CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
O?T ghostwheel, you may well be left dominant- were you possibly encouraged(forced) to learn to write with your left hand? That does & has happened in some societies.
IMHO

OT/ I'm left-handed but write with my right had. Full disclosure, I broke my left hand the week before school.

any locals to the area that can tell me if lights from the 5 and Castaic would be visible from where the vehicle exited the roadway, considering there was a third quarter moon that night? And the lake area doesn't to appear to have much, if any, street lighting, making it a dark area?
TIA

I so want this boy found. Not posting much because I don't have much to suggest but think of him daily and hope that something pops up. Time passing makes me extremely nervous and worried. All these men I follow. Several currently. Hoping it's all voluntary but nothing makes sense. Ps. Thanks drag for the update. I think of you often as I can't imagine how you must feel and I count my blessings daily for what life is without critical worry.

I know nothing about tracking but I'm thinking you'd just wander off in a straight line...to Canada, the oceans or Mexico! Hiding head in shame, just noticed you asked a serious question. I'll let Tracker answer....

:facepalm:

I was going to answer the same way! LOL! I'm right handed, but tend to go left when given the choice. No idea WHY, but when I take the dogs on a walk, I go out the door, turn left, get to the driveway, and go left again. My husband always takes them to the right!

Yeah, I don't have much to offer. Wish some of those sightings had panned out and that there was more to go on than the alleged purple truck. Hoping for the best.

I know nothing about tracking but I'm thinking you'd just wander off in a straight line...to Canada, the oceans or Mexico! Hiding head in shame, just noticed you asked a serious question. I'll let Tracker answer....

:facepalm:

I was thinking we'd just go around in circles! :scared: I always wrote and ate right-handed but some things I naturally did left-handed, or even using either hand. I'm using my mouse with my left hand now, but use my right hand on my mouse at work. Some things came naturally, others I had to adjust due to neck and shoulder injuries.

Were both set of dogs bloodhounds? I was thinking that, since there was some blood at the crash scene suggesting Bryce had been injured, he may have gone down to the lake to wash off the blood before heading in the opposite direction. If one set of dogs were bloodhounds and the other scent dogs, wouldn't they hone in on something different?

I so want this boy found. Not posting much because I don't have much to suggest but think of him daily and hope that something pops up. Time passing makes me extremely nervous and worried. All these men I follow. Several currently. Hoping it's all voluntary but nothing makes sense. Ps. Thanks drag for the update. I think of you often as I can't imagine how you must feel and I count my blessings daily for what life is without critical worry.

BBM

This. <3

O/T ghostwheel, you may well be left dominant- were you possibly encouraged(forced) to learn to write with your left hand? That does & has happened in some societies.
IMHO
Nope, just have always been mixed up ;). You should see me write upside down. I just wonder which direction someone would be more likely to go if they did use both hands/feet, rather than predominately one.

Well one thing is for sure, he can't be at all those places at the same time! That's all I know.

No lefty is a true lefty in everything because they live in a right handed world and have to adapt. There are just some things that can only be done with the right hand.

I'm a lefty. I eat, write, bowl left handed. Throw horseshoes right handed. Use my mouse right handed. Never learned to do a 10 key because it's on the right side of the computer. I think which ever hand is more prominent is the one that you will naturally follow.

When I do something that is right handed, I approach it, mentally reverse what I'd naturally do, then do it that way.

I hope it was Bryce who was seen at K-Mart 5 days ago in Tehachapi. And I hope he stays there so that he's found soon.

No lefty is a true lefty in everything because they live in a right handed world and have to adapt. There are just some things that can only be done with the right hand.

I'm a lefty. I eat, write, bowl left handed. Throw horseshoes right handed. Use my mouse right handed. Never learned to do a 10 key because it's on the right side of the computer. I think which ever hand is more prominent is the one that you will naturally follow.

When I do something that is right handed, I approach it, mentally reverse what I'd naturally do, then do it that way.

I hope it was Bryce who was seen at K-Mart 5 days ago in Tehachapi. And I hope he stays there so that he's found soon.

I am SO hopeful this second (right?) sighting in Tehachapi will pan out!!! The young lady seems very sure. I just hope Bryce doesn't have a doppelganger. :p

One reason why I feel hopeful is that the first Tehachapi tip was left anonymously. That doesn't make sense to me unless they could potentially know it really IS Bryce. And Bryce knows them, and they don't want him to know they are the one that called.

At least, that's the only thing I can think of. Anyone have any other ideas on why someone would call in a sighting but refuse to give a name or address?

ETA: Well, I guess they could have been someone in trouble with the law or that has a warrant out for their arrest. :p That could be a reason for why they wanted anonymity. But I'm holding out hope for the other reason. :please:

Serious question: What if you have mixed dominance? I use my right hand for writing and do everything else left handed, from dialing a phone, to opening jars, to surfing, to working with wood. (I alternate with my mouse) What direction would someone like that be most likely to go?

Go find a wide open area. Sight in on a large landmark as a center line. Close both eyes and walk for twenty paces. Open your eyes. Which way off the center line did you veer?

Yes there are exceptions. I was born left handed and was trained to be right handed as we live in a world created for right handed people. I still circle to the left. "Your results may vary". Now that form of "retraining" was popular in the 50's. Since then parents mostly let their kids be what ever they were born as. So I always ask what is the dominant hand and if they were retrained as a child. That with a few other questions give me a good start on how to search for a particular individual.

So for the purposes of SAR, you can "assume" that 98% of the time, a left handed person will circle to the left and take the left trail. A left handed persons left stride is 98% of the time shorter and their right stride longer.

Another clue lies in the wear pattern on their shoes. Hey...I have to keep some secrets. The secret society of Trackers would disown me.... :)

Nope, just have always been mixed up ;). You should see me write upside down. I just wonder which direction someone would be more likely to go if they did use both hands/feet, rather than predominately one.

Use the method I just posted to see. And please report back. I collect data on people who seem not to have a dominant side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kebrando