CA CA - Daphne Webb, 21 mos, Oakland, 10 July 2013

9cbx.jpg

qxv.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/FindingBabyDaphne

I'm so confused about no one seeing them together. Doesn't this Dad work? How does he afford rent, utilities, food, etc without a job? And if he does work wouldn't there be caregivers for the baby and the Grandmother? What about in home healthcare for the Grandmother is she's that disabled? Just seems like there should be interaction somewhere where someone should see them. So bizarre.

Comments on the fb page indicate that people viewing it think that Daphne is with her father and that he has taken her away from her mother. If someone doesn't know the actual facts, the pictures and pleas for people who have seen the two together in the past 30 days could lead someone to that conclusion.

I find it interesting that the mother did not instantly accuse her husband of harming the child. It does not make him innocent, but it gives me pause. JMO

Could the father be prevailed upon to cover up something that happened on the mother's watch? He says the restraining order against the mother wasn't his choice so it might have been a CPS requirement or something. If she stays, the baby will go, something like that.

Just thinking that a parent who is against a restraining order might permit unofficial visits and I presume that the elderly mother is beyond reporting RO violations if she is as confused as described.

Could the father be prevailed upon to cover up something that happened on the mother's watch? He says the restraining order against the mother wasn't his choice so it might have been a CPS requirement or something. If she stays, the baby will go, something like that.

Just thinking that a parent who is against a restraining order might permit unofficial visits and I presume that the elderly mother is beyond reporting RO violations if she is as confused as described.

My initial thoughts are this. From his description him being loyal is not out of the ordinary. IMO he is covering for his wife, or his mother with dementia.

Maybe mom was wonked out on drugs and did something completely out of character for her and dad was sympathetic to the whole situation and knew that is not her normal behavior so he's against RO ? mooo

It just seems like authorities have washed their hands of this case. Were there any fingerprints? Were car doors left unlocked? In fact, was the car even impounded to check for evidence?

No neighborhood out cry. Mom and dad seem accepting of the baby being missing.

Red flags- mom said dad was bringing energy drink for her, root beer for baby, but dad didn't buy the root beer. Adult daughter gets call after a year arranging a reunion? Why on that day?

It just seems like authorities have washed their hands of this case. Were there any fingerprints? Were car doors left unlocked? In fact, was the car even impounded to check for evidence?

No neighborhood out cry. Mom and dad seem accepting of the baby being missing.

Red flags- mom said dad was bringing energy drink for her, root beer for baby, but dad didn't buy the root beer. Adult daughter gets call after a year arranging a reunion? Why on that day?

BBM-The daughter got the call right at the time the father discovered Daphne was missing. The way you stated your question made me wonder for the first time, could the adult daughter have been the one carrying Daphne? Could they have planned this for Daphne's protection or to get her to a place where the mother could visit unrestricted?

I keep coming back to the dogs hits in the father's home though.

jmo

Don't think the mother had anything to do with it, as she was in rehab at the time.

http://www.examiner.com/article/daphne-webb-father-released-from-jail-child-still-missing

ETA: Don't think she has the means to have someone else take the baby either.

From what I have been able to gather, she has been in treatment for some time.

Don't think the mother had anything to do with it, as she was in rehab at the time.

http://www.examiner.com/article/daphne-webb-father-released-from-jail-child-still-missing

ETA: Don't think she has the means to have someone else take the baby either.

From what I have been able to gather, she has been in treatment for some time.

Long enough to have someone accounting for her whereabouts for all the time that no one outside the family says they've seen Daphne?

Not all residential substance abuse treatment centers are lock down programs, some allow for more freedom.

New searches today at 1) original crime scene, 2) Leona Canyon, a regional preserve, and 3) apartment.
30 searchers from Alameda County and Santa Clara County, with beautiful search dogs and cadaver dogs. Dad would take hikes with daughter at this park according to the Officer Losares.

The above info from KTVU news. Oh and right after that story, there was a story about a 1 year old that was abandoned in his stroller in a gas station bathroom, complete with a smiling mugshot of the mother who was down the street at a friends house.
What is going on in this world?

New searches today at 1) original crime scene, 2) Leona Canyon, a regional preserve, and 3) apartment.
30 searchers from Alameda County and Santa Clara County, with beautiful search dogs and cadaver dogs. Dad would take hikes with daughter at this park according to the Officer Losares.

The above info from KTVU news. Oh and right after that story, there was a story about a 1 year old that was abandoned in his stroller in a gas station bathroom, complete with a smiling mugshot of the mother who was down the street at a friends house.
What is going on in this world?

Santa Clara has some good dogs. Hoping that they get some answers.

I am guessing that they are looking on the hillside directly behind the apartments? Anyone know?

Hey SARX -

When they get an HRD hit on a house do they look into the history of the house to see if it can be explained?

I am really starting to wonder about some of these HRD hits in some of these cases.

If the people who buy my Uncle's condo end up being part of a missing person/homicide, they are screwed.

However, if police were to look into the history they would see my Uncle was dead in there for 5 days.

That had never occurred to me before. :seeya:

Hey SARX -

When they get an HRD hit on a house do they look into the history of the house to see if it can be explained?

I am really starting to wonder about some of these HRD hits in some of these cases.

If the people who buy my Uncle's condo end up being part of a missing person/homicide, they are screwed.

However, if police were to look into the history they would see my Uncle was dead in there for 5 days.

That had never occurred to me before. :seeya:

It's really gonna depend on the dept. I think the odds of that happening are so slim that it may not even be thought about. They are also often very vague about where the hits happened in the houses, so we rarely know the specifics. They can also test (and should be), which will give them way more specifics. The dogs are just a tool, confirmation through other sources needs to back up their findings (unless of course they find a body, then it's pretty obvious). Also, going to depend on what a dog has been trained for in terms of age of decomp. Lots of factors, but again it always comes down to dogs are not the end all, they're just the beginning step.

Can the previous owner's decomp scent be transferred to the new owner's furniture and things? What I mean is, if there is a specific hit on the crib that the new owners brought with them and wasn't there when your uncle died, his scent is unlikely to explain it, or is it?

Can the previous owner's decomp scent be transferred to the new owner's furniture and things? What I mean is, if there is a specific hit on the crib that the new owners brought with them and wasn't there when your uncle died, his scent is unlikely to explain it, or is it?

Not likely, unless maybe you were talking some relatively fresh scent and then they laid the mattress right on top of it for awhile and then placed it in the crib (totally an example ONLY, NO connection to this case AT ALL), there's just a lot of things that would have to happen for a scenario like that to be feasible.

Oh I agree with that. I don't think the new owners things would smell like decomp.
I more wonder about the condo itself. He was dead in there for 5 days... it was UGLY.
The mortuary said "we cannot make him presentable for viewing."

I'm guessing that the headboard we removed, could get a hit for decomp later.
They plan to replace the carpet but he was in the bathtub.
I wondered about the walls, floor and bathtub really.
Almost everything had to be thrown away because it smelled so bad.

It happens more than we realize... people dying and not being found for a few days.
So while it might seem "really unlikely" I'm guessing it's more possible than we think.
Lucky for anyone who buys my Uncle's condo, I follow these cases!

I think it should be standard to eliminate a previous death in the home in these cases. :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back