go after that, they knew this.

it is unmistakable that MJ knew he was going to have to kill brooke, and i would argue that it wasnt just an extremely likely outcome, but that it was his intention the whole time. i think just the evidence we know right now strongly supports that version of events.

possible, but remains to be seen. If there were precdent for that comment's indicating prior use of that area for murders, we'd likely have known about it by now.

But interesting nonetheless- clearly he has preferred patterns. Grandfather's farm? What may have happened there earlier in his life? Do we know what this area was speficially used for, if anything? "Killing spot" could simply indicate a place where animals were slaughtered.

Just speculating off the top of my head.

I trust L.E. is doing/has done a sweep of the area for other possible human graves?

Most of what we know happened to Brooke came from A.R in the affidavits. If that info can't be discussed, then we can't talk about Denises' statements in the affidavits, either, since those concerned A.R. So....is it that A.R. can't be discussed? Or, she can be discussed, just no opinions if she is guilty of anything?

There is a difference in "considering the most compelling statements made by the most valuable witnessess" and bashing victims, name calling, posting names that haven't been released by LE.

OK, I understand completely what you are saying, I think. So it is ok to discuss AR's involvement in this case??? The emails she wrote, etc...???

Most of what we know happened to Brooke came from A.R in the affidavits. If that info can't be discussed, then we can't talk about Denises' statements in the affidavits, either, since those concerned A.R. So....is it that A.R. can't be discussed? Or, she can be discussed, just no opinions if she is guilty of anything?

I went to read Denise's statement and it's all blacked out. Am I missing something? Not looking in the right place?

I went to read Denise's statement and it's all blacked out. Am I missing something? Not looking in the right place?

I think there are 2 versions of the affidavit. One heavily censored and one, not so much.

True, but there is substantial evdence that Juvenile 1 knew Brooke was going to be abducted and raped. I believe "spending time with her" was in the context of spending time with her AFTER the 'take down' was accomplished not just in the context of spending time with her in a normal way....unless I read it wrong.

I would say there is no evidence at this time that Juvenile 2 had any knowledge of the plot.

Exactly...!!

OK, I understand completely what you are saying, I think. So it is ok to discuss AR's involvement in this case??? The emails she wrote, etc...???

My understanding the problem from yesterday evolved from discussing a minor who was not named publicly by the media and in the affidavits. Although I'm always confused by protecting a vic when it's up in the air whether a vic is a vic or a perp. The media has reported that the feds have no plans to charge AR with a crime. Then reported that the feds declined to say whether AR faces any charges. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beauxhope34