CA - 10-year old boy charged with shooting death of another 10-year old - January 1, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score
well I'm glad the father has been arrested too
Absolutely.
If, if, if... if the gun had been secured, this would not have occurred in the way it did.
If the boy who shot the other boy had not had the weapon, he possibly could have killed him some other way, but the weapon was there, probably loaded and available, and the deed was done. No going back, no un-doing it.
Now we have two people who will very likely go to jail or prison -- and should -- and one who will never be seen again alive and on this earth. Two families, two tragedies.
What a very preventable horror. And it will not be over for a number of people for a long, long time.

Shame on that father. What is wrong with people? I hope the father spends a very long time in prison.

As far as the 10-year-old, they know right from wrong. Though he was obviously raised by fools and likely hasn't had it easy (which is no excuse! But the adults in his life deserve equal blame.) I hope he receives many years of therapy before he's out free as an adult. JMO.

Sincere condolences to the family of the victim. I am truly sorry for your loss.

This is horrific but I need more information before I condemn this child. What he did was reckless at best, but did he know the gun was loaded? Was he trying to hurt or kill the little boy, or was he just showing off being a stupid kid who didn't know how dangerous he was being?.

Yes of course 10 year olds know better than to shoot people, but they are children. They don't know everything they need to yet, and the things they do know they might not understand as an adult would. We all know the very clear rule that you never point a gun at something you don't want to kill, loaded or otherwise, but does a 10yr old know that?. Some 10yr olds, those that hunt with family for sure know that, as do 10yr olds who go to a shooting range with family, but a 10yr old who's father carries a stolen, loaded gun in his glove box? Maybe not so much.

All that said, it's also entirely possible that this child dis know that, and did mean to shoot the other child. So yes, I'm going to need more information before I form an opinion on this one.

My thoughts are with the dead child's family as always.

Davis is not in the Sacramento jail site... maybe he bonded out on his 1/3/24 hearing - ??

I can not access the Court site anymore - maybe someone else reading here can?

Brittani Frierson, Keith’s mother, said another young boy, who Keith had played with in the past, shot Keith Saturday afternoon right outside the family’s apartment after losing a bike race.

“My baby… asked me can he go outside to ride. Not even 15 minutes later, my baby was gone. All because he was enjoying a race with some other kids he considered his friends on his new bike,” Brittani said. “This wasn’t supposed to happen. It’s not OK.”
[snip]
Investigators said the 10-year-old child got a gun from Davis’ vehicle and shot and killed another 10-year-old boy, who family members have identified as Keith Frierson. Detectives also said Davis tried to get rid of the gun by throwing it into a nearby trashcan.

“Instead of aiding my baby, he tried to hide it. He tried to cover it up. He left my baby there,” Brittani said. “He will pay for this. He will. We’ll get justice for my son. I will get justice for my son.”

Loved ones, including Keith’s godmother Nina Trepagnier, said they blame Davis for the fates of both Keith and the other 10-year-old boy accused of shooting him.
'We'll get justice': Mother says 10-year-old son was shot and killed over a lost bike race

“Based on the facts currently known, the sole criminal liability and responsibility for the child’s death lays exclusively with (Arkete Davis),” the District Attorney’s Office said in a statement.
[snip]
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office said the gun used in the shooting was reported stolen in 2017. Deputies also said Davis is a felon and should not have even had a firearm at all.
10-year-old accused in boy’s shooting death won’t face charges as his father faces Sacramento judge

RIP Keith Jhay “KJ” Frierson

“I just need people to care. My son was in the right place, doing the right thing. He was outside where people say kids are supposed to be!” reads a statement from Brittani Frierson, the mother of Keith ‘KJ’ Frierson.
Funeral services for ‘KJ’ Frierson, who was shot by another boy, open to community members

Just going thru some oldies - not finding anything on this case - and Davis is not in the Sacramento jail. Do not have access to the court site for Sacramento to look & see if he got charged for anything in this case.

Anyone have any better luck?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat