Still Missing CA - Aranda Briones, 16, missing after a night out with friends, Moreno Valley, 13 Jan 2019 *arrest*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
50075747_2226478060956693_6506769556726349824_n.jpg

50307115_2226478127623353_1271652357926551552_n.png

On Monday, January 14, 2019, Moreno Valley Police Department began investigating the disappearance of 16 year-old Aranda Briones. Briones never returned home after a night out with some friends. Over the past week, investigators have searched last known locations and spoke to several family and friends of Briones in an attempt to locate her. Briones’ last known location is believed to be near Moreno Valley Community park located at 13380 Frederick Street in Moreno Valley.

Aranda Briones is 5’04”, 110lbs, brown hair and hazel/green eyes. She was last believed to be wearing a white and blue jacket (depicted in the attached picture), a dark colored shirt, and dark jeans. Briones has a visible nose piercing (septum).

Anyone with information on her possible whereabouts is encouraged to contact Investigator David Drexler at the Moreno Valley Police Department by calling (951)486-6700 or the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department after hours dispatch at (951)247-8700.

UPDATED INFORMATION ON THE JUVENILE’S DISAPPEARANCE:

Investigators with the Moreno Valley Police Department continue to investigate the disappearance of 16 year-old Aranda Briones of Moreno Valley. Briones was last seen Sunday, January 13, 2019. Investigators are diligently searching footage from the Moreno Valley citywide camera system and following up on numerous leads generated from the public, family and friends. Since the inception of the investigation, Moreno Valley Police have utilized every available resource, to include the anti-human trafficking team and the FBI in an effort to locate Aranda Briones.

A tip line has been established for anyone with information regarding Briones’ location or information regarding her disappearance (951) 247-8700. Callers can remain anonymous when reporting information.

Moreno Valley Police Department

Police Searching for Missing 16-Year-Old From Moreno Valley

Well, this is quite concerning. What are the friends saying, I wonder?

50075747_2226478060956693_6506769556726349824_n.jpg

50307115_2226478127623353_1271652357926551552_n.png

On Monday, January 14, 2019, Moreno Valley Police Department began investigating the disappearance of 16 year-old Aranda Briones. Briones never returned home after a night out with some friends. Over the past week, investigators have searched last known locations and spoke to several family and friends of Briones in an attempt to locate her. Briones’ last known location is believed to be near Moreno Valley Community park located at 13380 Frederick Street in Moreno Valley.

Aranda Briones is 5’04”, 110lbs, brown hair and hazel/green eyes. She was last believed to be wearing a white and blue jacket (depicted in the attached picture), a dark colored shirt, and dark jeans. Briones has a visible nose piercing (septum).

Anyone with information on her possible whereabouts is encouraged to contact Investigator David Drexler at the Moreno Valley Police Department by calling (951)486-6700 or the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department after hours dispatch at (951)247-8700.

UPDATED INFORMATION ON THE JUVENILE’S DISAPPEARANCE:

Investigators with the Moreno Valley Police Department continue to investigate the disappearance of 16 year-old Aranda Briones of Moreno Valley. Briones was last seen Sunday, January 13, 2019. Investigators are diligently searching footage from the Moreno Valley citywide camera system and following up on numerous leads generated from the public, family and friends. Since the inception of the investigation, Moreno Valley Police have utilized every available resource, to include the anti-human trafficking team and the FBI in an effort to locate Aranda Briones.

A tip line has been established for anyone with information regarding Briones’ location or information regarding her disappearance (951) 247-8700. Callers can remain anonymous when reporting information.

Moreno Valley Police Department

Police Searching for Missing 16-Year-Old From Moreno Valley

Well, this is quite concerning. What are the friends saying, I wonder?

It’s concerning that they’ve brought in the FBI and anti-trafficking teams on this case already.

I was just looking on Facebook for any updates and one post said she was last seen at this park getting into a gray car. Ooh, this does not sound good. Come home safe, sweet girl!

Last edited:
It’s concerning that they’ve brought in the FBI and anti-trafficking teams on this case already.

I was just looking on Facebook for any updates and one post said she was last seen at this park getting into a gray car. Ooh, this does not sound good. Come home safe, sweet girl!
Oh my! That's not good. Hopefully she didn't hitchhike.

It's going on a week of this young girl missing. I browsed through the comments on the MVPD FB and no one seems to know anything. From what I have pieced together, a male friend took her to the park and watched her get into a gray vehicle but does not know who was in that vehicle. If I was dropping a friend off to meet someone else, I'd make conversation about who my friend was meeting. Was Aranda evasive about who she was meeting? Did the friend not ask? Is this version of events true?
Moreno Valley (Mo Val to locals) has a reputation for not being the nicest place. It has improved in recent years, with new houses pricing a lot of people out of town. However, there are still areas that are dangerous and you need to stay away from. Norma Lopez disappeared from Mo Val a number of years back and that did not end well. I'm sure that is on a lot of people's minds.

Get her bestie in to the police station and demand answers. At that age, the bestie knows everything. Girls that age are hopeless romantics, and the greatest possibilities are that she (a)ran off with some older guy (b)met someone online she thought would be a romance, but is now being trafficked.

In either scenario, the mexican border is less than two hours away...which doesn't bode well. Put the pressure on the bestie to 'fess up!

Opinion and speculation only.

Get her bestie in to the police station and demand answers. At that age, the bestie knows everything. Girls that age are hopeless romantics, and the greatest possibilities are that she (a)ran off with some older guy (b)met someone online she thought would be a romance, but is now being trafficked.

In either scenario, the mexican border is less than two hours away...which doesn't bode well. Put the pressure on the bestie to 'fess up!

Opinion and speculation only.

I'd like to think a friend has info and will come forward. However, I work with girls this age and it's surprising what they can keep secret for various reasons. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "But she was my BEST friend! I can't believe she didn't tell me! I thought I knew her!" Girls this age love to talk, but they also know exactly when NOT to talk. I'm not saying Aranda was covering anything up or doing anything wrong, but if she thought she was it's possible no one knows what she was up to.

Daniel says his sister was last seen near the Moreno Valley Community Park at Frederick and Cottonwood on Sunday, Jan. 13.

She was dropped off there to be with one of her friends and she was last seen getting into a gray four-door car, but the family isn't sure who was driving.

Matthew Horstkotte, her uncle, says there were indications on social media that Aranda's cellphone indicated she was in Rubidoux the night she went missing. But since then, there's been no contact or indication of her whereabouts.

"It's been a living hell," said Aranda's grandfather and legal guardian Carl Horskotte.

Video at link

Moreno Valley teen missing for more than a week

Daniel says his sister was last seen near the Moreno Valley Community Park at Frederick and Cottonwood on Sunday, Jan. 13.

She was dropped off there to be with one of her friends and she was last seen getting into a gray four-door car, but the family isn't sure who was driving.

Matthew Horstkotte, her uncle, says there were indications on social media that Aranda's cellphone indicated she was in Rubidoux the night she went missing. But since then, there's been no contact or indication of her whereabouts.

"It's been a living hell," said Aranda's grandfather and legal guardian Carl Horskotte.

Video at link

BBM. It appears her grandfather is her legal guardian. Is there any possibility that her biological parents are with her? Could this be a custody issue ?

if her male friend was the one who took her to the park and actually 100 % seen she get into another vehicle..... then we need to investigate and question that friend... he must know who this person is because Im sure he wouldn't let her go with a complete stranger... maybe ask neighbors of camera footage near the pick up location ..

Video at link

Her phone pinged an hour and a half away? That's not good. Wonder where her biological parents are?

if her male friend was the one who took her to the park and actually 100 % seen she get into another vehicle..... then we need to investigate and question that friend... he must know who this person is because Im sure he wouldn't let her go with a complete stranger... maybe ask neighbors of camera footage near the pick up location ..
Not necessarily. She could have asked him for a ride to the park, saying someone else was bringing her home, and he thought nothing of it. Lots of guys aren't observant. He might have thought that she got safely into a car and thought nothing of it and left. If she showed no distress or fear, why would he worry?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back