CA CA - Anthony Evans, 35, vehicle found 5 mi west of Portola near a family member's residence, last seen Plumas County, 15 Dec 2023

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1703331545510.png

PLUMAS COUNTY, California (KOLO) - The Plumas County Sheriffs Office is looking for a man who has been missing for around a week.

The missing person was identified as Anthony Evans, who, according to family members, had been missing for two days. Family members advised it was not uncommon for Evans to be missing for brief periods of time.

During subsequent investigation Evan’s vehicle was located near a family member’s residence roughly five miles west of the City of Portola. PCSO personnel conducted an initial search of the area where the vehicle was located.

Plumas County Search and Rescue was notified of the missing persons call and immediately planned and executed a search of multiple areas in the vicinity. Search and Rescue operations were continued for the next two days but they were unable to locate Evans.

PCSO says that search operations and additional investigation will be ongoing. At this time this incident is being investigated as a voluntary missing adult.

Due to winter weather Evans' family as well as the Sheriff's Office are asking anyone with information that could assist in locating him to call the Plumas County Sheriff's Office at (530) 283-6300.

A concerned neighbor reported him missing but family says it's not uncommon for Anthony to go missing for brief periods of time. Is that with or without his car?

He's been missing for 8 days now. I sure hope he's found safely. MOO

December 23, 2023 - Plumas County Sheriff's Office officials report that on December 17, 2023, around 12:50 P.M. (1250 hours) the Plumas County Sheriff’s Office was notified by a concerned citizen that their neighbor was potentially missing. PCSO responded and contacted the reporting party. The missing person was identified as Anthony Evans a white male, 35 years old who is about 5’9” and 150 lbs. According to family members, Anthony had been missing for two days. Family members advised it was not uncommon for Anthony to be missing for brief periods of time.

Odd that the neighbor became concerned enough to notify authorities Mr. Evans was missing before family members did. I wonder what motivated that concern.

Also, the reports do not indicate whether Mr. Evans was single, married, divorced, or in a current relationship and whether he was employed. It is not even clear if he resides in the same town in which his vehicle was found.

Hoping he turns up soon, and safe.

Tony is still missing. I know him personally and after combing through the area and not finding any evidence of him even being in the area, besides some cans that I know were his at our spot, I believe he has left the area.
He had discussed this with me many times, and at the time I did not think he was being serious. Sometimes people just vent. I am very concerned for him. I will never stop looking for him. He has a daughter he needs to come home to. And the only responsible parent she has. This picture looks more like him then his ID.

If anyone has seen him please let me or PCSO know. Thank you.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1703200693647.jpg
    FB_IMG_1703200693647.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 17
Tony is still missing. I know him personally and after combing through the area and not finding any evidence of him even being in the area, besides some cans that I know were his at our spot, I believe he has left the area.
He had discussed this with me many times, and at the time I did not think he was being serious. Sometimes people just vent. I am very concerned for him. I will never stop looking for him. He has a daughter he needs to come home to. And the only responsible parent she has. This picture looks more like him then his ID.

If anyone has seen him please let me or PCSO know. Thank you.
I'm really sorry about your friend. Was it normal for him to leave his vehicle behind? Hoping he's just taking a break and will let people know his location or return soon

I'm really sorry about your friend. Was it normal for him to leave his vehicle behind? Hoping he's just taking a break and will let people know his location or return soon
Sorry I had a hard time figuring out how to get back on here.
He is still missing as of today.
Yes it is normal. He has taken off into the woods before is my understanding from family members. He did stop taking his medication a couple of weeks before this happened. He told me the Dr was not listening to him, so I tried to help him find a new Dr. But he never made the phone calls.
I hope he is taking a break and turns up soon. I'm still heartbroken. I hope he sees this someday and knows someone cares and wishes he would come back. His daughter needs him. I need my friend.

Yes it is normal. He has taken off into the woods before is my understanding from family members. He did stop taking his medication a couple of weeks before this happened. He told me the Dr was not listening to him, so I tried to help him find a new Dr. But he never made the phone calls.
I hope he is taking a break and turns up soon. I'm still heartbroken. I hope he sees this someday and knows someone cares and wishes he would come back. His daughter needs him. I need my friend.
Hi caligrown,
Welcome to Websleuths. If you would like to be verified as a family friend of Anthony's we would appreciate it. This way you can post updates without having to provide links. Please email me at tricia@websleuths.com and I can tell you more. Thank you,
Tricia

No worries, this is a random website that's pretty hard to interact with if you're not familiar with it.
I'm so sorry to hear that Tony is still missing. It seems strange that he would go off into the woods in the dead of winter, but then again NorCal people are notorious for being rough (I'm in central Cal, but I've got family up north). Hopefully he made his way to somewhere warmer & more comfortable if he needed to take a break.
It can be so frustrating to not have medical professionals listen to you or accuse you - that's why I'm afraid of seeking medical care now, so I get it. He's certainly not alone, if that's what happened.
I hope he reaches out soon too. Sounds like he was in a rough patch, but maybe he's just wintering somewhere?
Even strangers care! I hope you hear from your friend soon

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txstar