MA Bruce Crowley - missing after spending New Years weekend in Provincetown Cape Cod, 30 Dec 2022

Provincetown Police Department
The Provincetown Police (MA) Department is assisting the Malden Police (MA) Department by seeking the public's assistance in locating Bruce Crowley. Bruce was reported missing on 01-04-2023 after a New Year’s Eve weekend stay in Provincetown.

Crowley is described as a white male, age 56, about 5’ 8 inches tall, with brown eyes and grey hair.
Crowley was last operating a 2011 Mini Cooper color grey with a Massachusetts license plate. This vehicle has been located by us in a parking lot in Provincetown.

Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the Provincetown Police Department at 508-487-1212 or the Malden Police Department at 781-397-7171.

324407095_2059374797592645_1793999707801250080_n.jpg
324265014_676059360914601_7164413936273550514_n.jpg

Bruce Crowley FB - Last post May'21
Bruce Crowley FB - Last post July'20
Bruce Crowley Twitter
bjbc40 Instagram

See and hear Bruce live in this video he posted in 2018.

In a check of publically available court records for him in either his county of residence or the last county seen was a fairly recent judgment against him in small claims court (less than $5000) that appears to be in default. A small claims hearing is scheduled May 4 of this year to review payment. (you can click on the case number for the particulars) https://www.masscourts.org/eservices/search.page.5?x=bzAiIftkb5LDpw2rl0sInQ

In a check of publically available court records for him in either his county of residence or the last county seen was a fairly recent judgment against him in small claims court (less than $5000) that appears to be in default. A small claims hearing is scheduled May 4 of this year to review payment. (you can click on the case number for the particulars) https://www.masscourts.org/eservices/search.page.5?x=bzAiIftkb5LDpw2rl0sInQ
Appears to be 2 judgements ~10k total.

I live here in Provincetown - but no one I know has heard anything about which guesthouse he was staying in, whether he checked out of it, or what he did while he was here. People are concerned and curious and wishing there were more details. Our community facebook page is filled with questions. If I learn anything solid I will certainly post it here. We are surrounded by water and vast stretches of woods and dunes with lots of hidden spots. I'm out wandering there, off the trails, with my dog almost every day... I'm keeping my eyes open, sort of with dread.

I live here in Provincetown - but no one I know has heard anything about which guesthouse he was staying in, whether he checked out of it, or what he did while he was here. People are concerned and curious and wishing there were more details. Our community facebook page is filled with questions. If I learn anything solid I will certainly post it here. We are surrounded by water and vast stretches of woods and dunes with lots of hidden spots. I'm out wandering there, off the trails, with my dog almost every day... I'm keeping my eyes open, sort of with dread.

There definitely seems to be a lack of follow up information in the news and I’ve been wondering if maybe he’s no longer missing and that just wasn’t broadcast. If he is still missing I hope they share more info and keep alerts active and known. Thanks for sharing info!

There have been some recent articles in the NYT and other places about the rash of drugging and robberies of gay men, mostly happening in bars - I wonder if that is a reason that not much info is being released? Maybe the police are investigating something/someone and are not releasing details to protect the investigation? I'm only guessing, of course - but it seems like New Years Eve in Ptown has potential for plenty of opportunities for some creeps to attempt this. I can't think of why else there is so little being released about this disturbing case.

There have been some recent articles in the NYT and other places about the rash of drugging and robberies of gay men, mostly happening in bars - I wonder if that is a reason that not much info is being released? Maybe the police are investigating something/someone and are not releasing details to protect the investigation? I'm only guessing, of course - but it seems like New Years Eve in Ptown has potential for plenty of opportunities for some creeps to attempt this. I can't think of why else there is so little being released about this disturbing case.

I agree, it’s odd. Maybe there is something calculated about the lack of info but if not it’s also disturbing so little being said since I agree the potential of it being sinister given the circumstances is there. It’s a bit distressing that there was of course the huge missing person case of AW getting a lot of news space in the same timeframe but now there appears to be another missing woman case in MA to the west and it’s in the news. As a female I feel its ok for me to say I hope gender doesn’t play a part in what is deemed newsworthy.

Do any of you who know Bruce have any ideas as to what may have happened to him? Anything troubling him recently? Did he have a SO? What was found in his car? Keys, wallet, cell phone?

I am related to Bruce and he is still missing. His family members are sharing this flyer now to try to keep the police and the news working on finding him. Thank you polywog for keeping an eye out as you walk. I do not have any answers I am just posting to keep the search going.
I’m in MA and there is very little available info on this case. I hope the police are keeping the family updated on their efforts to find Bruce. If they aren’t, they may need a push.

I’m in MA and there is very little available info on this case. I hope the police are keeping the family updated on their efforts to find Bruce. If they aren’t, they may need a push.
There doesn't seem to be much of anything to go on. I'm most worried about the car being abandoned and the length of time that anyone has heard from Bruce.

MOD NOTE:

Welcome to all new members who have joined to discuss Bruce's case. In an effort to best support families, Websleuths adheres to intentionally strict standards to ensure that only factual information is discussed.

Links to MSM reports or LE statements are required for statements made as fact. The exception to this rule is when we have a Verified Insider (VI) who is a family member or friend of the victim or missing person. The VI process is completely confidential. More details on how to become a VI can be found here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Any post stated as fact by members who are not Verified Insiders will be removed. After applying and upon completion of the VI process, these posts may be reinstated.

Thank you for understanding and for posting in accordance with The Rules. Use the Report feature on this post or send a PM to a Mod/Admin if you have any questions about the VI process.

Thanks!

PROVINCETOWN -- The search for a man who was last seen in Provincetown is still going on, according to the Cape & Islands District Attorney's office. Bruce Crowley, 56, was reported missing on January 4 after he spent New Year's Eve weekend in Provincetown.

"Search is ongoing and will continue to be ongoing," the D.A.'s office told WBZ-TV Thursday.

Malden Police, along with Provincetown Police, have been involved in the search, though State Police took over the investigation on January 13.

The D.A. also said there is no threat to the public. Anyone with information should call State Police at 508-790-5799 or Provincetown Police at 508-488-1212.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back