Brian Keith Montel

bkm1.jpgbkm.jpg

Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: March 21, 1986
Location Last Seen: Fresno, Fresno County, California

Description:
  • Date of Birth: February 8, 1964
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5' 8" - 6' 0" (68 - 72 inches)
  • Weight: 160 lbs
  • Hair Color: Black
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Nickname/Alias: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: His right hand is missing.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Unspecified white clothing.
  • Identifiers: Dental records and DNA available.
  • Other: Medical - Diagnosed with an unspecified behavior disorder.
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Montel was last seen around 2:00 pm at his residence in Fresno, California on March 21, 1986. He talked to sister at 10:30 pm and was possibly headed to Yosemite. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available regarding Montel's disappearance and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Fresno County Sheriff's Office: (559) 488-3843
    Reference Case#: 86-7071
NamUs Case Number: MP37631
NCIC Case Number: M-200578612

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Brian Keith Montel – The Charley Project
Brian Keith Montel
613DMCA - Brian Keith Montel

These aren’t necessarily helpful in finding him but I love memorializing little moments in his life. :)
View attachment 368577

View attachment 368578
Hi, are you certain this is the MP in the top article? The article is from 1971 and talks about the person getting a scholarship because he is going into high school the next year but the MP would have only have been 7 years old at this time. The two cities (Eureka and Fresno) are also very far from each other. I could be reading this wrong though.

Hi, are you certain this is the MP in the top article? The article is from 1971 and talks about the person getting a scholarship because he is going into high school the next year but the MP would have only have been 7 years old at this time. The two cities (Eureka and Fresno) are also very far from each other. I could be reading this wrong though.
I can’t be 100% certain. I took it to mean he was graduating elementary school and would be granted a $100 scholarship towards his first year of high school when that time comes. I could absolutely be wrong though!

95B9629A-2583-42C3-8D46-DC4C709029AD.jpeg
Fresno HS 1980

8FF73F36-53EA-4A1E-9F01-77DDCA151A6E.jpeg
Fresno HS 1982

In March, Brian Montel's NAMUS profile was submitted to the Mariposa County Coroner's Office, and to the NPS Investigative Services Branch tip line, as a potential match to a John Doe found in Yosemite in 1987. Brian Montel's profile and the John Doe's profile have now been deleted from NAMUS, and Brian Montel's profile is also gone from the California Department of Justice's website.
It could be that the cases were matched and closed. It could be that both cases were matched already before the tip was submitted. It could also be that both cases were resolved separately. I will check on Monday.

In March, Brian Montel's NAMUS profile was submitted to the Mariposa County Coroner's Office, and to the NPS Investigative Services Branch tip line, as a potential match to a John Doe found in Yosemite in 1987. Brian Montel's profile and the John Doe's profile have now been deleted from NAMUS, and Brian Montel's profile is also gone from the California Department of Justice's website.
It could be that the cases were matched and closed. It could be that both cases were matched already before the tip was submitted. It could also be that both cases were resolved separately. I will check on Monday.
Brian's cousin has confirmed that Yosemite Park John Doe 1987 is him. Rest in peace Brian

CA - CA - Yosemite Valley, WhtMale Pre30, UP116071, poss foreign, Skel remains found below the NW face of the Half dome, Jul'87

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CanadianintheUK
Back