GUILTY CA - Audrey Carey, 23, & Steve Carter, 67, slain in Bay Area crime spree, Oct 2015

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/10/homeless_suspect_in_california.html

In June 2012, Lampley was convicted in Polk County after he was found possessing a controlled substance. Portland police arrested Lampley in December 2010 after finding him carrying a sword on the Eastbank Esplanade. Records show he had an earlier conviction in California for carrying a concealed dagger.

In court records, Lampley said he had one child who was in Oregon Department of Human Services custody. After his 2010 arrest, he said he was trying to get off the streets and was living with his father in Marion County.

The mugshots posted previously speaks volumes of the type of drug I believe the 3 of them to be using. Meth makes for killer zombies--so very scary!

Prayers to the families of the victims.

Wow. I'm shocked (but not really) to learn that these three murdered Audrey Carey as well. I follow a lot of SF sites on FB and Audrey's murder seemed so random, and because she was a foreigner traveling solo, I wasn't sure her case would ever be solved.

So glad these three are off the streets. There are a lot of names I'd like to call them, but I'll settle for "menace to society".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...uebec-woman-in-san-francisco/article26734751/

" How police tracked down the suspects in the killing of a Canadian tourist
Oct. 09, 2015"

"GPS technology and surveillance camera video have led police to arrest three suspects in the slayings of a yoga teacher and a Canadian tourist, who were robbed and shot dead in separate incidents in California’s Bay Area.

Audrey Carey, a 23-year-old former law student from St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, was on a backpacking trip. On Saturday morning, a passerby found her lying face down in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park. She had been shot in the head.

Two days later, Steve Carter, 67, was found on a trail in the Loma Alta Open Space Preserve, 35 kilometres north of San Francisco. Mr. Carter and his leashed Doberman pinscher had both been shot. He had just moved back to the area because his wife suffered from breast cancer.

The suspects, described as three young people with no permanent address, were tracked by investigators as they drove over 1,000 kilometres, from Marin County, Calif., to a soup kitchen in Portland, Ore."

web-quebecker-killed1009.JPG

http://www.theobserver.ca/2015/10/0...s-death-in-us-accused-of-killing-yoga-teacher

"San Francisco police said in a statement that investigators saw similarities in the two shootings, including that they both occurred in wooded or park areas. So city police travelled to Portland to investigate further.

Sgt. Michael Andraychak said that Carey's property, linking the suspects to the Golden Gate Park homicide, was found in the suspects' possession.

"The three suspects will be charged with the robbery and murder of Audrey Carey," he said.

Her body was discovered Saturday morning, following the first day of the music festival. Paramedics declared her dead at the scene.

Earlier Thursday, officials said they had recovered the gun believed to be the one used to kill the popular teacher in Marin County when they made the arrests in Oregon.

Marin County Sheriff's Lt. Doug Pittman said the three suspects will be extradited to California".

OT--Snoopster was kind enough to alert us on the David Grubbs thread to the history Morrison Haze Lampley has with a sword. David was decapitated on a bike path in Ashland Oregon in November 2011 with a possible swordlike weapon. It has never been solved. Here's hoping LE can link him somehow if he's the killer. Ashland is right off Interstate 5.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2011-Bike-Path-Murder&p=12109980#post12109980

These are horrible people. According to Lampley's FB page, he has killed before.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Suspects-in-two-high-profile-Bay-Area-killings-6561227.php

OT--Snoopster was kind enough to alert us on the David Grubbs thread to the history Morrison Haze Lampley has with a sword. David was decapitated on a bike path in Ashland Oregon in November 2011 with a possible swordlike weapon. It has never been solved. Here's hoping LE can link him somehow if he's the killer. Ashland is right off Interstate 5.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2011-Bike-Path-Murder&p=12109980#post12109980

These are horrible people. According to Lampley's FB page, he has killed before.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Suspects-in-two-high-profile-Bay-Area-killings-6561227.php

From the SF Gate article. I was wondering how they got a gun. My car is a piece of junk with nothing of value inside, but it would never occur to me to leave it unlocked, especially in a big city like SF. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. (And they might've stolen it anyway even if the car had been locked, they're not exactly scrupulous.)

As details emerged about the ragtag threesome — who were arrested in Oregon and are expected to be returned to the Bay Area soon for prosecution — San Francisco police revealed that the gun used in the killings was taken from a lock box in an unlocked car near Fisherman’s Wharf on either Sept. 30 or Oct. 1.

The mugshots posted previously speaks volumes of the type of drug I believe the 3 of them to be using. Meth makes for killer zombies--so very scary!

Prayers to the families of the victims.

Looks like you're right.

Even before they were accused of killing a backpacker in Golden Gate Park and a hiker in Marin County, the three drifters made an impression. Along Haight Street, they were known as “tweakers” for their methamphetamine habits and angry outbursts at liquor stores.

These punks were going around killing people just for money and their stuff.

This is one reason I avoid hiking on popular hiking trails. There is no telling who you will run into like these idiots. When hiking I prefer to go to like a National Park and take my GPS and just randomly hike in the woods. I suppose danger in both ways to some extent.

Its just that the main known hiking trails give me the creeps. I once hiked a little of the Appalachian Trail and ran into a guy that gave me the creeps. I had my conceal carry with me but the problem is when you run into a stranger its not like you have your protection in your hand and someone could overpower you with a surprise attack.

I had to walk by this weirdo and the looks he gave me as he walked by was not comfortable.
The other problem is if you have your backpack and other stuff and you run into someone that has basically nothing. Its obvious they would like to have your stuff. LOL

Its just too scary and I avoid going on trails. Its sad because it should not be a dangerous place but this case shows the type of thing that could happen.

OT (kind of)

I had just seen Reese Witherspoon in "Wild" just the other day. Its a hiking movie of a girl that hikes the Pacific Crest Trail in Northwest US near California north. The movie keeps your attention and overall it was pretty good.

LE in Oregon and California and surrounding states need to check all their recent unsolved murders and missing persons cases and compare the circumstances.

I have a feeling that these murderers have killed more people than what they already have found.

We can even check our unsolved cases here on WS to see if any match possible victims of these monsters.

LE in Oregon and California and surrounding states need to check all their recent unsolved murders and missing persons cases and compare the circumstances.

I have a feeling that these murderers have killed more people than what they already have found.

We can even check our unsolved cases here on WS to see if any match possible victims of these monsters.

BBM

Excellent idea. I'm sure LE is on it, but it would be good to take a look here on WS too. As I mentioned upthread, Lampley claims to have killed a long time ago. His criminal "career" in Oregon goes back at least five years (not counting juvenile stuff that's sealed). I definitely would look at him for anything several years ago, like David Grubbs in Ashland (I alerted LE).

I wonder how long this current trio has been together. They (he) killed two people in three (?) days, so the odds are good they were on a Lampley-led spree fueled by meth. JMO

November 19:
Drifters accused in SF, Marin homicides plead not guilty

Morrison Haze Lampley, 23, Sean Michael Angold, 24, both of San Francisco, and Lila Scott Alligood, 18, of San Rafael entered pleas to the murders of therapist Steven Carter, 67, of Fairfax on Oct. 5 and Audrey Carey, 23, a tourist from Quebec, Canada, found dead in Golden Gate Park on Oct. 2.

The preliminary hearing is now set for May 9th and is expected to last about two weeks.

The epitome of slimeball behavior, imo. Why is everyone so big and brave when they allegedly, hurt and kill innocent people ( and dogs) but turn into quivering little " not guilty" wimps when caught?!
imo, speculation.

"The three defendants are charged with special circumstances of lying in wait, multiple murder and murder during commission of a robbery. They face life in prison without parole or the death penalty.

All three defendants were allegedly armed during the murder but Lampley is identified in the complaint as the shooter.

Lampley also is named as the defendant who shot Carter's female doberman pinscher Coco, who was still leashed to Carter when he was slain. He is charged with animal cruelty."
rbbm.

Slimeball behavior is a great way to put it. All the words and phrases I can come up with are nsfw.

:mad:

Such horrible creeps.

I love how they are now "of" SF and San Rafael when they were described as homeless with no addresses in the early articles. Lampley is originally from Portland, OR with a substantial rap sheet, and the girl is from Hawaii. Lampley is still on my list as a prime suspect in the sword murder of David Grubbs in Ashland, OR.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-23-Ashland-Nov-2011-Bike-Path-Murder/page20

As far as pleading "not guilty" goes, that's pretty standard procedure, and a wise thing to do initially, even though it's upsetting. Technically, it's up to the state to prove guilt, even though they are clearly guilty. I hope they will end up working out a guilty plea in exchange for LWOP so the families and the state don't have to endure a trial. That would be the right thing to do, assuming they are capable of that.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth
Back