CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #10

Well - hopefully you will make it easier for us not so tech savvy - a link to the podcast after it is done! :D and TIA!

There is the option to read the transcript at that link. It's full of typos and about 24 pages long.

According to the water level chart, the lake is at a really low level. This would be an ideal time to deploy an ROV and SSS to check as much of the lake near the ramp and dam areas for remains. While some individuals have been resistant to this, never the less this would be key in performing a full and unbiased investigation. The low level of Lake Mead has resulted in the discovery of a growing number of remains. ROV search along with Side Scan Sonar is not as expensive as other methods. Unless LE has credible evidence that this is a walk-a-way, a lake search is appropriate. Texas Equuesearch has a very good track record finding remains in rivers, in some cases many years later, using SSS. They would be my first choice to bring in.

The two likely scenarios to me is that either Bryce ended his life or he tried to, couldn't or was unsuccessful, and decided to walk away and try to start a new life. In either scenario, it feels like the parents are contributors to the final decision, because it sounded like Bryce wanted to confront his parents about something, but got cold feet, lost confidence, and didn't know what he could do. He spent all those hours trying to figure it out and eventually decided he wanted to end his life.

For me, I believe Bryce is still alive, but he doesn't want to be found by his family. I think he's farther away than we think, like Northeast US or Canada. Wherever he is, I hope he's found happiness.

The only reason to search the lake is to rule it out completely. To me, the evidence shows that he circumnavigated the gate by going off road, not knowing about the drop off and crashed the SUV. I honestly think he was trying to put the SUV in the lake. It it was suicide, he then most likely he drowned himself in the lake. It the intent was walkaway, he realized he could not get the crashed SUV into the lake, took what he needed and walked away to a new life. There are a few possible scenario's, but the only way to rule some out is to do the investigative legwork. Search the lake, search the surrounding countryside and if they come up negative, it points to walkaway. I also don't think we know a fraction of what was going on in his life and what motivated his going missing.

The only reason to search the lake is to rule it out completely. To me, the evidence shows that he circumnavigated the gate by going off road, not knowing about the drop off and crashed the SUV. I honestly think he was trying to put the SUV in the lake. It it was suicide, he then most likely he drowned himself in the lake. It the intent was walkaway, he realized he could not get the crashed SUV into the lake, took what he needed and walked away to a new life. There are a few possible scenario's, but the only way to rule some out is to do the investigative legwork. Search the lake, search the surrounding countryside and if they come up negative, it points to walkaway. I also don't think we know a fraction of what was going on in his life and what motivated his going missing.
What holds me back from him leaving to start a new life is the fact he was trying to get back home, not go away from it.

I don’t think there’s a gate. They might put a chain across but no gate to be seen in google earth.

This BL is especially tragic, given that he had everything going for him (college, gf, loving family). But, things just started falling apart for him right before he vanished.

It seems that he intentionally drove the car over the cliff/ravine, but what happened to him after that?! Since there was blood found in the car, it seems evident that he was injured (possibly very seriously) in the accident. Obviously, he wandered off from the crash site/car. But, where is he now?!

-Unfortunately, I do think he's deceased. But, I don't know why they haven't found the body yet.

-I don't feel that he was able to go "off the grid" and start a new life somewhere. To do that, he would need $ - and I don't think he had any/much with him when he vanished. Going along with this, it wasn't clear if anyone had tried to access his accounts after he disappeared - I suspect not. Also - it sounds like he had mental issues & also had abused drugs before he vanished.

He could be living rough/homeless somewhere. But, if so - it would be tough to track him down, given that people in these communities move around a lot/have no real fixed address(es).

Hopefully his parents/family will find out what happened to him & get closure.

Maybe it truly is all they have to offer but $5k seems like a relatively low reward amount to me. Then again, there are reward offerings of $100k+ for other cold cases that have failed to coax or entice anyone with valuable info into coming forward.

I only stumbled upon this case recently. I think his name was mentioned in a different thread I follow on here. Based on everything I’ve since read about it I believe Bryce survived the car wreck, but I’m undecided on whether he disappeared from the scene with purpose or as a result of a head injury from said wreck. In any case, I want to believe Bryce is still out there and if he is I wholeheartedly hope he is safe.

Last edited:
Yeah man you have been on this thread since the beginning. I think over the 10 years that has elapsed you have identified every single time these people could have searched this lake just as a rule out. I can’t remember but wasn’t it you that either volunteered or knew a group who would have done it for free? They just don’t want to.

You are dead right about only knowing a fraction and I would go even farther and say some of the provided info was downright inaccurate.

But searching the lake 10 years too late? I’m not sure they would find anything. Skeletal remains would have likely been covered over by the muck of the lake bottom and possibly broken apart and dispersed. Sonar wouldn't work in that case and since there is no car to locate, I think it’s just not possible. Even if the lake was empty, you’d have to dig into the soil itself and that would take forever if you did it over every square inch. Yes, a lake search would have provided answers (even if it was “nothing found”), but I suspect it’s far too late for that now.

The two likely scenarios to me is that either Bryce ended his life or he tried to, couldn't or was unsuccessful, and decided to walk away and try to start a new life. In either scenario, it feels like the parents are contributors to the final decision, because it sounded like Bryce wanted to confront his parents about something, but got cold feet, lost confidence, and didn't know what he could do. He spent all those hours trying to figure it out and eventually decided he wanted to end his life.

For me, I believe Bryce is still alive, but he doesn't want to be found by his family. I think he's farther away than we think, like Northeast US or Canada. Wherever he is, I hope he's found happiness.
Poor Bryce.

This BL is especially tragic, given that he had everything going for him (college, gf, loving family). But, things just started falling apart for him right before he vanished.

It seems that he intentionally drove the car over the cliff/ravine, but what happened to him after that?! Since there was blood found in the car, it seems evident that he was injured (possibly very seriously) in the accident. Obviously, he wandered off from the crash site/car. But, where is he now?!

-Unfortunately, I do think he's deceased. But, I don't know why they haven't found the body yet.

-I don't feel that he was able to go "off the grid" and start a new life somewhere. To do that, he would need $ - and I don't think he had any/much with him when he vanished. Going along with this, it wasn't clear if anyone had tried to access his accounts after he disappeared - I suspect not. Also - it sounds like he had mental issues & also had abused drugs before he vanished.

He could be living rough/homeless somewhere. But, if so - it would be tough to track him down, given that people in these communities move around a lot/have no real fixed address(es).

Hopefully his parents/family will find out what happened to him & get closure.
Think about him daily. I look at each person I walk by. Hoping I see him

Just not knowing is so incredibly painful for family and friends. We will never forget him. Ever. Also people have always questioned and I still hear recent podcasts that question, why he was in a school so far up north. At the time there was only 2 Jr colleges in the state that have dorms on campus. Where is he?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back