GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

I missed some information early on. Hope someone will fill me in.

Questions: Did Ashton actually drive a car down from Seattle? Where did he park it to go into the house to commit the crimes? Did he then drive back to Seattle to receive the news of his parent's death?

I have been confused by the details provided so far by the Prosecutor that Ashton Sachs drove down to San Juan Capistrano. No info reported on where he parked. Then it was revealed that he flew back to Seattle. I am assuming that they have video of him at a rent a car place if he rented a car/and proof from the airline of his travel by air.

I find it very odd that no one from the family has released a statement since his arrest. Not his siblings, or relatives of either Brad or Andra Sachs. Likewise no statements from friends of his. Makes me wonder if he had any friends.

Here's a link for the Prosecutor's statements Regarding Ashton Sachs driving down and then taking the flight back to Seattle.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-kill-siblings-prosecutors-article-1.1717531.

Thank You. It's chilling to realize how much time he had to turn back and not go through with it. He must have really believed he could get away with it too. What possessed him to do it is what I really need to understand, not that there's ever a good answer, especially lately with all kinds of people deciding to kill their families and throw their own lives away. What is going on in their minds? :scared:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-kill-siblings-prosecutors-article-1.1717531

"... Prosecutors said he drove more than 1,100 miles from Seattle to Southern California with the intention of killing his family."

then also ..."This was not something that happened at the spur of the moment or in the heat of passion," Baytieh said at a press conference, according to local KTLA-TV."

IICR ....Ashton never wanted to move up to Seattle. He seemed to have anxiety being away from the family "drama"...perhaps he felt more secure with his mom micr managing his life. Everything seemed to change when he was sent to WA. He never enjoyed college,had issues dealing with peers, and the weather kept him inside "gaming" for days on end. We always felt so sorry for him. Life was never easy for Ash.

Do you think it is possible that the parents stayed together for "the sake of the kids"? Many times parents do this thinking they are doing the right thing. But due to constant arguing and discord it can be sheer hell for the kids. Living like that can really take a toll on kids in their teens trying to get their own hold on life. JMO's

I think its possible that the Sachs divorce was never actually finalized.

I wish one of the reporters on this case would go to the County Clerk's Office and get a copy of the final divorce.

I don't dispute that it was filed for, I just don't think there was ever a final decree.

OC's court records were always available online because I used to check what was happening with Bob's family trust. But then they banned non US residents from searching.:(

The site is running so slow at the moment I can't even get it to load to link it, but a search under OC court records brings it up. I haven't searched for divorces though, so don't know if it covers those.

Do you think it is possible that the parents stayed together for "the sake of the kids"? Many times parents do this thinking they are doing the right thing. But due to constant arguing and discord it can be sheer hell for the kids. Living like that can really take a toll on kids in their teens trying to get their own hold on life. JMO's

From the OC Reg article, what with trying to run each other down, allowing Ashton to send notes to dad saying 'you're a rotten Dad', etc...I really don't think this couple would have stayed together just for the kids. I think they were together because they wanted to be, myself. It just suited them financially to remain divorced.

I still want to know how Andra - still living with an ex-husband she had accused of violence - managed to adopt two children from Russia. I'm not sleuthing the kids but think it is a valid question in light of the fact one of those children has been severely injured because he lived with the Sachs.

Did she tell Russian authorities or US ones she was still living with the man she had accused of trying to run her down, and hitting her? If she did and the adoptions were still allowed to go ahead, I think something should be done to prevent other children being exposed to unstable adoptive families.

This new article is very insightful and provide a lot of new information. Andra Sach' sister Leslie Summers, who is quoted in the article, was also a 'witness' and testified on behalf of Andra Sachs in the hearing before the Franchise Tax Board (testified 'in support' of Andra's meritless claim of being a Nevada residence in 2000 when she got the 9 million dollars buyout)

If anyone is interested, Ashton's arraignment will be tomorrow, 4/4/14 at 10:00 am. His first on 3/10 was postponed due to his lack of counsel - He said he couldn't afford it, so he was appointed a public defender. I'm interested to see if it will be pushed back again or if another date for more hearings, etc will be set tomorrow. I'll keep checking!

If anyone is interested, Ashton's arraignment will be tomorrow, 4/4/14 at 10:00 am. His first on 3/10 was postponed due to his lack of counsel - He said he couldn't afford it, so he was appointed a public defender. I'm interested to see if it will be pushed back again or if another date for more hearings, etc will be set tomorrow. I'll keep checking!

:welcome: and :tyou: Babybritain!

I just hopped on the thread to see if my WS Calendar was correct...

and to establish that Ashton is still set to appear in court tomorrow, Friday, April 4, 2014....

:seeya:

Hi guys,

I'm going to try and get information on what exactly happened in the arraignment today for Ashton..It says "heard" on his information but I don't know what happened. But I do see that another hearing is scheduled for 5/2/14 at 10:00 am. Says "Arraignment in custody" so we'll see if there are any details in any news articles later.

Also, here's a list of all of his official charges:

5djr4w.jpg

I worked with Ashton and considered him a close friend at one point. If someone would have asked me 6 months ago if he was capable of murder, I would have said no way. He really did come across as a typical, fun-loving teenager. Ask anyone he worked with. Nobody saw this coming.

I went to court yesterday (plea hearing has been postponed to May 2) and he was completely unrecognizable from the person I once knew. His beard has grown out and he looked disheveled and emotionless. Various local news teams were scheduled to appear and photograph the hearing but none of them showed up.

But something struck me yesterday when I saw him in this sad state. This hadn't hit me before, but basically, at one point in his life, Ashton had it all. He had family, friends, love and support, and a promising future. And now he has nothing and is completely alone.

I cannot understand what would drive him to commit this horrible crime and throw everything away when he lived a decent life. He was a passionate person who liked to travel, volunteer, and hang out with friends. I never met his parents, but according to what I've heard, his mother loved him very much and they had a good relationship.

Was Ashton really so full of himself that he thought he could get away with this and return to a normal life? (Without even attempting to hide his tracks?) I don't think so. He was intelligent, and a reasonable person would never have done this. The only conclusion that makes sense to me right now is that he went insane. I have never believed that money was the motive, and I'm having trouble coming up with any other explanation.

I worked with Ashton and considered him a close friend at one point. If someone would have asked me 6 months ago if he was capable of murder, I would have said no way. He really did come across as a typical, fun-loving teenager. Ask anyone he worked with. Nobody saw this coming.

I went to court yesterday (plea hearing has been postponed to May 2) and he was completely unrecognizable from the person I once knew. His beard has grown out and he looked disheveled and emotionless. Various local news teams were scheduled to appear and photograph the hearing but none of them showed up.

But something struck me yesterday when I saw him in this sad state. This hadn't hit me before, but basically, at one point in his life, Ashton had it all. He had family, friends, love and support, and a promising future. And now he has nothing and is completely alone.

I cannot understand what would drive him to commit this horrible crime and throw everything away when he lived a decent life. He was a passionate person who liked to travel, volunteer, and hang out with friends. I never met his parents, but according to what I've heard, his mother loved him very much and they had a good relationship.

Was Ashton really so full of himself that he thought he could get away with this and return to a normal life? (Without even attempting to hide his tracks?) I don't think so. He was intelligent, and a reasonable person would never have done this. The only conclusion that makes sense to me right now is that he went insane. I have never believed that money was the motive, and I'm having trouble coming up with any other explanation.

:welcome: Paris, Texas...

And, thank you for the insight into how Ashton used to be... and how he seems now...

This must be so sad for you...:(

:peace:

:welcome: Paris, Texas...

And, thank you for the insight into how Ashton used to be... and how he seems now...

This must be so sad for you...:(

:peace:

IHAVENOCLUE, thank you for your warm welcome.

I've experienced a strange mix of emotions over the past two months. Sometimes I feel sad, angry, and even betrayed, while other times I actually feel sorry for my friend. The shock still hasn't gone away and I don't know if it ever will.

I look forward to contributing to the Websleuths community.

Thanks for the insight! I'm sorry to hear all that.. I couldn't imagine it being my friend. I went to high school with his brother Myles, but I never met Ashton. You mentioned you went to the arraignment yesterday? Was it postponed just like the first one in March? And why? I thought that they just needed to appoint him counsel and then it would be a go. What happened exactly? And you also mentioned no media showed up.. I wonder if for some reason they've lost interest in the case? I can't imagine they would, though..

I would hate to be a Juror on this case. I'm not being sarcastic. While the crimes are just horrible, the adult victim's reported behavior concerns me, and from what Paris, Texas posted above, Ashton looks destroyed.

I can see a total mental breakdown brought on by a psych crisis, maybe an onset of BiPolar - but that wouldn't fit with the premeditation alleged by the DA; or, something was brought to a head. The only thing I can think of I'm pretty sure I can't say here. It would explain (to me) why he shot his little brother, though.

Thanks for the insight! I'm sorry to hear all that.. I couldn't imagine it being my friend. I went to high school with his brother Myles, but I never met Ashton. You mentioned you went to the arraignment yesterday? Was it postponed just like the first one in March? And why? I thought that they just needed to appoint him counsel and then it would be a go. What happened exactly? And you also mentioned no media showed up.. I wonder if for some reason they've lost interest in the case? I can't imagine they would, though..

The judge postponed the arraignment again for reasons that were sort of unclear. Friday's "courtroom" hearing was actually held in a video arraignment room inside the jail, and the judge's microphone kept cutting off so it was difficult to understand what was being said. The video feed showed Ashton being advised by his counsel for several minutes while standing inside a chain-linked enclosure, and then his attorney spoke to the judge. Unfortunately I couldn't make out any of their conversation.

The lack of media was definitely surprising. As far as I could tell, there was only one reporter from the OC Register. I am not sure what happened with the other news crews.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragin_Cajun83
Back