Found Deceased CA - Amanda “Mandy” or “Lil Panda” Anne Nenigar, 27, Blythe, 28 Feb 2024

Her mental health/potential drug use doesn't matter IMO. They should have been able to find her location when she made that 911 call. I had a serious car break down 10 years ago and they had to triangulate my location to find me, so if they could do that in 2014 they can definitely do that now. Granted she wasn't on a freeway like I was, but she was on a peak and it sounds like the call was strong enough. Seems like dispatch dropped the ball on this one. Mistakes happen, I get it, but someone needs to own up to this one

There is something very odd about this case. What is even odder is that the woman says her car is in a ditch (it isn't), she's near some town that she isn't, she was out there for 2 days (she wasn't even "lost" for a day), she had a miscarriage (WTH??), and her family finds her car (that is the weirdest of all). Something doesn't smell right, IMO. Hope she's ok, but this is very strange. Wish the dispatch hadn't botched the coordinates bc that would have been 1 less odd thing.
She may have driven out of the ditch after she didn't receive any 911 assistance (an act of desperation to save her own life?)

Imo she was absolutely lost, and lost out in the LOW desert at that - which can quickly turn into an extreme survival situation given the nature of the harsh elements there aka NO WATER- which would explain why she climbed a peak and called 911 to try to receive emergency assistance.

First I've heard of the miscarriage, but that explains her state of crisis more. A miscarriage is often a medical emergency because of the heavy bleeding involved. I've personally had to go to an emergency room due to heavy bleeding from a miscarriage

Last edited:
Why hasn’t anyone looked EXACTLY where this girl is describing? She said the 74, anza, Palm Springs, cactus, mountains, Idyllwyld, dinosaurs. She is describing the mountain pass between anza and Palm Springs that most of us take to get to Palm Springs if we live from Temecula - San Diego. The 371 to the 74 to the 111 basically. I’m mind blown nobody has mentioned this!

Why hasn’t anyone looked EXACTLY where this girl is describing? She said the 74, anza, Palm Springs, cactus, mountains, Idyllwyld, dinosaurs. She is describing the mountain pass between anza and Palm Springs that most of us take to get to Palm Springs if we live from Temecula - San Diego. The 371 to the 74 to the 111 basically. I’m mind blown nobody has mentioned this!
Thank you for clarifying the location. As suspected - this area has little to no water!!! Desert hikers are carrying water through there for 50+ miles

Last edited:
Wait...replied to you thinking her location was in California. Wasn't it in Arizona?
Thought that's what got twisted up with the CHP dispatch initially?

The 911 call is interesting. There is a lot of information all over the place. She sounded different at the beginning of the call vs the end of the call. I don't understand why a bird was not sent up to at least look for where she said her coordinates were.

Not entirely sure I even understand the facts. Is it possible she actually had two accidents? The first, went off the road into a ditch. Resulting in a concussion. Then while concussed, managed to drive out of the ditch, eventually stalling again, on the boulder. All in a fog. Imagine trying to make sense of any of that if your brain is cottony.

Do we have an accurate timeline? Was she out there for a day? Two? How far could a person walk in that state? She could be 10+ miles from where they're looking...
Yes, I am very confused by the 911 call the “day before she was reported missing”. Was that the same call where she went missing, her last known location—and she just wasn’t reported by family or anyone until the next day? Or was she recovered from that call and then seen in Blythe at the hotel the next morning? I think the former but man, the way they phrase it in the reports could not be more confusing.

Absolutely confusing.

ETA:
Can confirm based on Facebook post from her sister that she was last seen leaving the hotel at 3:44am— “3 hours later she’d be making the 911 call”. So it was all the same event. Find Amanda Nenigar | My sister was last seen leaving her hotel room 3:44 am 3 hours later she’d be making the 911 call | Facebook

Last edited:
It sounds to me like she was struggling with some possible mental health/ addiction issues.

It would be easy to become lost or disoriented driving through that area if someone was wide awake and had no other issues.

If she had an overload of anxiety and hit a boulder or anything else on that dirt road, it could have resulted in a concussion and perhaps even a temporary amnesia.

She very well could have lost a sense of time.

AJMO
DBM Duplication

Last edited:
It sounds to me like she was struggling with some possible mental health/ addiction issues.

It would be easy to become lost or disoriented driving through that area if someone was wide awake and had no other issues.

If she had an overload of anxiety and hit a boulder or anything else on that dirt road, it could have resulted in a concussion and perhaps even a temporary amnesia.

She very well could have lost a sense of time.

AJMO
Or been dehydrated within a couple of hours if she had no water in those temperatures, especially if you factor in the fact that if she was initially knocked unconscious and/or suffered a concussion, she might have been without fluids for a number of hours. This in itself could have made her totally confused hence why the 911 call is so erratic in terms of what she was saying.

"Authorities said she was found by a search and rescue expert who spotted her body nude under a tree"

That's so tragic and strange
Sad for sure. Likely undressed as she succumbed to the elements. Something akin to paradoxical undressing. No doubt she was overheated, dehydrated and unfed. I hope she found some comfort in the voice in her ear (dispatch)... just so very sad.... lost soul....and no one could find her and pull her to safety.

I hope they can piece together what happened.

JMO

"The family is incredibly grateful to have people like each of you who have volunteered and dedicated their time and resources into finding her," read a statement attributed to Nenigar's family and shared in a Saturday morning post on her Facebook missing person page. "It is with a heavy heart that we must report to you all, she was found deceased last night, Friday March 29th 2024, and is no longer a missing persons case."

The post stated there remained "many questions" and there was an investigation into Nenigar's death with an expected autopsy.

"Our hearts are broken and we will miss her dearly," read the statement.

Sad for sure. Likely undressed as she succumbed to the elements. Something akin to paradoxical undressing. No doubt she was overheated, dehydrated and unfed. I hope she found some comfort in the voice in her ear (dispatch)... just so very sad.... lost soul....and no one could find her and pull her to safety.

I hope they can piece together what happened.

JMO
Hi, Megnut. Just wanted to chime in to say that it very well could have been actual paradoxical undressing. Nights are very cold in the southern California desert in February and March. Even if the ambient air temp is what sounds like a moderate 55°, it feels much colder and you’re in much more danger of hypothermia. The air is so dry and conditions are usually windy, so the warm air around your body is constantly being whisked away. Add to that the fact she was likely sitting or laying on cold rocky ground, and you get conductive heat loss. Years of camping in Death Valley in March/April and shivering in my sleeping bag on a Thermarest taught me how frigid a blazing hot desert can get at night. RIP to this woman and mom. She deserved better.

Last edited:
View attachment 490651
Amanda is described as white, and blonde, has blue eyes, and is five feet and three inches

Amanda was last seen wearing a pink hooded sweatshirt, black leggings, a bracelet, and black and white tennis shoes. She was also carrying a pink purse.
I be;ieve Amanda was found 5 days after her disappearance. She was a very short distance from the coordinates she gave the 911 operator

Not entirely sure I even understand the facts. Is it possible she actually had two accidents? The first, went off the road into a ditch. Resulting in a concussion. Then while concussed, managed to drive out of the ditch, eventually stalling again, on the boulder. All in a fog. Imagine trying to make sense of any of that if your brain is cottony.

Do we have an accurate timeline? Was she out there for a day? Two? How far could a person walk in that state? She could be 10+ miles from where they're looking...
Police said she was
“Very close” to the coordinates that she gave the 911 operator.

Does anyone have a map of the coordinates she gave, and the coordinates of her car and then where she was found?
These are the coordinates she read to the 911 dispatcher, although she read degree as “decimal” after the dispatcher *corrected* her: 33°16'53.3"N, 114°35'25.0"W

You can cut and paste that into Google Maps or Earth. I don’t have the official coordinates for her car but I have seen it pinned by Gray Hughes at approx. 33.2834759, -114.5987967.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back