Found Deceased CA - Alexis Gabe, 24, suspicious, last w/Ex-BF, car abandoned, Antioch, 26 Jan 2022

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Oakley woman missing under suspicious circumstances since Thursday (contracostaherald.com)

Alexis-Gabe-Missing-flier.jpg

The Oakley Police Department received a call of a missing person, under suspicious circumstances, on January 27, 2022.
  • Alexis Gabe, 24, of Oakley, was last seen on Benttree Way in Antioch.
  • She is an Asian female, 5’7” tall and 170 pounds.
  • She was last known to be wearing a white tank top, silver/black hooded sweatshirt, black pants and green/white shoes.
  • Oakley Police patrol and detectives began immediate efforts to locate her.
  • The Oakley PD has been in contact with Alexis' family and have spoken to key people who were last known to be with her.
  • The efforts to locate Gabe are continuing as detectives analyze evidence and patrol personnel continue to field tips and conduct physical searches.
Please report any credible sightings of Gabe, or any information that will lead to her discovery by calling the Oakley Police Department at 925-625-8060.

Oakley Police Looking for Missing Adult Female

Jan 27, 2022
Alexis does have a cellphone, but it is turned off, or it has no power.

According to police, she was last known to be with a male who she knows last night around 9:00 PM. Her family members found her car off of Trenton Street and Oakley Road earlier today and the keys were located in the car. There is no known nexus between Alexis and Trenton Street.
According to Oakley Police Chief Paul Beard, although there is social media postings regarding a firearm, he has been informed they have no information about a gun being involved in the past 24 hours of her life, but the male associate supposedly has a gun and made threatening statements regarding it a few weeks ago.

We have made physical contact with that male at his home in Antioch and have taken a statement from him,” said Beard. “We have checked detention facilities and we are checking all Contra Costa County hospitals for Alexis now.”

Last edited:
So the known facts released by MSM and local LE in Alexis Gabe's case are:

- Her car was found abandoned, with the door open and keys in the ignition.
- The last person she was known to be with was an ex-boyfriend.

Missing Oakley woman

At least we know that local LE have interviewed this man so they know his identity and location, and they have his statement. I don't believe any information regarding his statement has been released at this time.

I don't wish to speculate on this case, but the information released by LE so far is very concerning.

So the known facts released by MSM and local LE in Alexis Gabe's case are:

- Her car was found abandoned, with the door open and keys in the ignition.
- The last person she was known to be with was an ex-boyfriend.

Missing Oakley woman

At least we know that local LE have interviewed this man so they know his identity and location, and they have his statement. I don't believe any information regarding his statement has been released at this time.

I don't wish to speculate on this case, but the information released by LE so far is very concerning.

Re bold - especially since she was last known to be with her EX boyfriend - I would find that concerning also.

Agreed.

We should not assume anything in these cases since we rarely have all the necessary facts. We typically don't know the individuals involved, their backgrounds, their lifestyles, etc. However, in the short time I've been on this site I've noticed a significant number of cases where women are reported missing shortly after leaving a relationship.

It's a disturbing trend without question, one that happens far too often IMO.

In this particular case, LE has interviewed Gabe's former boyfriend so they are clearly aware of the situation. We'll see how this develops.

She was officially last seen the night of Jan 26 though, not 27.

Family, Friends Ask for Help in Search for Missing Oakley Woman
Noting:
  • Alexis hasn't been heard from since Wed night, when she was with an ex-bf.
  • Her car door was left open and the keys were still in the ignition.
  • Friends/family don't think she would have ever left her car open like that.
  • Security cameras picked up her car on Trenton Street near Oakley Road around 9:30. p.m., which showed person got out of the car and started walking.
What happened between 9 and 9:30?

JAN 31, 2022
Search Intensifies For Missing Oakley Woman Alexis Gabe – CBS San Francisco (cbslocal.com)
Nearby surveillance video from shows someone getting out of the car and walking away, but officials can’t tell who it is.

Investigators said Gabe’s phone is off or not working. Her boyfriend said he last saw her around 9 p.m. Jan. 26.

JAN 31, 2022
Search Continues for Missing Oakley Woman – NBC Bay Area
[...]

... Groups started searching Thursday and found her car with keys still in the ignition near Trenton Street and Oakley Road, about a block away from her best friend's house.

"If she was that close to my house she would've come to my house," best friend ML said. "Even if I wasn't there she knows she could come."

Later Wednesday night, surveillance video that has not been released by police reportedly shows a dark figure leaving her car from the driver's side.

[...]

"We didn't know she was still seeing her ex-boyfriend or the nature of the visit," sister-in-law MS said. "So it's hard to for us to think what could've happened."

Gabe recently graduating from nursing school and worked at Rite Aid, and is described by family and friends as helpful, caring and compassionate.

[...]

Just to be clear, AFAIK it hasn't been established that the person seen leaving the vehicle in the security video was, in fact, Alexis Gabe.

"We didn't know she was still seeing her ex-boyfriend or the nature of the visit," sister-in-law MS said. "So it's hard to for us to think what could've happened."

Sister-in-law? Does this mean Gabe was married when she disappeared? If so, then her being with her ex-boyfriend at the time she disappeared is even more curious.

Just to be clear, AFAIK it hasn't been established that the person seen leaving the vehicle in the security video was, in fact, Alexis Gabe.

Sister-in-law? Does this mean Gabe was married when she disappeared? If so, then her being with her ex-boyfriend at the time she disappeared is even more curious.
I sort of assumed the SIL was her brother's wife but I don't really know. MOO

I took it as Alexis having a brother who is married which would give Alexis a sister in law. I could be wrong.

Security cameras captured Gabe’s car in Oakley, a city in the Bay Area, around 9:30. p.m., and an unidentified person can be seen getting out of the car, cops said, according to KNTV. Police said they are examining digital images from surrounding cameras in the ex-boyfriend’s neighborhood and in the location where her car was found.

On Tuesday, Oakley Police, with the assistance of Antioch Police Department and the Contra Costa County District’s Attorney’s office, served a search warrant at the home they believe belongs to Alexis’ ex-boyfriend, where she was last seen. Investigators collected several large bags and a vacuum cleaner, KRON-TV reported.

Vacuum Cleaner Seized From Ex’s House After Nursing Grad’s Ominous Disappearance

On Tuesday, Oakley Police, with the assistance of Antioch Police Department and the Contra Costa County District’s Attorney’s office, served a search warrant at the home they believe belongs to Alexis’ ex-boyfriend, where she was last seen. Investigators collected several large bags and a vacuum cleaner, KRON-TV reported

IMO the above statement sounds very suspicious.

This part does as well: "Police said that they had questioned Gabe’s former flame “more than once,” but were not actively in contact with him, according to the outlet."

Vacuum Cleaner Seized From Ex’s House After Nursing Grad’s Ominous Disappearance

Sigh... I think we all know where this is headed. :(

Updated: Feb 2, 2022 / 01:25 PM PST
New developments in search for missing Oakley woman | KRON4

[...]

On Tuesday, investigators searched the last place she was likely seen before her disappearance.

Antioch police removed several large bags from a home on Benttree Way as part of a search warrant.

The home is believed to belong to the ex-boyfriend of 24-year-old Alexis Gabe and the last place she was seen.

[...]

“Police are still looking into the person who dropped off her car, and they are looking into all digital imagery from surrounding cameras in the ex-boyfriend’s neighborhood and in the location where her car was found.”

Search warrant issued in case of missing 24-year-old Oakley woman (ktvu.com)
On Tuesday, investigators with Oakley police, Antioch police and the Contra Costa District Attorney's office searched a home on Bent Tree Way in Antioch.

Crime scene tape roped off the property, as investigators spent several hours carrying out bags of items from inside. The top of a vacuum cleaner was visible in one of the bags collected as evidence in the case.

FEB 2, 2022
Alexis Gabe missing: Family describes 'harrowing' moments in search for Oakley woman who disappeared on Jan. 26 - ABC7 San Francisco (abc7news.com)
[...]

ABC7 News talked with Alexis' brother, GG, for insight into what the family is going through.

"It was like a regular day. She asked if she had mail at the post office," he said.

That was last Wednesday afternoon, January 26.

GG said by the next morning his younger sister Alexis Gabe hadn't come home to the apartment she shares with her parents.

[...]

They reported her missing to police. They contacted her ex boyfriend, someone they say she dated for three years until late 2021. They say he told them he saw her the night she vanished.

"He did say she was there and she left at 9 p.m.," MS [GG's girlfriend] said.

They said he has not helped them in the search for Alexis Gabe, but have not asked directly for his assistance either.

He said they knew something was wrong because, "Usually she has responsibilities, she drops my brother off at school."

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back