CA CA - Dawn Viens, 37, Lomita, 18 Oct 2009 - *D. Viens Guilty*

If they make a Lifetime movie about this crime, Ray Liotta of Goodfellas bears an uncanny resemblance to 'the chef'.

His last name is not helping. :giggle:

What would you ever slow cook in a 55 gal drum, and where?

What happens to the grease he put whatever was left in?

Jumped off a cliff only to end up alive, in a wheelchair, and still on trial for murder. You can't make this stuff up. This one is full of oddity.
Explain the humor please, I don't see it.

Explain the humor please, I don't see it.

I was going to add in on the jokes, but contained myself. It would not have been good. An odd thing working for defense attorneys is an unusual amount of last names relate to the actual crimes committed. Should have deleted that part out, but forgot once I got serious with the questions.

I am horrified!!! :eek:

I followed this case previously and I have always wondered what happened to Dawn. I read the headline the other day about a chef cooking his wife for 4 days, but I didn't make the connection. I opened the article today and began reading. When I read that it was Dawn, I was just... :thud:

GUILTY!!

Second-degree murder. Jury deliberated for five hours.

He told police that he kept the skull, which was “the only thing I didn’t want to get rid of in case I wanted to leave it somewhere,” and said that he left it “my mother’s attic.” :what:

I feel sorry for the people who ate at his restaurant in that period of time.

Watching 48 Hours: "Over the Edge" on Investigation Discovery right now.

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow there is nothing anyone can add to this case, but I do feel compelled to post photos of Dawn. You aren't forgotten, Dawn.

• dawn_marie_viens_2.jpg
  • viens_dawn5.jpg
  • dawn_marie_viens_6.jpg
  • dawn_marie_viens_7.jpg
  • viens_dawn9.jpg

how did I not hear of this case and follow it??? This is just horrific. Poor Dawn.

I did a search on the California prisons site. David Viens was denied parole in 2021 and his next "parole suitability hearing" is set for June, 2026.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maverick3710
Back