CA CA - Daphne Webb, 21 mos, Oakland, 10 July 2013

O/T

my 11 Month old grandson has been in the ICU in the Children's Hospital in Portland for a week. He has breathing problems caused by his prematurity. My entire family is devastated. i have his twin with me while my daughter is up there hovering over him while he is in a medically induced coma on a ventilator.

I just can not fathom how all of these people are so careless with their precious children! I hope Daphne is not suffering somewhere!

That facebook page has always been "Fans of Baby Daphne."
When it was posted and I went to look at it I was a bit surprised at the name.
Just FYI... they haven't changed it, that's how it was before too.

That facebook page has always been "Fans of Baby Daphne."
When it was posted and I went to look at it I was a bit surprised at the name.
Just FYI... they haven't changed it, that's how it was before too.

I believe that is because of the group type they set it up as. I don't think they can change that without taking it down and putting it up under a different type of group all together. The title is "Find Baby Daphne" but it shows up as "Fans of" in your tab.

ETA (in the URL), not sure why the title on the page shows as "fans"....

Ok, am I losing it? Did the page start out as the URL which was "find"? and now it has switched out to "fans"? Or did I just read it the way I wanted to the first day.

O/T

my 11 Month old grandson has been in the ICU in the Children's Hospital in Portland for a week. He has breathing problems caused by his prematurity. My entire family is devastated. i have his twin with me while my daughter is up there hovering over him while he is in a medically induced coma on a ventilator.

I just can not fathom how all of these people are so careless with their precious children! I hope Daphne is not suffering somewhere!

Prayers for your grandson :praying:

Ok, am I losing it? Did the page start out as the URL which was "find"? and now it has switched out to "fans"? Or did I just read it the way I wanted to the first day.

The URL has always said FindingBabyDaphne.
The page name has always said "Fans of Baby Daphne".

They could change the page name if they wanted. Though they'd have to submit a "request" to Facebook to do so. The URL is easier to change but it's always said Finding.

O/T

Oh Geneva I'm sorry but I wish the best for your grandson! Sounds like he's in the best possible place for care.

I was thinking something similar the other day. People go through he** to keep their babies safe, alive, healthy... or some people go through he** to even have babies, adopt kids, and then some kids live such difficult lives, be it medical issues, home conditions, parents or relatives who really don't want them to begin with, etc. It's so heartbreaking.

Coming into this late, is there any cctv evidence from camera's outside of the store? Did anyone actually see this child in the car? I doubt she was ever in the car in the first place at this point. I don't believe the father at this point. Is there any footage at all?

The store has cameras (inside) that showed the Dad buying a single energy drink (thank goodness something finally cleared up that constant discrepancy!). It was on one of the news videos. Let me know if you'd like me to track it down, but I know it was linked here.

I don't know of any CCTV footage from the outside that's been released or anything showing the little girl in the car. There might be something, but if so that info hasn't been released AFAIK, nor has the footage.

Why would he just buy ONE drink, when there were supposedly 2 others waiting in the car? Wouldn't they be thirsty too?

I thought I read on a previous thread that he was parked just outside the range for the outside camera.

I'm curious to know if they have previous footage of the Dad looking for cameras.

My thought earlier was... if someone could cause harm to their child... why wait so long to concoct this story? It would have been much simpler for him to call 911 when it happened and say the demented grandmother did it.

O/T

Godspeed! I hope you and yours can hold up well during this terrible ordeal. I also pray that your grandson will rally and be a strong little fella.

The early articles IMO mostly said that witnesses saw a woman carrying a child IIRC but as far as I know LE haven't said much about what if anything they saw in surveillance footage outside the store.

But since they don't seem to be too sure that Daphne was even in the car that day it implies to me that if there was a woman with a child they're pretty positive that it was not Daphne.

Why would he just buy ONE drink, when there were supposedly 2 others waiting in the car? Wouldn't they be thirsty too?

Agreed. Particularly when at least one story says he went to get root beer for the little girl, and an earlier one says energy drink (I assume for him?) and water... whether or not you agree with getting soda for the little girl, I don't think it's that unusual. You'd think maybe energy drink, root beer, and water would make sense as purchases. Just one energy drink, not so much.

I'm glad there is at least SOMETHING showing what he really bought.

Yep. Why would you say you were getting a root beer for someone but actually didn't? Oh, because that someone was never in the car?

O/T

I couldn't agree more with your last statement... There is so many of my friends that cannot have a child and would literally sell their left leg for a precious baby.. Then you see all these cases with kids having such horrid little short lives... Makes me so mad..

O/T how prem was your grandbaby? I have a prem myself and funnily he's also 11 months and we have just had a week visit to the women's and children's hospital in Adelaide (pregnancy and children specific hospital) Hunter gets reoccurring bronchilitis (possible asthma) due to his prematurity and sometimes just needs those week long visit to help him breathe.

Hope your little grandbaby gets better, prems are fighters and I'm praying for him to get better very soon

Um OT but are you compelled to google his name and see what became of him,,,,,,,,,, because I bet we can all guess.

Oh, he's a total crackhead with one earlobe that has a funny bend at the top and is slightly off centered... and he has serious meth mouth! I saw him in our home town last time I was back visiting my family!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back