CA CA - Debra Pscholka, 12, Corona, 5 June 1971

That's great. I hope they will update it with information on who she was.

This case has always, always haunted me. Such a shame that her parents passed away not knowing anything.

Missing 40 years, girl still sought by Corona PD

Nearly 40 years ago, 12-year-old Debra Pscholka disappeared after being tossed out of a Corona movie theater for smoking.

Now, police have a photo of what she probably would look like today -- if she's still alive.

"She wasn't a chronic runaway," said Senior Detective Ed Fanchin. "And no one has heard from her since that day ... so it's awfully suspicious."

So much time has passed that both of Debra's parents have died. But state law and California Department of Justice policy require that police keep the case alive by verifying and updating state and federal databases annually.

More: http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_D_wmissing04.2541165.html

i cannot be any any closer than being 'the sister'. while most are right in their info/searches on debra (& her sister 'beth')... 'beth' pains to reach a conclusion in this matter. if anyone has any info, please share it. thanks.

I am maternal cousin to Debra - don't know how I missed that update, but, thank you for posting it. It was interesting to see the age enhancement of her photograph.
I think I have confirmed this in the past, but, just in case it wasn't on this thread, her siblings are:
Beth Sevier
Michael Pscholka
Tim Pscholka
Jeff Pscholka
As stated earlier in the thread, her parents have passed on (Sharon & George Pscholka) as have both of her maternal uncles and one aunt; she has a maternal aunt still living in Moreno Valley and many cousins, as well as several nieces and nephews in and around Corona and Riverside.
Thanks again.

2171 was found in Phelan this was only about 5 miles from where Elizabeth Ernstein's body was found, also the case of Dana Lull could be connected.This was the match to Elizabeth www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1200.html way off. www.identifyus.org/en/cases/2473.html www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2197044.html More about Dana Lull www.imaginechat.com/fiction/zodiacchap8b.html Possible suspect "Lawrence Kane" www.doenetwork.org/cases/889dfca.html www.kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-unsolved-murder-of-elizabeth.html

Thanks, it still took a few attempts of 'page not found' maybe the newspaper is updating it's pages. Anyway, got it now.

Missing 40 years, girl still sought by Corona PD

Nearly 40 years ago, 12-year-old Debra Pscholka disappeared after being tossed out of a Corona movie theater for smoking.

Now, police have a photo of what she probably would look like today -- if she's still alive.

"She wasn't a chronic runaway," said Senior Detective Ed Fanchin. "And no one has heard from her since that day ... so it's awfully suspicious."

So much time has passed that both of Debra's parents have died. But state law and California Department of Justice policy require that police keep the case alive by verifying and updating state and federal databases annually.

More: http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_D_wmissing04.2541165.html

The horror that I have is that Debra was abducted at the park and probably killed a short time later. I know that there is no evidence of this, but I just have a frightened feeling about this case.

Back in 1971, there weren't anywhere near the concerns for child and teen safety as there are today. It is at least good that the Department mentioned above in the link about Debra shows their care by having cases that "go back to 1948, and that they never close a case, until closure is found." Good for that! I just wish that every LE and missing persons unit in the country and around the world would never close a case until a person has been found safe or their remains indicate they are deceased.

Closure and justice needs to happen for Debra and her family.

Satch

The horror that I have is that Debra was abducted at the park and probably killed a short time later. I know that there is no evidence of this, but I just have a frightened feeling about this

Satch

I have the same feeling that she was followed from the theatre and never made it to the park :tears:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77
Back