CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elisa Lam Mystery Death Case Covert Video - YouTube
Elisa Lam Case ~ Body Found In Water Tank At Cecil Hotel - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/universalnetworknews (his youtube channel)

This guy has been creating "news" on youtube about Elisa Lam's death since February 6th. He lives in LA and he's also on the sexual offender registry I just discovered thanks to a poster at LunaticOutpost:
http://www.bustedoffenders.com/california/los-angeles/sex-offenders/jeffrey-d-kelly/1869527200022
http://www.sorarchives.com/directory/CA/K/Jeffrey_D_Kelly_1036417

Am I just over-analyzing all of this or is it really effin' weird that he takes such an interest in this case?

That was me.. and the "covert" video is very telling.

For those wondering why Elisa Lam seems very playful when she gestures with her hands/movements, look at this article regarding her personality:

http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/...red-for-cheerful-and-charismatic-personality/

Yvonne Chung went to the same high school as Lam, who was a year older, and described her as “incredibly outgoing” and somebody who was friends with everybody.

“And really, she had the sweetest smile,” she told Metro Wednesday.

Teika Steins, manager of Planet Traveler, said Lam stayed at the Toronto hostel for about a week in early December and she never noticed any odd behaviour from the University of B.C. student.

“Her personality was very contagious,” she said. “She had a very charismatic personality and we were drawn towards it. She’d run down the stairs, bouncing up and down.”

“We have a lot of people come and go, but when you have people like Elisa who are cheerful all the time and very welcoming to people, you just remember them,” Steins said, adding Lam joined her and other hostel staff for dinner at one time.

But even for somebody that is extremely friendly and outgoing and energetic, I find her demeanor strange. If it was just the button pushing, or the little hop, or the exaggerated hand movements or the oddly splayed fingers on their own, I wouldn't think much of it. But all of them together....

The guys were very brave and excellent. I was referring to their comments about one needs to be very brave to climb that ladder 15 flights up, and their summary.

they proved that the roof was NOT secure and the fire exit was not alarmed either...

Then again, we need to determine who was staying on the 14th (or 15th?) floor during February 1st when that CCTV video was recorded.

I'm sure by now the alleged perp. responsible for Elisa's death would of high-tailed it out of the Cecil Hotel and out of the U.S by now after a 19 day getaway opportunity.

Also, you never know if that perp. could also be observing this forum as well!
This is true, but at the same time, said perp could also be at the job, or at the hotel, admiring his "work". There are types like that. :twocents:
I am trying to check the rate of decomp on the body, because it really doesn't seem plausible that a body could be removed intact from that volume of water, factoring in the heating from daylight. I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem likely.:waitasec:

This is what the nouvelle-nouvuea logbsays about the hermit image
Check the bottom

distill3rdi likes this
zebohemio reblogged this from nouvelle-nouveau
edwardshallow reblogged this from parhelions
edwardshallow likes this
catvonnegut likes this
unsophisticatedheart1980 likes this
zm-zm reblogged this from nouvelle-nouveau
elianawhite likes this
parhelions reblogged this from nouvelle-nouveau and added:
Why are you still posting to your Tumblr, my dear Elisa?
20mars likes this
nouvelle-nouveau reblogged this from magrittesque
aaronfacey reblogged this from sensationalizm and added:
I am the hermit!
dark-witch-cult likes this
lightning-illumination reblogged this from forestofestrangement and added:
My life for the past 7 months.

LOOK

Check out the Hermit and
http://thelemicgoldendawn.net/

Loook BLIND LOOK

Or is that not her ACCOUNT.. NOUVELLE ETC.?
Hmm interesting an "aaronfacey" says he is "The Hermit" eerie. Might be a clue or he's just a troll/ Some weird people follow these types of cases JMO

But even for somebody that is extremely friendly and outgoing and energetic, I find her demeanor strange. If it was just the button pushing, or the little hop, or the exaggerated hand movements or the oddly splayed fingers on their own, I wouldn't think much of it. But all of them together....

The elevator pushing is due to her poor eyesight and lack of her wearing glasses. She would have no reason to press the DOOR HOLD button on the elevator keeping the doors from closing and be confused about it, because she had no acknowledgment of it.

I'm sure she was trying to get down on the 4th floor, and had the 4th floor button memorized being on the middle row of the elevator panels. But she wasn't confident enough to know where it was amid all the other buttons on the column row, so made a gamble to press all of it.

Everything else, like the splaying of her fingers and excessive playful gesturing is just due to Elisa's outgoing, bubbly and cheerful personality in my opinion.

we6I2JX.jpg

It just makes me sick that the Cecil sees this tragedy as an opportunity to raise rates. Disgusting.

Elisa Lam Mystery Death Case Covert Video - YouTube
Elisa Lam Case ~ Body Found In Water Tank At Cecil Hotel - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/universalnetworknews (his youtube channel)

This guy has been creating "news" on youtube about Elisa Lam's death since February 6th. He lives in LA and he's also on the sexual offender registry I just discovered thanks to a poster at LunaticOutpost:
http://www.bustedoffenders.com/california/los-angeles/sex-offenders/jeffrey-d-kelly/1869527200022
http://www.sorarchives.com/directory/CA/K/Jeffrey_D_Kelly_1036417

Am I just over-analyzing all of this or is it really effin' weird that he takes such an interest in this case?

I don't know, but someone should let this dude know there is a sasquatch standing right behind him ;)

I just saw it posted on another forum by "smash the stack" from yesterday. He found them. I'm not sure how he does it because I also searched but only found Alvin.

http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-UPD...BY-CNN-IS-SEX-OFFENDER?pid=5290707#pid5290707

I search using names in the news (and on youtube, the UNN posts) of anyone connected with the case.

I found Alvin Taylor's information accidentally as I was searching for Bernard Diaz to find the quote from him in an attempt to find what floor he was on.

The UNN guy I just had a feeling about and checked him.. and sure enough.

The rest of the occupants I am slowly getting information on.

Thank you for the credit and links to my work.. it is much appreciated and anyone from where who see's stuff there from them... I always make sure to thank users for their links.

Best summary yet!!! Thank you!!!

:yourock:

snipped by me:

"Going up to the roof is not a difficult accomplishment. You just need the guts to do it. Because the ladder that leads to the roof from the fire escape stairs is completely vertical, those who are afraid of heights or are timid would probably not dare to attempt climbing it."

I was very daring in my younger days and did some dumb things.
I would never have climbed that fire escape ladder 15 floors up. I may have gone up the steps to the roof. Once there, I would never have gone near the edge or near those water towers. I suspect it's quite windy up there as well and very scary.

Thanks BunnyHop :)

If you look at my previous post here :

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8946124&postcount=1142"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3[/ame]

where I'd translated another page of this guy's commentary and photos, you will see how he managed to gain access to the fire escape stairs from the 14th and 15th floor easily.

He certainly didn't scale all of 15 floors by stairs alone to reach the roof top.

On another note, I found that as I grew older, I became afraid of heights. When I was younger, I used to enjoy going to amusement parks and taking those joyrides that push you high up in the sky. Nowadays that would be a bit of a nightmare for me :floorlaugh:

I used to live by the Cecil and its a beautiful building. it would be a shame if it was demolished, mainly because LA has demolished too much of it's history already.

But it isn't an outlier. There are also other historical hotels in the area that house transients and felons. You can't tear them all down. For better or worse they make up the character of the neighborhood. And the neighborhood would have to get A LOT nicer before any developers considering investing money there profitable.

They probably should stop pulling the bait-and-switch on guests as being some kind of European hostel though.

Yes, it has some beautiful architecture, but a wicked history...that stuff seeps into the walls and never goes away. Sad.

Not sure if it is a problem to post these.. but these are photos on the wall taken from the photograph of Mr. Taylor from the L.A. Times piece on him (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/l...9937.photogallery?index=la-me-cecil3_jv4lrznc).

1TwGTLy.png

The young boy in the photo could possibly be the "adopted son" people are talking about.

Delete this post if it is not appropriate.. as I said though.. this photo was already released by the media.

they proved that the roof was NOT secure and the fire exit was not alarmed either...

These are major safety code violations...the Cecil Hotel I'd imagine will be getting into some hot water

I was a hotel manager for Hyatt Hotels many years ago....This is really bad news for the Cecil

I'm ruling out suicide and "hide and seek" in the water tank.

For suicide, you want to be sure that you will die. You don't know what the water level is, or even if there is water inside the tank. I'm not even sure if she knew that those were water tanks.

For hide and seek, you expect to be able to come out of where ever you were hiding. Dropping into a tank where there is no way out is not a place to hide. Not to mention the idea of playing hide-and-seek as an adult, with strangers, is ludicrous. Did she play hide-and-seek in Toronto?

As for being on drugs and ending up in a water tank on her own - she would need to have all her mental and physical facilities working to accomplish that - going to the right floor, knowing where the fire escape is, climbing the ladder, walking to the tanks, knowing there is an opening on the top of the tanks, climbing a second ladder, opening the lid, and closing it on top of herself.

I think the probability of someone else being involved is quite high. I also get the feeling that the LAPD is quite incompetent - or at least, underfunded.

Smash, can you elaborate?

Well.. first I just think it is a little odd the way he presents the entire thing.

Right from the start, he is acting as though he shouldn't be there.. check the other videos of people taking footage, no one acts like they are doing anything wrong. They are just getting some footage.

And the part where he says "Elisa Lam beloved daughter.. sister.. friend.. WHATEVER."

Also, when he gets up near the back door and says "might have to kick someone's *advertiser censored*). Right after he says "creep up here.. real slow.. cat like.. so I don't get caught". "I don't really care, **** em".

Just his entire attitude.

Watch the video and decide for yourself..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JR-GIhT1ZE

Thanks BunnyHop :)

If you look at my previous post here :

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

where I'd translated another page of this guy's commentary and photos, you will see how he managed to gain access to the fire escape stairs from the 14th and 15th floor easily.

He certainly didn't scale all of 15 floors by stairs alone to reach the roof top.

On another note, I found that as I grew older, I became afraid of heights. When I was younger, I used to enjoy going to amusement parks and taking those joyrides that push you high up in the sky. Nowadays that would be a bit of a nightmare for me :floorlaugh:

Thanks. I wouldn't climb one ladder 15 flights up!!!!

:what::what::what:

These are major safety code violations...the Cecil Hotel I'd imagine will be getting into some hot water

I was a hotel manager for Hyatt Hotels many years ago....This is really bad news for the Cecil

Somehow, I doubt that the Cecil will ever get slapped with a huge violation, given past incidents of bedbugs, etc. Look at all the other unsolved crimes that have happened here. There seems to be a blind eye turned to this hotel , IMHO.

I'm ruling out suicide and "hide and seek" in the water tank.

For suicide, you want to be sure that you will die. You don't know what the water level is, or even if there is water inside the tank. I'm not even sure if she knew that those were water tanks.

For hide and seek, you expect to be able to come out of where ever you were hiding. Dropping into a tank where there is no way out is not a place to hide. Not to mention the idea of playing hide-and-seek as an adult, with strangers, is ludicrous. Did she play hide-and-seek in Toronto?

As for being on drugs and ending up in a water tank on her own - she would need to have all her mental and physical facilities working to accomplish that - going to the right floor, knowing where the fire escape is, climbing the ladder, walking to the tanks, knowing there is an opening on the top of the tanks, climbing a second ladder, opening the lid, and closing it on top of herself.

I think the probability of someone else being involved is quite high. I also get the feeling that the LAPD is quite incompetent - or at least, underfunded.

Climbing into a tank where you don't know the water level, to commit suicide, is

Don't forget about her clothes if she jumped in the water tank by herself. What happened to her clothes?

She was found nude as reported first by CBSLA and later other media outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nerak80