CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that floors 1 through 4 are re-modeled for short term stays and the floors above are the old Cecil. And someone had spoken of the lower and upper floors being locked from each other after a certain hour. Anyone know more on that?

This is my first post on WS, but I have been reading the threads on EL for the past 2 days.

I want to share a link that I do not recall being posted here on the thread. This is EL Blog from before she started using tumblr. You can see her history for the past 3 years posting there. Someone ever asked what computer games she play? Maybe its Ether Fields?

http://etherfields.blogspot.hk/

interesting quickboss. The blogger page has the same quote as the purported tumblr page. Blogger is more interesting that her tumblr page as she at least writes for herself somewhat there. The posts are older but at least original. The tumblr page is just a bunch of useless links, pictures, quotes.

This is my first post on WS, but I have been reading the threads on EL for the past 2 days.

I want to share a link that I do not recall being posted here on the thread. This is EL Blog from before she started using tumblr. You can see her history for the past 3 years posting there. Someone ever asked what computer games she play? Maybe its Ether Fields?

http://etherfields.blogspot.hk/

The feeling of ''you're always worried you're wasting your life'' was a recurring theme for her, it seems :(

(on an unrelated note, I can't stand Chuck Palahniuk. such gory, pretentious writing imo, though I'm not judging her or anyone for liking it .)

thanks for sharing that link, I hope LE is investigating these

6a00d8341c630a53ef017c36fb1845970b-640wi

Speaking of how she or someone with her could have accessed the roof without setting off an alarm or being seen, what about the ladders on the balconies outside of the top floors? Talk about easy access! I haven't seen that mentioned previously, so I apologize if it has. I just caught my eye. Perhaps LE should be searching those top floor rooms first for any evidence! Was that the 15th floor?

interesting quickboss. The blogger page has the same quote as the purported tumblr page. Blogger is more interesting that her tumblr page as she at least writes for herself somewhat there. The posts are older but at least original. The tumblr page is just a bunch of useless links, pictures, quotes.

If you look at the tumblr she does have a fair amount of original writings. But yeah, there are a lot of reblogs that clutter it.

Hmmm ok... I don't want to drag someone who might have nothing to do with all this. The guy who used to work at Invisible Light Agency was in LA, at the Benihana Japanese restaurant on Jan 23rd. Invisible Light Agency used to be located in the Cecil Hotel apparently (or at least used that address). ILA on Google map: https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=invis...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Here is google map showing directions from the hotel to the restaurant: https://maps.google.ca/maps?q="los+...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

He was also at the Wirtshaus on the 29th, https://maps.google.ca/maps?q="los+...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

It's possible that this person stayed at the hotel during the time Elisa was there too.

He is a good looking guy, a bit "wild" and a joker (judging from his Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.), etc. He works in Hollywood and doesn't look like someone a girl would be afraid of at all. Some of his twitter posts are rather vulgar mixed with comedy.

I recall someone posted blog posts from Elisa about a guy she had a crush on who lives in LA and has been talking to? She said he played double bass, played Left 4 Dead, and sometimes wears bow tie and suspenders.

I have not found info on this guy playing double bass, but I have found a picture of him wearing a bow tie, as she described...

I don't want to drag someone innocent in this, but it's starting to look like at least someone she may have been in contact with.

edit: Can someone please post the link to Elisa's description of the person? This is starting to be too many coincidences. I think the LAPD might want to contact this person.

I noticed that the inside of the cistern did not show any foot prints or anything on the ground, where from what I understand, silt and particulate matter builds up - it looks grimy on the bottom. One would think if she was thrown in the cistern against her will or even committed suicide she might "bounce" up and down a bit and leave tracks/marks on the bottom. I don't know if that's a reasonable observation or not.

Thanks Juno. Yeah - that picture proves what I was wondering - is there easy access to the roof? The original articles said no - that the only access was through a locked and alarmed door. But that ladder from the fire escape shows it's simple to get up there.

6a00d8341c630a53ef017c36fb1845970b-640wi

Speaking of how she or someone with her could have accessed the roof without setting off an alarm or being seen, what about the ladders on the balconies outside of the top floors? Talk about easy access! I haven't seen that mentioned previously, so I apologize if it has. I just caught my eye. Perhaps LE should be searching those top floor rooms first for any evidence! Was that the 15th floor?

Hmmm ok... I don't want to drag someone who might have nothing to do with all this. The guy who used to work at Invisible Light Agency was in LA, at the Benihana Japanese restaurant on Jan 23rd. Invisible Light Agency used to be located in the Cecil Hotel apparently (or at least used that address). ILA on Google map: https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=invis...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Here is google map showing directions from the hotel to the restaurant: https://maps.google.ca/maps?q="los+...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

It's possible that this person stayed at the hotel during the time Elisa was there too.

He is a good looking guy, a bit "wild" and a joker (judging from his Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.), etc. He works in Hollywood and doesn't look like someone a girl would be afraid of at all. Some of his twitter posts are rather vulgar mixed with comedy.

I recall someone posted blog posts from Elisa about a guy she had a crush on who lives in LA and has been talking to? She said he played double bass, played Left 4 Dead, and sometimes wears bow tie and suspenders.

I have not found info on this guy playing double bass, but I have found a picture of him wearing a bow tie, as she described...

I don't want to drag someone innocent in this, but it's starting to look like at least someone she may have been in contact with.

edit: Can someone please post the link to Elisa's description of the person? This is starting to be too many coincidences. I think the LAPD might want to contact this person.

If you look up former employees of that company on imdb.com you'll see they're all pretty heavily involved with visual effects for movies. I suspect it was just a temporary company for some production, which is pretty typical in the entertainment industry.

I am yet to catch up on today's posts... but today I was pondering this case. I have been thinking a lot about how Elisa died, what Elisa was doing in LA ect. But, I think we should try to think more about the murderer (which I am fully convinced she was murdered and this is not an accident or suicide). I think it is very possible that the person who murdered her is a serial killer and does not have much connection to the hotel at all. There are a few reasons why I feel this way... a lot of it is a hunch but I also think this killer was smart. 1. because they dumped the body in water 2. because they evaded cameras. I would go so far as to say that there are not many leads on this case. Are there any other instances of murders similar to this case in the LA area?

He was also at the Wirtshaus on the 29th, https://maps.google.ca/maps?q="los+...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Her new crush wasn't necessarily in LA -- the post was presumably done before her trip (since it was "1 month ago" and Tumblr tends to round down, with plenty of other "1 month ago" posts in the meantime...) So, she had already met him twice before her trip:

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/40549046425/more-so-theres-a-guy-im-interested-in-but

I got the feeling it was someone in Vancouver, personally.

EDITED to add: I have worked in Film VFX and currently work in the game industry (similar), and it's very, very common for small companies to work out of sketchy areas. Cheaper overhead. :)

I just had a thought, don't know if it has been brought up yet.

It's on the conspiracy side of things.

What if the hotel staff was in on it, it's been a while since any strange happenings. What if it was done to increase tourism, ghost tours, paranormal investigation etc... What do you think?

I don't know about the occult, but I do know that my generation (and Elisa's), particulary the net-savvy Tumblr users, are WAY too trusting of strangers. People my age often start relationships online with people they've never met in person, called LDRs (Long Distance Relationships), with plans to meet up eventually. There are Tumblr meetups, Tumblr friends who visit each other. It's worrisome.

I almost slipped into that too, my cautious nature stopped me. Maybe Elisa's impulsive nature made her more vulnerable.

Edited to add: It's been confirmed that she visited a fellow blogger in Ontario, I believe it's mentioned on her Twitter? I think this is another reason that this case is really important to me. My generation's lack of inhibitions/too-trusting nature could lead to danger for many young people.

I'm not saying it led to her death, but that it's possible that she met someone she knew through the internet at the Stay/Cecil. It is a possibility, to me more plausible than the suicide or accident theory.
I wouldn't say this is just Elisa's generation. My generation is the one before and even back then, yes I have met up with people I met on the internet - even had a fling with one, and I personally know people who married or became a couple after they met up over the internet. I would say that this whole "trusting of the internet/strangers" thing started way back when internet access became commonplace in developed countries and such. I was in a developed Asian country. Many people I knew met from internet chatrooms, ICQ (god, does anyone still use it anymore? LOL), MSN, and internet penpal sites.

One has to have one's wits about them when they meet someone over the Internet. It also has a certain element of luck I suppose. I have met some creeps that I was glad to just not see again. I don't know anyone who actually got killed or raped or something from meeting up with someone over the Net, though you read about that in newspapers.

Her new crush wasn't necessarily in LA -- the post was presumably done before her trip (since it was "1 month ago" and Tumblr tends to round down, with plenty of other "1 month ago" posts in the meantime...) So, she had already met him twice before her trip:

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/40549046425/more-so-theres-a-guy-im-interested-in-but

I got the feeling it was someone in Vancouver, personally.

EDITED to add: I have worked in Film VFX and currently work in the game industry (similar), and it's very, very common for small companies to work out of sketchy areas. Cheaper overhead. :)

Ah thank you, I'm actually glad I didn't find more reasons to think it was the person I found. She says he's a musician, so that pretty much rules the guy out.

Phew. Thanks!

I found this FB page and assumed it was hers due to the photo being used in media reports.
http://www.facebook.com/people/Lam-Elisa/100005340091237

<modsnip>

She has only one friend on there, and in the background of his profile picture is the face of an asian girl? Could it be her? It startled me. I realize some sick people will make profiles up to bring attention to themselves for some reason, but this is just really odd.

Whoever found and posted this Facebook page, did you look at JKH, who is the one who "shared" the main photo of Elisa on that Facebook page.

His FB page says he's from Vancouver and lives in Sherman Oaks, California - which if I'm not mistaken is part of Los Angeles.

When I googled the Invisible Light Company it took me to that crazy "godlikeproductions" forum, where nutters are speculating that invisible people offed Elisa. My head hurts after peeking at that. nThe company probably chose that name because they thought it was cool, and now conspiracy theorists are taking it and running with it in every possible paranoid way. that's unfortunate, I'm sure there are other businesses in the same place with more mundane names.

Because the new Crush came up again, heres something that I think tells us, that the new crush can definitly be ruled out: http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/40901960749/he-said-nothing-i-was-rejected-im-going-to
He said nothing.

I was rejected

I&#8217;m going to be ok

It wasn&#8217;t going to work

He&#8217;s worked out some things but he&#8217;s handling it in a different way.

We&#8217;re just different people

But I thought for a few moments maybe that we weren&#8217;t.

It was just me.

I want to go home

But I&#8217;m out and I have to act like it didn&#8217;t affect me at all.

I just had a thought, don't know if it has been brought up yet.

It's on the conspiracy side of things.

What if the hotel staff was in on it, it's been a while since any strange happenings. What if it was done to increase tourism, ghost tours, paranormal investigation etc... What do you think?
But I wonder what sort of customers are they hoping to attract from such publicity? The murderous kind? Or maybe the really adventurous kind? I know after this, there is no way I'd ever want to check into that hotel. I mean, yikes... the water, for a start. And the vibes are just too negative from what I have read so far of it. Though the rooms look okay for a budget hotel/hostel. I might be okay staying in it when I was in my late teens, early 20s, travelling. I can imagine it will still appeal to backpacking youngsters travelling in groups, say, or pairs, who can look after each other and don't mind it's troubling history as long as it's cheap. But no way am I going there now even though I still go travelling a lot with my kids and we try to go for reasonably cheaper options to save some money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769