CA - Cash App Creator, Bob Lee, Stabbed to Death, San Francisco, Apr 2023 *Arrest*

EMERYVILLE, Calif. - San Francisco police have arrested a man in connection with the stabbing death of Cash App tech founder Bob Lee, according to his ex-wife.

In an interview on Thursday morning, Krista Lee confirmed that police arrested Nima Momeni of Emeryville in connection with her ex-husband's stabbing death.

"This is the first step toward justice," Lee said from her home in Miami, where Lee had moved from Mill Valley in the fall.

I was just reading that article it says
Lee and Momeni were portrayed by police as being familiar with one another. In the wee hours of April 4, they were purportedly driving together through downtown San Francisco in a car registered to the suspect.

Some manner of confrontation allegedly commenced while both men were in the vehicle, and potentially continued after Lee exited the car. Police allege that Momeni stabbed Lee multiple times with a knife that was recovered not far from the spot on the 300 block of Main Street to which officers initially responded.

I would assume that this Emeryville man was likely in SF for the same conference as Bob. I've been to many conferences where people nearly come to blows over some disagreement over whatever the conference is about.

There must have been a video source OR witnesses to a prior argument or something.

One of my guesses about this crime was in the ball park - Emeryville is just minutes away from the murder scene, over the Bay Bridge. Easy access to getting into and out of SF quickly. My speculation is that the murderer thought they could get away with it, given the crime rate in SF. It was pretty audacious, actually, for a non-stranger murderer to do what it did just a few hundred meters from the big new shiny police station. I also wonder whether there was some drinking and possibly other substance use at the conference after-event that the victim attended, and whether that person was there.

All I can say is that if this guy did it, he certainly did it in a manner that enabled him to be quickly identified. I'm also on pins and needles because I know a quirky tech fellow from Emeryville and I sure hope it's not him.

And I'll also eat my metaphorical hat, again. The guy who beat the fire commissioner has been arrested as well. I figure that last year's battle against the DA has had some effect (LEO's from SF in online forums have said that they saw no point in arresting anyone while the other DA was refusing to prosecute anyone).

It's interesting that these two high profile crimes got solved quickly, from my point of view. Makes me go: hmmmm.

IMO.

What time did Mission Local report the arrest?

Jail records showed 38 year-old Emeryville resident Nima Momeni was booked on suspicion of murder at 9:19 a.m. Thursday morning. Momeni was not immediately able to respond to a text message, and his voicemail box was full.

I would assume that this Emeryville man was likely in SF for the same conference as Bob. I've been to many conferences where people nearly come to blows over some disagreement over whatever the conference is about.

There must have been a video source OR witnesses to a prior argument or something.

One of my guesses about this crime was in the ball park - Emeryville is just minutes away from the murder scene, over the Bay Bridge. Easy access to getting into and out of SF quickly. My speculation is that the murderer thought they could get away with it, given the crime rate in SF. It was pretty audacious, actually, for a non-stranger murderer to do what it did just a few hundred meters from the big new shiny police station. I also wonder whether there was some drinking and possibly other substance use at the conference after-event that the victim attended, and whether that person was there.

All I can say is that if this guy did it, he certainly did it in a manner that enabled him to be quickly identified. I'm also on pins and needles because I know a quirky tech fellow from Emeryville and I sure hope it's not him.

And I'll also eat my metaphorical hat, again. The guy who beat the fire commissioner has been arrested as well. I figure that last year's battle against the DA has had some effect (LEO's from SF in online forums have said that they saw no point in arresting anyone while the other DA was refusing to prosecute anyone).

It's interesting that these two high profile crimes got solved quickly, from my point of view. Makes me go: hmmmm.

IMO.
he is named here

Whoa, a colleague....likely who was also at this meeting or conference?
So this Momeni person habitually carries a kitchen knife in his vehicle?
It looks to me like this man runs an independent IT support shop. So many people in that area have tech related careers, I don’t think it’s possible to infer the two were acquainted through work. JMO.

Whoa, important info in this article. So the two were allegedly in a car together that night, got into a fight, and the stabbing occurred outside the car. A knife was found nearby.

Also interesting was a woman entered the suspect’s apartment around 2:30 screaming his name and almost had the cops called on her by neighbors. That is right around when the crime took place.

Whoa, important info in this article. So the two were allegedly in a car together that night, got into a fight, and the stabbing occurred outside the car. A knife was found nearby.

Also interesting was a woman entered the suspect’s apartment around 2:30 screaming his name and almost had the cops called on her by neighbors. That is right around when the crime took place.

"And the night before Lee’s death, a woman entered the building where Mr Momeni lived at 2.30am and began screaming his name, residents told the Los Angeles Times."

The article states the night before Lee's death. This is confusing to me... the "night before" "at 2:30 am" "screaming his name".

Whoa.

"And the night before Lee’s death, a woman entered the building where Mr Momeni lived at 2.30am and began screaming his name, residents told the Los Angeles Times."

The article states the night before Lee's death. This is confusing to me... the "night before" "at 2:30 am" "screaming his name".
I read that as she was there the same night as the murder, but you are right, it is confusing. I guess it could be 24 hours before the murder, but I think someone new something about what was happening or was about to happen, and was frantically trying to find him. I wonder if this person helped LE with the investigation at all. Will be interesting to wait for updates.

Anyone get the feeling this was personal?
Appears it was.

Jail records say that the 38-year-old Momeni was booked on suspicion of murder at 9:19 a.m. on Thursday.

According to media reports, the suspect knew Lee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5
Back