Burke Speaks?

OceanEyes said:
I know someone who knows Burke...he told my friend that he doesn't know anything, that he barely remembers what happened that night/morning, he has kind of blocked it out I guess. This is what my friend told me, maybe Burke was lying, but he said he felt Burke was telling the truth, as he wasn't questioning him about it, he just brought it up out of nowhere. This was about a year ago.
Wow, I believe it.

Toltec said:
People react differently and I understand this now. My Mother passed on August 7 and my sisters and I were in the family room laughing and joking about different things. I laughed so much that night even though my precious Mother had passed two days earlier...

I still feel numb.

Hugs & prayers, Toltec. I'm so sorry.

My sister and I laughed at our grandmother's funeral b/c her name was being mispronounced (she had a weird name she hated all her life) and we couldn't help but giggle thinking of how much she would have laughed at the irony. I loved her very much, though...she was so ill when she died at age 82, though, that it was hard for me to be grief-stricken b/c she was at peace...maybe that's how Burke felt at the funeral, too, about his mom.

OceanEyes said:
I know someone who knows Burke...he told my friend that he doesn't know anything, that he barely remembers what happened that night/morning, he has kind of blocked it out I guess. This is what my friend told me, maybe Burke was lying, but he said he felt Burke was telling the truth, as he wasn't questioning him about it, he just brought it up out of nowhere. This was about a year ago.

Wow. :eek:

Maybe So said:
Yea he was probably happy his mom was dead...... :rolleyes:

That's not what I meant at all. I just meant as a stated fact, he was photographed at the funeral embracing his dad and smiling. Who knows what was going through his head then, or over the last 10 years? He may have been relieved his mother's suffering was over.

englishleigh said:
That's not what I meant at all. I just meant as a stated fact, he was photographed at the funeral embracing his dad and smiling. Who knows what was going through his head then, or over the last 10 years? He may have been relieved his mother's suffering was over.
I vote relief. Those of you who have cared for family members in the end stages of cancer can vouch on that one. It can knock the daylights out of you, especially if the patient is no longer tolerating most pain medications.
You cry and cry while it's happening then, when it's over, you cry some more but you are also relieved that their suffering is over at last.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back