CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecution asked for no bail and the defense did not argue. This is why the evidence was not entered into the record. The prosecution did not have to argue as to why there should be no bail in this case.

He is safer in jail than out on bail.

MOO

Your maps are fantastic, but I would love to see a calander........I'm going to write down evenats on my own and ask a mod to see if we can add to a calendar because I think we will need one!!!!
This will have many victims by the time he goes to trial, IMOO

Huge case coming up!!!

Do you want me to do it and have it linked with the map?

How did they not find her until Tuesday if they were right there on Friday? that is confusing to me...were they only looking at surface and not looking closely until some days had passed? I am picturing her body basically surrounded by LE for 3 days before they noticed the ground had been disturbed. I would have thought since they found the shoe, they would have searched that area very thoroughly right then?
We don't know who searched that area, LE or volunteers. Volunteers are not extensively trained to look at "everything", they do the best they can. They were doing a line search where they could (people lined up in a row X distance apart and walking the same speed across a certain area), but the brush got too thick in some areas to do that. I don't believe any area was covered with a grid search, which is a line search one direction, then starting at 90 degrees from your original start location, and covering the same ground. This gives the advantage of seeing everything from at least two angles (anyone walked a trail one way, then saw something else going the opposite direction that you missed on the way out?) They saw the body location from the water, looking towards the shore. In was in the midst of some tall, stiff grassy brush. Having bushwhacked a lot in my life (I have a tendency to get myself lost...), you can't see anything until you are on top of it, or looking down from on top of a hill. There was no vantage point like that. Suppose from one direction the leaf covering looked appropriate, but from the water, you could see a hump, or a space where the leaves had been pushed away. From one side, it's nothing; from the other, it's suspicious.

Try geocaching, get lost a few times, and you'll understand a little better.:biggrin:

JVM had Amber's Grandmother on, and also Amber's Mom in a clip, both saying they don't really want to think JG is the one that got Amber. Grandmother said she didn't think she was grabbed by him because it was right in front of the school. They, Amber's family, want to think Amber Dubois was taken by a sex traffic ring, and may still be alive some place.

JVM kept trying to point out this man is really a serious POI by LE. Pat Brown was on saying that in all liklihood Amber went to the same fate as Chelsea. Everybody is really outraged over the number of other crimes possibly connected to JG.

NG seems to be into Michael Jackson again today in first half.

LE searched the area. Volunteers were not allowed in the park or lake area.

The lead detective for the Amber Dubois case was asked whether they found any clothing from Amber Dubois. After he hummed and hawed about it for 2 mins, he finally answered "I cannot comment" This was leading a news reporter to speculate that they did in fact find clothing from the Amber Dubois case. This was heard on the JVM, and I do not have a link about it.

Did JVM (ISSUES) have anything on?
Anyone watching NG in a few minutes? (EST)
I usually don't watch her anymore but if she covers
Chelsea, I will.
JVM spent the whole hour on Chelsea. The perp according to JVM is linked to 7 crimes. Her show was all about the rage people are feeling. The garage being spray painted etc. Amber Dubois grandmother was on also, on a possible link.

22727003_240X180.jpg

It was reported that Amber DuBois had $200 on her to pay for a lamb (school project). I wonder if they can find out if JAG dropped some cash in the days following her abduction by checking out surveillance cameras in stores. Just thinking. :/

I read the $200 was a check.

IF the ******* cashed the check after killing her, he's more psycho than we all think.

Did JVM (ISSUES) have anything on?
Anyone watching NG in a few minutes? (EST)
I usually don't watch her anymore but if she covers
Chelsea, I will.
Hi! There's nothing on Nancy's show tonight. :( So I'm just reading and trying to see what I've missed since last night!

The lead detective for the Amber Dubois case was asked whether they found any clothing from Amber Dubois. After he hummed and hawed about it for 2 mins, he finally answered "I cannot comment" This was leading a news reporter to speculate that they did in fact find clothing from the Amber Dubois case. This was heard on the JVM, and I do not have a link about it.

Something that always stood out to me in Amber's case was that it was reported that her cell phone was turned on for 20 seconds the day AFTER she went missing...This made me wonder if the perp in that case held on to that phone...If Gardner is responsible for Amber's abduction, do you think he would be dumb enough to keep the phone around all that time?? Never know...

I've got a calendar of dates almost done. I'll finish it after dinner and post it about 7 tonight and we can keep adding to it. I'll link it in my sig with the map.

BTW he has now been linked to SEVEN case!

JVM had Amber's Grandmother on, and also Amber's Mom in a clip, both saying they don't really want to think JG is the one that got Amber. Grandmother said she didn't think she was grabbed by him because it was right in front of the school. They, Amber's family, want to think Amber Dubois was taken by a sex traffic ring, and may still be alive some place.

JVM kept trying to point out this man is really a serious POI by LE. Pat Brown was on saying that in all liklihood Amber went to the same fate as Chelsea. Everybody is really outraged over the number of other crimes possibly connected to JG.

NG seems to be into Michael Jackson again today in first half.
I'm sorry but if I were abducted and sold into a sex trafficking ring, I think I'd rather be dead. And I couldn't bear to think anyone I loved (even my pets!) were being tortured, even if it meant they were still alive. :cry: MOO

I've got a calendar of dates almost done. I'll finish it after dinner and post it about 7 tonight and we can keep adding to it. I'll link it in my sig with the map.

Awesome, Then I'll skip doing the timeline!

LE searched the area. Volunteers were not allowed in the park or lake area.
Search and Rescue volunteers were in the water, don't know if right there. Everyone has varying amounts of training, 6 months + (I don't consider 6 months extensive-just me). I also don't know the training of the people that were there. They are all CERT certified, though.

Edited to add Search and Rescue volunteers are incredible. But 6 months of training (for anyone) is not like having five years under your belt, and just like everywhere else, you get varying skill sets.

can someone tell me possibly which trail chelsea was on? or OFF what trail she was found?

The search and rescue volunteers in the water and park were the pros. The FBI had heavy presence. Many search dogs were there as well. The citizen volunteers (I was one) were sent to other locations in the area, but not the "critical" areas. The area in which Chelsea was found was searched first on Sat per the sheriff. We have a heavy military presence here in SD and I heard they were involved as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93