Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Peepls

This is my post Numero Uno on here! :)

I am new to WS, but not new to Brooke's story.

Thanks for all the amazing links everyone has been posting throughout the unfolding of this saga!

I must say I was surprised to see that Denise was at Brooke's funeral too!
I wonder what the undertones were like, between family members.
That...and the fact that there were members of LE so visible, must have created a weird vibe?!
I feel so bad for Brooke's dad everytime I see him. He looks *broken*! :(

Anyway, I am glad that the FBI has gotten a new tip about the safe! Perhaps another piece in this jigsaw puzzle is about to be revealed.

Welcome to WS MoonFlwr...

Maybe the undertones weren't to bad between family members. They seem to be able to look the other way & overlook the rest of the families short comings.

Grandma stated she loved MJ / Denise went to her hubbies court hearing even tho he had sexually abused her daughter & killed her niece. Cassandra never bothered to call the cops when Brooke was missing / a friend had to report her missing / then Grandma talked to the cops, instead of her mom.

I know they have been thru he!! but they put the d into dysfunctional families.

KTaylorsc...
the blood is from when he slit her throat. After raping her himself, the torture of the machine..then he slit her throat

is there evidence now that this was the manner of death?

(i realize you are stating your opinion, but that is very specific and i wonder if i havent missed some new disclosure)

I recall....in the Jessie Davis case (not sure if you are familiar with that one), we were all waiting the longest time for the COD to be announced.
During that case, we were told that it can quite often take a long time.

I will try and remember the explanation I was given as to why it could take so long!

The reason the COD took so long in JD case was because her body was in such a total state of decomposition, & tox reports.

Maybe the undertones weren't to bad between family members. They seem to be able to look the other way & overlook the rest of the families short comings.

Grandma stated she loved MJ / Denise went to her hubbies court hearing even tho he had sexually abused her daughter & killed her niece. Cassandra never bothered to call the cops when Brooke was missing / a friend had to report her missing / then Grandma talked to the cops, instead of her mom.

Ahh, good point, cheko! I was seeing it from the point of view of a 'normal' family.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

The reason the COD took so long in JD case was because her body was in such a total state of decomposition, & tox reports.

Yes, I seemed to remember that! Thanks for the refresher! :)

So with Jessie, they'd have had tissue samples to work on after she was buried, right?

Ahh, good point, cheko! I was seeing it from the point of view of a 'normal' family.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

No normalcy from that family!!!!

I could go on & on but will be nice for a change!!! :eek:

I really think by the time the LEO was called Brooke's Mom had called everyone she knew and Brooke knew trying to find her. I think her Mom was hysterical by then, knowing MJ's background and the friend made the call and then Cassandra's Mom, who they lived with, spoke with the LEO because Cassandra was probably so upset by then.

I never heard that Lucinda, Cassandra's Mom was at the hearing for MJ..but if she was it may have been to make sure there was no bail and to support her other daughter Denise.

I really think they are a dysfunctional family..but how they proceeded after this makes some sense to me. The Grand mom Lucinda was probably trying to draw her daughters together..instead of apart..to get to the root of the problem..their husbands. Poor choices in husbands yes..but the surviving children need to be whole and know that the family supports them..a hard job in each heart when you consider this. And she realizes this was not the time for family feuds if they were to heal and get to the bottom of who killed Brooke, abused the children and sold their souls.

The blame lies solely on the perps..everyone else they used to gain their goal. They women may have been stupid..but they didn't do this ..the perps chose them because they knew they could con them. Many people are conned everyday..we all hope we are smarter then this..there were signs ignored, or even when exposed the perps had an answer for.. lets make sure each of us are now aware and never conned by these type of people.

Yes, I seemed to remember that! Thanks for the refresher! :)

So with Jessie, they'd have had tissue samples to work on after she was buried, right?

They had a very hard time with samples because her body was decomposed so severely ......they said it was close to skeleton.

the blame for AR's mother goes a little further than just being conned or stupid, she found child *advertiser censored* on a convicted sex offenders computer and did not report it to anyone.

this goes well beyond stupidity or denial.

I really think by the time the LEO was called Brooke's Mom had called everyone she knew and Brooke knew trying to find her. I think her Mom was hysterical by then, knowing MJ's background and the friend made the call and then Cassandra's Mom, who they lived with, spoke with the LEO because Cassandra was probably so upset by then.

I never heard that Lucinda, Cassandra's Mom was at the hearing for MJ..but if she was it may have been to make sure there was no bail and to support her other daughter Denise.

I really think they are a dysfunctional family..but how they proceeded after this makes some sense to me. The Grand mom Lucinda was probably trying to draw her daughters together..instead of apart..to get to the root of the problem..their husbands. Poor choices in husbands yes..but the surviving children need to be whole and know that the family supports them..a hard job in each heart when you consider this. And she realizes this was not the time for family feuds if they were to heal and get to the bottom of who killed Brooke, abused the children and sold their souls.

The blame lies solely on the perps..everyone else they used to gain their goal. They women may have been stupid..but they didn't do this ..the perps chose them because they knew they could con them. Many people are conned everyday..we all hope we are smarter then this..there were signs ignored, or even when exposed the perps had an answer for.. lets make sure each of us are now aware and never conned by these type of people.

I agree.

the blame for ar's mother goes a little further than just being conned or stupid, she found child *advertiser censored* on a convicted sex offenders computer and did not report it to anyone.

This goes well beyond stupidity or denial.

amen.

the blame for AR's mother goes a little further than just being conned or stupid, she found child *advertiser censored* on a convicted sex offenders computer and did not report it to anyone.

Absolutely.

I agree - eloquently said.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, and we don't know when AR's mother found the *advertiser censored*, etc. There is a possibility - albeit slim - (and I can't understand why when she found it she didn't either immediately leave or kick MJ out of the house) there is a possibility that she just recently found it and was going to try counseling with AR before doing anything else...we just don't know as of yet. IMO.

(i realize you are stating your opinion, but that is very specific and i wonder if i havent missed some new disclosure)

I'd like to know that too. :eek:

I'm trying to keep an open mind, and we don't know when AR's mother found the *advertiser censored*, etc. There is a possibility - albeit slim - (and I can't understand why when she found it she didn't either immediately leave or kick MJ out of the house) there is a possibility that she just recently found it and was going to try counseling with AR before doing anything else...we just don't know as of yet. IMO.

That's what I am hoping too, Chica. I like to think she went to the hearing so that she could hear the charges for herself and remained informed. I would love to hear from her, her reaction to all of this. I'm sure now that the funeral is over, there will be many reporters trying to get their story.

Denise could have thought as long as he was watching he wouldn't be molesting. Some posters believe that not everyone that watches child *advertiser censored* is molesting children. I do not agree with the decsions that these women made. I am amazed in this day and age women would make those choices but women all over the world make these same choices everyday. I am certain that neither woman thought he would kill Brooke.

DD,

As far as I know Lucinda wasn't at the hearing for MJ. I said Denise was!

When it comes to Cassandra she knew her sister was married to a RSO. She willingly let her daughter spend the night in the home where he lived. She had to of known Brooke never had her cell phone with her / red flags. I'd never let one of my kids or Grandkids consider such a thing. My daughter is so strict with her kids its unreal. She works for the BCA in the sex offender division. A young girl can be molested by an offender in a matter of minutes. Recently a little girl was at Wallmart & she was molested on a little Dora couch... guy never made it out of the store, yet it happened.

Denise was / is as ignorant as a person can be. She made the choice to marry a RSO bring him into her daughters & families lifes.The signs were there......finding a dildo / her daughter wrapped in a towel / KY jel isn't the norm for a 14 yr old to have just laying around the home. Then lets add the *advertiser censored* stuff its been stated she seen. She HAD to of known her RSO hubby wasn't to be around any young girls. But she turned her head & looked the other way.

Yes the kids were made to suffer by the moms poor choices in men. Poor poor Brooke paid a very high price for Denise over looking the facts she seen with her own eyes. Will AR ever be the same again? The sexual abuse that girl has had to endure for 5 yrs is / was totally uncalled for. The signs & warnings were there.

MJ & RG are where they belong. They should never see the light of day as long as they live. They both seen the opportunity presented to them. MJ should 'never' of been allowed to walk the streets a free man. When he got out of jail he was rewarded.....he got a wife / young girls to rape whenever he wanted / its all as sick as it sounds / he could lie / cheat & decided to murder figuring he was smarter then the average cop. No the women never commited the crime but they sure looked the other way.......

From MJ's emails under assumed names..to AR I think that he was afriad the con was up. He knew she had seen the *advertiser censored* and their must have been arguing in the home after that, he refers to "You know your Dad can't stand the fighting". I think she knew what was going on, didn't want to face it but was on the verge of leaving him due to all of this. He wanted to make it seem like it had something to do with AR's father ( the flirting notations), BUT IT REALLY HAD TO DO WITH HIM.

I think she was putting herself and her daughter in counseling to get to the root of this..MJ seemed very afraid of the counseling aspect. He knew it was about to blow wide open if AR didn't keep quiet..thus his reason for some of the emails to her about her Mom.

I think that this whole thing speeded up once he knew she was having second thoughts..he knew she had found too much on him at that point.

And lastly..he should have never been released from his parole..that wasn't Denise's fault..that was the State who did that...they even said he was fine to be a normal citizen again.

I really believe Denise was not at that hearing to support him..I think she just needed hear that he was not going to be granted bail. If I were in her shoes that is something I would want to know..I wouldn't want that perp coming home that night..I don't think she did either. I think she was there so if there was any question of releasing him on bail she would have stood up an objectied to that. I would have made sure I was in court to object to his release on bail. She had enough to deal with what was happening to her two daughters right then because of her poor decision to marry this man. SHE WAS STUPID, DUMB, IDIOTIC...YES..guilty of anything at this point other then that ..no.

You bring up a good point... None of us really know the time frame of the incidents with the "dry shower", KY, CP on the computer, the sex toy in AR's room, etc. I hope you're right, I hope all of this recently came out. But, I can't help but think that she had signs all along that something just wasn't right and didn't act on them until now. I truly want to believe the best in people, really I do. I just don't get how anyone would be with or marry a SO, especially a mother. I'm an overly protective Mom (so I'm told all the time), and I can't fathom being anything less than that, which makes it difficult to understand DJ's thinking or position. That's just my opinion.

(i realize you are stating your opinion, but that is very specific and i wonder if i haven't missed some new disclosure)

No..strictly my opinion..since the blood evidence on the hankie didn't lead back to MJ..he had to get that blood from some other part of her body he hadn't touched...and when he kidnapped the 18 year old he spoke of slitting her throat,( as he claimed he had done to a 12 year old, never proven) he did actually draw blood while holding the knife to the 18 year old's neck..that's what made me go in that direction.

It's very hypothetical and probably wrong..my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value