CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would depend on what the family wants to do with regard to a reward. Since we are not privy to what is going on within the family at this time, I would guess that the idea has been brought up, but for whatever reason has not occurred.

If I remember correctly, in the beginning the family was told by LE not to offer a reward and that's why they didn't. But now that LE is no longer involved it does seem weird that they haven't offered a reward. I know there are organizations that will post a reward on behalf of a missing person but I think it's usually for children. Maybe the family finances don't allow for a reward to be offered. I think early on they probably could have obtained a sizable amount through donations but now I don't think that's the case.

If I remember correctly, in the beginning the family was told by LE not to offer a reward and that's why they didn't. But now that LE is no longer involved it does seem weird that they haven't offered a reward. I know there are organizations that will post a reward on behalf of a missing person but I think it's usually for children. Maybe the family finances don't allow for a reward to be offered. I think early on they probably could have obtained a sizable amount through donations but now I don't think that's the case.

Why would LE not allow a reward to be posted? I would think a family member could do whatever they want. Never heard that before. You can offer a reward for a missing dog, cat, or animal but not your own family member? I'm not believing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not seen rewards work very often, actually. But families almost always try anyway. JMO

Why would LE not allow a reward to be posted? I would think a family member could do whatever they want. Never heard that before. You can offer a reward for a missing dog, cat, or animal but not your own family member? I'm not believing that.

When I have time I'll go back and read Dragz posts as I think that's where I read it.

I would be surprised if LE said they would not allow a reward to be offered.
Being told by LE not to offer one is different than LE telling them they are not allowed to offer one.
If Bryce is voluntarily missing and this is what LE and the PI think is a strong possibility, offering a reward would encourage someone to "out" him for the money.
Like it or not if Bryce does not want to disclose his whereabouts he has every legal right not to. We have no idea, if in fact he is voluntarily missing, what his reasons could be.
As sad as this is for his parents there have been many, many times that this has happened.
I truly hope there will soon be good news for them.

I would be surprised if LE said they would not allow a reward to be offered.

Being told by LE not to offer one is different than LE telling them they are not allowed to offer one.

If Bryce is voluntarily missing and this is what LE and the PI think is a strong possibility, offering a reward would encourage someone to "out" him for the money.

Like it or not if Bryce does not want to disclose his whereabouts he has every legal right not to. We have no idea, if in fact he is voluntarily missing, what his reasons could be.

As sad as this is for his parents there have been many, many times that this has happened.

I truly hope there will soon be good news for them.

My thoughts exactly if he is alive. If the PI has discovered some NEW solid information that points to Bryce still being alive I wish it would be released otherwise I am sticking to my belief he has succumbed. Everything my husband and I have reviewed thus far points to him no longer being here and searches around the lake and area be continued.

Thread 5, page 18, post 440

Thanks. They just advised him not to which is absolutely ludicrous IMO but he could have still done it on his own accord. Sponsors would have donated the money just as the billboard. Always many to help. Too many have lost interest now. The investigation went horribly bad from the beginning. LE dragged their feet. I feel LE made many wrong decisions and mishandled this from the start the most crucial time. First 48 hours. I don't want to get into that now.

Gitana where are you!!!

There's a missing person from Michigan who behaved erratically, then abandoned her damaged car near a lake, leaving her stuff behind. gitana's probably helping out there.

In her case, snow has fallen and family probably will not have the opportunity to put search teams in the area now, even if they want too.

It would be so irresponsible for anyone in Bryce's case to have firm evidence he's alive and not say. I just can't believe that would be possible. It's 2014. Time to go back to the beginning. That's the lake.

Thanks zwiebel. Do you have a link for that case? It sounds interesting. What's her name? TIA

Thanks. They just advised him not to which is absolutely ludicrous IMO but he could have still done it on his own accord. Sponsors would have donated the money just as the billboard. Always many to help. Too many have lost interest now. The investigation went horribly bad from the beginning. LE dragged their feet. I feel LE made many wrong decisions and mishandled this from the start the most crucial time. First 48 hours. I don't want to get into that now.

Gitana where are you!!!

You've made a couple of comments about wishing Gitana1 would come here. I'm curious as to what you think she might add? TIA

Word of warning, you may need about a week of spare time to read Teleka's threads!

I feel I've neglected Bryce and others as a result.

I still believe Bryce is deceased. When I discuss Bryce with my 23 year old younger son junior in college he reminds me of our own experiences because I can be quite overprotective. Sometimes my son needs his space and wants to be left alone he tells me and I back off. His friends tell me that he will call me soon so I immediately BACK OFF and know he's ok. Not press further to push him further away. I respect and honor his wishes till he comes forward. He always does once I stop calling and texting him 24/7 This is why I'm not buying this story with Bryce. Why are his parents trying so hard to know if he is Ok? Because they have no idea nor no signal. I believe because he is not alive to tell them. Why not just send a note or message "hey mom and dad I'm ok" I just need a break to get my head together. I love you and will contact you soon. Then mom and Dad would back off right? They would know he's ok. This is why I am not buying this. He would have come forward by now privately to a family member so this media attention would stop. No 19yr wants this media crap if they are alive.

The truth is, we really don't know anything about him or his relationship with his parents - only what his mom says. If you go through and read his past posts on his personal Facebook page, he's quite a different character than the sweet innocent boy we're imagining. I'm not saying he's a bad person, but he seems to have a history of slightly unstable behavior with grades, drugs, job, car. I can now totally see him walking away with a "screw you" kind of attitude. Apparently he's also quite the artist, and a friend of his commented on a design he posted that he should work as a tattoo artist. Maybe he could be working under the table at a tattoo parlor?

The truth is, we really don't know anything about him or his relationship with his parents - only what his mom says. If you go through and read his past posts on his personal Facebook page, he's quite a different character than the sweet innocent boy we're imagining. I'm not saying he's a bad person, but he seems to have a history of slightly unstable behavior with grades, drugs, job, car. I can now totally see him walking away with a "screw you" kind of attitude. Apparently he's also quite the artist, and a friend of his commented on a design he posted that he should work as a tattoo artist. Maybe he could be working under the table at a tattoo parlor?

We have offered so much help and great Ideas since Bryce has gone missing such as doing 48hrs, dateline, Nancy Grace, disappeared show and others. Maybe they didn't want any of his past coming up. I know it can be embarrassing for private stuff coming out but who really cares as long as it helps locate him. I think we all have had things happen in our lives we have done and are not proud of. No one cares as long as we find him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member