Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to clarify something. BB kissing SW was not a true "sexual" advance...a learned behavior. We all have "kissed a babies face"...kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss. Baby giggles. Unlearning a "long forgotten" "loving" facial sight sound expressions is puzzling.

What are you even talking about?

It's clear elsewhere. Blaze rebuffed. Blaze texted that he promised not to tell but, "uh oh, I've told everyone. "
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right. Thanks. General consensus recently is that the Phil Enquirer got things confused, and it was indeed Blaze who sent the text.

TBH we don't even know if Sam knew he was outed or how far his outing went. I'll be honest if someone told me that someone was gay, I wouldn't run around and tell everyone?

What does "outed" mean - did he tell about a hook up ?

Someone said at some point when POI name was finally said that they had a relationship a few years ago. It may be that more people knew than what are expecting. He may be bi?

We keep looking at this as a revenge thing and I am not so sure it was. There are many motives that could have caused this - again - none of them Blaze's fault. We're going down a rabbit hole and discussing it to death and there is nothing in the affadavit that states this is the reason. I get it that we are speculating but lets not go too far to demonize the victim.

Another thing that keeps being talked about is that Blaze didn't tell his parents. When I was 19 if I left my house to go "pick up" or "hook up" , I surely wouldn't tell my parents. I would just leave also. He didn't need permission obviously.

I also hooked up with people that didn't know my address back in the day. Totally unsafe but I did.

We have to be careful not to make speculation fact over the course of 5 threads.

The details will become public but it may not be until the trial.

I agree.

I should have been clearer. The info ('report') about imgur was based on a post in these forums yesterday (Monday) afternoon, around the same time that the iFunny links were posted. Poster thought the imgur account was actually linked in here somewhere prior to that, but I have not been able to confirm. No idea if MSM ever mentioned it. If it can be found and verified, that would be important as far as this case goes. A Google search 'imgur Sam Woodward' turned up nothing, but I may have missed it, or imgur may not be searchable that way.

I also thought his rainbow flag comments were sympathetic; there are mixed signals about this.

IMO, I think someone may be reaching with this Imgur speculation. Imgur is an image hosting platform that is used mostly be Reddit users to host images that are then inserted into Reddit posts. You wouldn't use it to catfish someone since Imgur doesn't work that way. Just to give an example of how Imgur is used, I've posted a handful of maps related to this case and another case, all the map images are hosted on Imgur but shared via the WS forum.

IMO, I think someone may be reaching with this Imgur speculation. Imgur is an image hosting platform that is used mostly be Reddit users to host images that are then inserted into Reddit posts. You wouldn't use it to catfish someone since Imgur doesn't work that way. Just to give an example of how Imgur is used, I've posted a handful of maps related to this case and another case, all the map images are hosted on Imgur but shared via the WS forum.

OK thanks, I was totally unfamiliar with the inner workings. Based on what you say, I'm skeptical of the whole thing and we should wait until something definitive surfaces.

When did SW learn that BB possibly “outed” him? It could make a difference if he attacked BB when he found out, i.e if BB told him he had told his friends that last night that he had done so back in June, as far as why S attacked him. Which could be seen as “heat of passion” by some. Jmo

I answered this question about 3 pages ago: We don't know when, if at all, that SW learned about BB possibly outing him.

@prue, regarding your post in reference to the affidavit(s), leaking, etc...

I've been mulling over these same questions. If you recall last week I questioned whether the affidavit was leaked or not. One of the other users here presented a convincing argument that the OCR reporter was just doing his/her job well and hanging out at the court, jumping on the affidavit as soon as it was public record. That person's theory went on to say that quickly thereafter, all three affidavits were sealed, which would explain why no other news organizations ever got copies.

I pretty much bought into that story because it makes logical sense. But I do question this new material we learned yesterday. Was it from a different affidavit, i.e. not one of those original three? If so, why again did only OCR get access? Or is it, as someone else suggested, data from the first affidavit, that OCR is only releasing sparingly? I'm skeptical of the latter, because, "Why?" Or maybe I'm just skeptical because I prefer to hope that's not the case, that OCR would deliberately withhold information from the public like this - unless perhaps they were asked to do so by LE before the arrest was made?

Several possibilities - I wonder if anyone here has a contact at OCR that could clear all this up for us. :)

Orange County Register is the "one" major Orange County daily newspaper covering a population of more than 3 million people. LA Times "Orange County Edition" adds one small local "news" section & HS sports stats.

OC Register, OC courthouse clerks, OC LE, OC DA's office has a "working" relationship. OC Register contacts LE or DA's office for a comment. Hold off on reporting blah, blah, blah, we are waiting on a Judge to seal the affidavit. OC Register agrees. A type of small town feel in a large population.

BB's case went National. LE & DA did not change procedures from "local" news to National news. Documents should have been hand carried upstairs to the Judge's courtroom. Judge rules. Then Judge's clerk hand carries documents downstairs to filing clerk.

National news does not have courthouse sources. Local TV news is Los Angeles based. Counties covered include LA County, Ventura County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernadino County. Local TV news does not cover OC courthouse daily so limited if any courthouse sources.

Orange County Register is the "one" major Orange County daily newspaper covering a population of more than 3 million people. LA Times "Orange County Edition" adds one small local "news" section & HS sports stats.

OC Register, OC courthouse clerks, OC LE, OC DA's office has a "working" relationship. OC Register contacts LE or DA's office for a comment. Hold off on reporting blah, blah, blah, we are waiting on a Judge to seal the affidavit. OC Register agrees. A type of small town feel in a large population.

BB's case went National. LE & DA did not change procedures from "local" news to National news. Documents should have been hand carried upstairs to the Judge's courtroom. Judge rules. Then Judge's clerk hand carries documents downstairs to filing clerk.

National news does not have courthouse sources. Local TV news is Los Angeles based. Counties covered include LA County, Ventura County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernadino County. Local TV news does not cover OC courthouse daily so limited if any courthouse sources.

Thanks for the explaination!! So are you saying basically that the OCR has coffeeclatch relationship with a clerk and gets the scoop and agreed to wait until it goes upstairs, but when the story went National they just couldn't help themselves?

Also are you saying that National news doesn't have Local reporters on the scene with their own contacts? It seems that some of them have been on the scene, I could be wrong about this.

I'm not understanding what you mean by, "LE & DA did not change procedures from "local" news to National news." Is there a special level of or varying levels of access to public information?

Isn't a sealed document, just that, sealed?

sorry not understanding this fully.. I bolded some of the original poster's comments

What have I said that isn't true? I'm a gay man as well, as an anthropologist I have extensively studied gay male communities as part of both my master's thesis and doctoral dissertation.
I read it as him saying it's simply not true for "all of us."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Has it occurred to anyone else to question why LE (presumably) let this text conversation about "outing" out (as well as the information about what SW told them about the kiss)?

I can't help but think that perhaps someone in LE finds Blaze's homosexuality distasteful and is purposely trying to garner support for a (potentially) "poor straight guy" who was hit on by a homosexual.

Releasing these particular bits is questionable IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think LE purposefully let this information out. It was in a SW and the news got it before it was sealed. All SW have been sealed now. But at the time it was filed in the court, whether someone was suppose to have it sealed and didn't, or whatever happened, this one warrant was filed in the court, media asked for a copy, got the copy, LE then realized it was out in the public, filed a claim with the court to seal it, and the others.

No, you have read accurately. This is another example of what I mean by editorializing the story (my opinion). This, along with the social media citations in the article to back up their assertion is very interesting and selectively culled from those sources as well to, in my opinion, create a narrative. It's interesting that they have not included other social media accounts that are also available which suggest a long term previous relationship and a prior outing.

Whatever the outcome, the is not reporting, this is editorializing. I can imagine in the future we will see much more of this. The way it reads to me is this is an opportunity that is being jumped on to politicize this horrible crime. A tragedy heaped upon tragedy. I am not about to jump into politicizing myself here as it is forbidden, however I will state it will be very much a part of this trial and the reporting on
It sickens me.

The original link: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...rnia-stabbed-20-times-20180116.html?mobi=true

The quote, "Investigators uncovered text messages Woodward sent to two female friends in June that implied he had previously rejected a romantic advance from Bernstein. “He made me promise not to tell anyone … but I have texted every one, uh oh,” Woodward wrote in one message cited in the affidavit. He later told authorities that Bernstein had tried to kiss him on the lips just hours before the Penn student’s disappearance."

soley my opinion except referenced material and links

I believe we have come to a point in society where the MSM is no longer objective, rather politicizing their individual views along partisan lines. JMO....but that is what sickens me.

RUK

People with metal detectors should descend on that park to search for the murder weapon. I'd check that drain pipe to see if SW dumped it there. Another possibility is he could have thrown it somewhere near the crime scene.

Granted, the knife could be anywhere, but starting around the park would be smart. Since dogs didn't find the body, they could have missed the knife as well.

Also, we do not know if the cell phone has been recovered yet. I have a feeling the final text message was sent by SW after the murder and could possibly contain blood and/or fingerprint evidence.

[QUOTE="newz";13870012]People with metal detectors should descend on that park to search for the murder weapon. I'd check that drain pipe to see if SW dumped it there. Another possibility is he could have thrown it somewhere near the crime scene.

Granted, the knife could be anywhere, but starting around the park would be smart. Since dogs didn't find the body, they could have missed the knife as well.

Also, we do not know if the cell phone has been recovered yet. I have a feeling the final text message was sent by SW after the murder and could possibly contain blood and/or fingerprint evidence.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any reports regarding what evidence they have or don't have, for all we know LE already has the murder weapon. And absolutely no one should be in that park searching for any evidence. That's is LE's job not the public's. Any evidence found would almost certainly be excluded at any trial because of contamination issues and questions regarded the chain of custody.

I haven't seen any reports regarding what evidence they have or don't have, for all we know LE already has the murder weapon.
I recall reading somewhere that no weapon had been found.

Edit: it is stated on the OCR story about the stabbing.

Sleuth, post 1004 is not from you on my end.
My question was ‘which text exactly’? Was it:
1. the uh oh
2. Meet up
3. I did something horrible
And if any others not accounted for here within.

There are so many going back and forth so I didn’t want to assume. Don’t worry about responding though, it’s not worth tying up the thread. We have a lot of info needing clarification that will surface soon enough. But do check to see if my #1004 is not accurate. Thank you!

This thread will be closing shortly and another one will open. Hang tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding