CA CA - Coleen Harris, 25, from OH, went to Sacramento to see man she met online, his name & add were false, seen getting off plane, 15 Nov 2023

Based on what's been reported in MSM, Coleen seems to have a history of meeting people that she originally met online. Given what's going on in our society these days that could be a risky behavior.

We don't know much (anything) so far about the man in California she went to see, other than he may have been "Mexican" and provided a false address. There must be some reason she went to see him, but at this point I haven't seen an explanation for that. Her phone records could contain information about this man, and why she went to visit him in the first place. I'm expecting LE has already looked into that.
Good post -- I suspect that most of us here have the same thoughts. SMH.
Hoping this turns out to be okay & safe for her, but SMH and not expecting good news. (Still, I am crossing my fingers for her being okay and safe.)

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Some insight into her personality..

Relatives told 7News Coleen “was picked on in school,” and turned to the Internet as an outlet to make friends.”

[…]
It’s a mess,” said one cousin close to Coleen.

“She’s smart, but she lacks confidence and seeks validation from other people,” noted the cousin. “She trusts everybody. But we grew up watching Investigation Discovery. She knows better than this.”

[…]
“She’s smart but she’s kind-hearted and she believes everything she hears from people,” the cousin noted.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the man she was to meet up with gave a false name. Have they located this man? Have they checked to see if she’s taken Greyhound, Amtrak, other flights out? Has she accessed her bank account, used her phone, credit cards? Did she take a passport with her? They tried hospitals, jails, morgues, but what about shelters?

Based on her FB likes, she’s into gaming and anime. Check her devices for who she’s been gaming with. That could be who she planned to meet up with.

Last edited:
I do know that Martins Ferry, Ohio is across the Ohio River from Wheeling, West Virginia.

If she took a flight to Sacramento, she would either would have to go to the airport in Pittsburgh or in Columbus.

Pittsburgh would be a 75 minute drive and Columbus would be a two hours drive from Martin's Ferry.

How did she get to the airport from Martin's Ferry? Does she have a driver's license or did someone take her to the airport? After arriving at Sacramento, how did she get around Sacramento from the airport?

It would also be interesting to understand why Coleen flew from Ohio to California to meet a man when, at the same time, she was working extra shifts to earn money to travel to Scotland where her husband lives.
This was also my exact same thought. Why, indeed.

She sounds like a hyper spontaneous free spirit (I'll spend money on a plane ticket to visit a Mexican stranger I met on line!) and a bit disorganized (how does one have a visa problem with Scotland?).

When an avid social media user disappears without a trace and presumably no activity on phone or credit card...

Since she had a plan to meet a man in Sacramento, she must have been on vacation from work, and that could explain why no one from work reported her missing?

A month went by before she was reported missing, so does that mean she planned a longer visit than a weekend? Do we know what kind of trip it was? Overnight, 2 weeks?

As for messages from the man, and the address he provided being an unrelated address, did she use facebook messaging, or do police have access to her phone messages?

I'm curious whether that address was a house belonging to someone else. I'm assuming that she used Google Streetview to check the address. Is that where she planned to meet him, or were they meeting at the airport and he presented himself as the man's driver?

So many possible scenarios, including the question of when she realized that the address she was provided was bogus, or whether she even got that far.

Since she had done this before - met online strangers in person - and she was married to the man who lives in Scotland since June 2023, does anyone know the purpose of meeting this man?

This does not look good at all. However, I am hoping she just got tired of her life in OH, frustrated with her visa issue, and decided to throw caution to the wind and strike out with someone new. Perhaps she was embarrassed or just wanted to be left alone, and gave a false name and address and is safely enjoying freedom. I really hate thinking of the alternative.

I do know that Martins Ferry, Ohio is across the Ohio River from Wheeling, West Virginia.

If she took a flight to Sacramento, she would either would have to go to the airport in Pittsburgh or in Columbus.

Pittsburgh would be a 75 minute drive and Columbus would be a two hours drive from Martin's Ferry.

How did she get to the airport from Martin's Ferry? Does she have a driver's license or did someone take her to the airport? After arriving at Sacramento, how did she get around Sacramento from the airport?

This does not look good at all. However, I am hoping she just got tired of her life in OH, frustrated with her visa issue, and decided to throw caution to the wind and strike out with someone new. Perhaps she was embarrassed or just wanted to be left alone, and gave a false name and address and is safely enjoying freedom. I really hate thinking of the alternative.
The lack of info intrigues me. I'm wondering about the basics of this relationship - did they meet online and text? Where? Tinder? Reddit? Messaging on WhatsApp? Have the police any rapport of other potential "Catfish" victims? Why do we know NOTHING about this man she went to visit, not even his online alter ego?

As someone who grew up in south central Ohio, went to college in the Appalachian region, AND who is in the middle of finalizing a move to my work on the West Coast, I really feel that it's possible she may left voluntarily.

MOO. No disrespect intended. I hope she's safe.

Did police say that the address that Coleen associated with the man, who might be Mexican, was a bad address? Other than her intentional trickery, which seems unlikely, it's quite likely that she met someone at the airport near Sacramento, got into the car willingly and ended up at the wrong place.

I'm thinking that if Coleen is a avid social media user, did she take a laptop and or a smartphone with her when she traveled to Sacramento?

Most folks that travel somewhere would at least take a smartphone with them when traveling in order to keep in touch by voice, text messaging, email, or online chat.

The person that Coleen was supposed to meet likely had a false name in addition to the bad address.

The concern I have is whether the person Coleen was going to meet had lured other females before that weren't heard from again.

Lots of young people meet up with people they meet online in places like Discord. The covid lockdown pushed people online even more than before.
It's not unusual to make online friends. It's unusual to fly to meet them so mysteriously.

I'm thinking that if Coleen is a avid social media user, did she take a laptop and or a smartphone with her when she traveled to Sacramento?

Most folks that travel somewhere would at least take a smartphone with them when traveling in order to keep in touch by voice, text messaging, email, or online chat.

The person that Coleen was supposed to meet likely had a false name in addition to the bad address.

The concern I have is whether the person Coleen was going to meet had lured other females before that weren't heard from again.
Do we know when her social media dead-ended and went silent? Was it at the time that she landed, or much later like that evening of the following day?

I feel like her phone records and financial records are going to hold the key to this.

Do we know when she was reported missing and who initially reported it?

I wonder what the circumstances are of this situation. At first I assumed she had met someone on a dating site or something, but looking at her FB she is married. Also her husband admitted he left it almost a month before asking for help to find her on FB. Maybe she did meet someone else and he was angry about that at first but now his concern has overruled that as it has been so long. Or is it something else entirely?
Was it her husband who reported her missing on Facebook a month after she went to Sacramento?

Did she have a job where she was expected but didn't show up, or was she not working?

I have to be hopeful. Maybe she made up the whole thing for a new life. Praying for her.

My autistic 20 year old daughter set up unknown to us a meeting at Busch Gardens with an online friend. Fortunately she told us when we were driving there. She’s fairly high functioning but doesn’t have a job yet or drive. Fortunately, the friend was awesome and the next day came back with her dad who was easy to get along with. The Busch Gardens trip was great but when my daughter first told us about the online friend my husband and I were slightly horrified.

I also met my dh online back in February 97 and married him 3 months later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjflow
Back