CA CA - Canyon Country, UncFem UnkAge, UP121874, Hikers found bones near the Lang RR Sta, Apr'76

ProudSuggestion3528

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
NamUs# UP121874
UID Uncertain Female (Unknown Race)
Canyon Country, CA (Los Angeles County, CA)

Case Numbers​

ME/C Case Number: 1976-05299

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: Uncertain
Estimated Age Group: Uncertain
Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: April 25, 1976
NamUs Case Created: May 10, 2024

Location Found Map

County: Los Angeles County
Found On Tribal Land: No
Circumstances of Recovery: On 4/25/1976, hikers located bones near the Lang Railroad Station in Canyon Country, CA and notified law enforcement. DNA testing confirmed the remains were from a female but her age and race/ethnicity are unknown.

Details of Recovery​

Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

No Distinctive Physical Features Info Entered​

No Clothing and Accessories Info Entered​

0 Missing Person Exclusions/Rule Outs (as of 5.14.24)

@CarlK90245 do you have any potential ideas on matches for this doe?
I had not heard of this case before. Looks like the NamUs file was just created this week. Considering that it is LA County, I am a little doubtful that there is anything left to get DNA from. Canyon Country is well populated now, but it was a pretty desolate area back in 1976, and an ideal place for body dumps. Kind of like Angeles Crest and Glendora Ridge Road are now.

I had not heard of this case before. Looks like the NamUs file was just created this week. Considering that it is LA County, I am a little doubtful that there is anything left to get DNA from. Canyon Country is well populated now, but it was a pretty desolate area back in 1976, and an ideal place for body dumps. Kind of like Angeles Crest and Glendora Ridge Road are now.
From Namus
DNA testing confirmed the remains were from a female but her age and race/ethnicity are unknown
So theres dna in some capacity

When I saw this 1976 Canyon Country case, i was wondering if this 1976 Acton case is related.

Both were young females found right along Hwy 14 in 1976. Acton is right down the road from Canyon Country, heading toward Palmdale. The Acton girl has absolutely nothing available to confirm or rule-out any possible matches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back