Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm right there with you, galvino. Being involved in education, I can attest that it is part of our health curriculum. I am ever vigilant to observe signs of abuse, but it's often an exercise in fultility when dealing with the "bureaucracy".

Amen! (a former teacher- due to the "red tape", which not only hindered, but which prevented teachers from helping students and keeping them safe...)

I agree. I'm a mandatory reporter. I have reported only to be told my report doesn't meet the criteria for an investigation. Like I called to report because I was lonely and needed to talk.
Feel your pain, Spazkat...but thanks for the chuckle.

:shocked2:
Denise is the wife of Michael Jacques, who was just charged with kidnapping Brooke and will soon be charged with her murder. MJ is Brooke's uncle and the man who along with Brooke's step-father, Ray Gagnon has been raping her cousin (his daughter) for the past 5 years or so. We do not know the identity of the 3rd man yet.

thanks ss.....it gets confusing....what a huge chunk of evil people!!!!

[/B]

Amen! (a former teacher- due to the "red tape", which not only hindered, but which prevented teachers from helping students and keeping them safe...)
It makes me so angry...and so sad.

Did Vermont ever pass Jessica's Law?
My very dearest Beyond Belief,:blowkiss:
The law was not passed here.
You would have thought that the law would have been passed right after the national news over this (this is when I first came on WS and had no clue how to quote things . Post 65 on there shows that lol, Sewingdeb taught me how to quote after that post. Wow memories of when I first started here....;

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34518http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34518&page=3

Here is a very short video clip, something should have been done long ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/playe...oints Memo&acc&Opinion&-1&exp&undefined&&&new

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

I don't consider myself a whacked out parental unit and I didn't want my kids taught about sex in school. :confused:

Is their anyone here on WS that is willing to write a letter that can be sent to every senator in Vermont from each of us individually. Telling them our outrage, what we expect and why Jessica's FULL law should be voted in? I am no writer, but there are a few of you here that are really good at it:)
Anyone? Anyone?

You know. this is going to sound messed up, but... I think other states should send all the sex offenders to Vermont. The sex offenders are all watching vermont anyways, and know that there is a strong possibility for them to get away with it. And once the state of Vermont realizes that they have 50,000 offenders, maybe then they will pass the law.

And no, I am not suggesting any children be exposed, but saying that it may get vermont to open the god dang eyes to the epidemic they are currently facing.

Please don't bash me, nor assume I am for sex offenders hurting children because I definitly am NOT!

Is their anyone here on WS that is willing to write a letter that can be sent to every senator in Vermont from each of us individually. Telling them our outrage, what we expect and why Jessica's FULL law should be voted in? I am no writer, but there are a few of you here that are really good at it:)
Anyone? Anyone?

I fear if I wrote a letter it would turn into a :rant:

As I stated before, I am a longtime "Lurkee Loo" and relatively new poster.

Do we have a thread here where we can throw around ideas on how to get involved/start a grass roots campaign of sorts, or even a database for programs/foundations already in place? If not I would propose that we start one- a thread dedicated to "getting involved", and maybe not just high-lighting the usual well known 'campaigns'. If there is a thread that is dedicated to brainstorming about ideas and lesser known orgs, then forgive my ignorance and direct me to it!

Thx in advance. As you can tell, this horrid case has really stuck in my craw!

You know it goes looking beyond the denial...because children will deny it...along with the spouses of the abusers. I recently did a face-to-face with someone who was incarcerated for drugs. Listening to his history of how he got where he did (crack addict mother, well, you know the story)...asked him what could be done as an educator to prevent a child from "crossing the line"...he told me that his teachers noticed, he and his more both denied there was any trouble at home...but he said to me "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...then it's a duck". In other words, if you see the signs of any kind of neglect or abuse trust your instincts...and try your damned best to help change the situation.
So galvino...where do we begin?

I don't see what good attacking Brooke's mother can do. She made a huge mistake and probably feels the worst and lowest of all human beings on Earth. There is no way she could feel any lower. There is nothing more that can be taken from her.

You can't insult and berate someone into being a smarter, more involved parent. If they are not that way already and naturally, then you can't make them be. The fact is that anyone in this country can have kids for whatever reason they want. Or on accident for no reason at all when they didn't really want them--that happens all the time. Even mentally ill people can have children and raise them to think Elvis is God. As long as the parent is not neglecting or abusing the child by law, which has some pretty lenient standards, they can have however many kids they want. Even if they can't afford to support them and/or are too stupid to raise them correctly they can have 10 kids and the government will support them and do it's best to help raise them.

If you really want to stop it, I think we would need to be like China and put strict limits on who can have children. Maybe everyone is fixed at birth and they have to apply and get approved to have children. Then all kids would at least be on purpose and wanted, for some reason. I think people would appreciate their kids more and take better care of them if they were not so simple to get.

I am watching the news (wptz) right now and the entire news cast tonight is being dedicated to Brooke. Her mother spoke tonight. Brookes sister is on now

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I don't consider myself a whacked out parental unit and I didn't want my kids taught about sex in school. :confused:
It's not that they're being taught sex acts...they're taught about what might be considered inappropriate behavior...as well as a healthy respect for themselves.

The gazebo area was packed. Brooke's mother just said that she was Brooke's mother and she will always be Brooke's mother.

Burlington police are helping with the case.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

This is an awful ending. This little girl was surrounded by perverts and a mother who didn't make good choices. It probably doesn't do any good to berate the mother, but she CLEARLY is responsible for her daughter's welfare. I think this goes beyond making bad choices and is more like negligence.

May this little girl (Brooke) rest in peace!

I wonder if this sex ring has any connection to Breckenridge, Texas? The stepdad lived in Texas and may have known other men in the state who were willing to pay for sex with minors.

I don't see what good attacking Brooke's mother can do. She made a huge mistake and probably feels the worst and lowest of all human beings on Earth. There is no way she could feel any lower. There is nothing more that can be taken from her.

You can't insult and berate someone into being a smarter, more involved parent. If they are not that way already and naturally, then you can't make them be. The fact is that anyone in this country can have kids for whatever reason they want. Or on accident for no reason at all when they didn't really want them--that happens all the time. Even mentally ill people can have children and raise them to think Elvis is God. As long as the parent is not neglecting or abusing the child by law, which has some pretty lenient standards, they can have however many kids they want. Even if they can't afford to support them and/or are too stupid to raise them correctly they can have 10 kids and the government will support them and do it's best to help raise them.

If you really want to stop it, I think we would need to be like China and put strict limits on who can have children. Maybe everyone is fixed at birth and they have to apply and get approved to have children. Then all kids would at least be on purpose and wanted, for some reason. I think people would appreciate their kids more and take better care of them if they were not so simple to get.
I understand what you're getting at, but you do know these same parents will give away their handicapped babies...as well as female children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko