CA CA - Dixie Arensen, 20, Los Angeles, 25 Aug 1968

He was a minister, so together they would have put up a good front regardless of what things were like in public. Many ministers are narcissists; narcissists are attracted to the prestige and adulation that come with the position.

There could be something to this, but if her husband was responsible, then it might simply have been a cover story.

Information on Jon
I spoke with my mother more in regards to what happened with Dixie. My mother was most likely at their wedding. She would have been about 12 years old and doesn’t clearly remember it. She said she knew Jon and spent time with him and his family who were missionaries. My mother honestly said that while you can never really know a person completely, she never saw any behavior from him to indicate he was capable of such a thing throughout the years. She said the police questioned him for many years and his story never changed. My mother said he eventually left the country and moved to South or East Africa and traveled, but he told the police when and where he was going. It wasn’t like he necessarily fled the country. Jon is still friends with some of Dixie’s relatives on Facebook even after all these years. He’s now in his 70’s and has written books about Africa. He currently appears to live in New York according to Facebook.

https://authorsinterviews.wordpress.com/2014/12/17/here-is-my-interview-with-jon-arensen/amp/

Sorry, can someone please clarify whether the divorce record from 1970 mentioned above is for this Dixie or a different Dixie? Thanks

Sorry, can someone please clarify whether the divorce record from 1970 mentioned above is for this Dixie or a different Dixie? Thanks

It appears to be legitimate based on my knowledge of the family. Jon remarried. He may have filed for a divorce because technically she was missing, and he could not remarry unless he was considered a widow or divorced. There is a process for divorcing someone who has gone missing by choice or by accident. Jon went on to have at least one child with his second wife based on photos I’ve seen. Dixie was from Kenya. Her family were missionaries there.

My family attended Hillcrest Christian Church at the time Dixie disappeared, although I was not quite 8-years old in August 1968. I didn't know Dixie, but as a young child, her disappearance made a huge impression on me. I remember riding in the car and I would see a culvert or some such thing, I would wonder if she was in there. I have thought of this case many times over the years, wondering if she was ever found, so I'm glad I discovered this site. I'm so sorry to hear it was never resolved.

My family attended Hillcrest Christian Church at the time Dixie disappeared, although I was not quite 8-years old in August 1968. I didn't know Dixie, but as a young child, her disappearance made a huge impression on me. I remember riding in the car and I would see a culvert or some such thing, I would wonder if she was in there. I have thought of this case many times over the years, wondering if she was ever found, so I'm glad I discovered this site. I'm so sorry to hear it was never resolved.

Hi Clmiller...nice to have your here, welcome... Not nice to have this thoughts...can imagine that this kind of things destroy in a kind off way your feelings about the world and your own safety....hard to take in as a child. Did your older family members had thoughts, do you know of rumors about this case?

DArensen.jpg
DArensen1.jpg
DArensen2.jpg

Name: Dixie Lee Arensen
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: August 25, 1968
Location Last Seen: Granada Hills, Los Angeles County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: January 1, 1948
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Nearsighted and wore her eyeglasses most of the time.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: A medium royal blue empire-style dress with three-quarter length sleeves and olive-brown medium heel shoes.
Jewelry: A yellow gold engagement ring with a one-third carat diamond and a matching wedding band with a small diamond.
Additional Personal Items: Olive-brown 14 inch envelope purse.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Arensen was last seen by her husband when she left her home in Granada Hills at 7:30 a.m. to prepare a bulletin at the church office of Hillcrest Christian Church located at 17531 Rinaldi Street.

Her glasses, without which she could not see well, were found on the floor of the small office by her husband who arrived at the church around 9:15 a.m. the morning of her disappearance. The electric typewriter with which she prepared the bulletin was still running. Her keys were also found in the church office and her blue automobile was parked outside. There were no signs of a struggle.

Her purse was missing but a check showed no withdrawals from her personal checking account. She has not been seen nor heard from since.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Los Angeles Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Debbie Baca
Agency Phone Number: (213)-996-1800
Agency E-Mail: missingpersons@lapd.lacity.org
Agency Case Number: 02-1731205
NCIC Case Number: M-232673739
NamUs Case Number: 24163

Information Source(s)
NamUs
North American Missing Persons Network
California Department of Justice
The Doe Network

Doing some personal sleuthing and found this Jane Doe found in a ravine right down the street from Dixie's last known location-height, hair color, and age seem to match hers. I'm new at this and I'm not quite sure how to submit a match but I do think this could be one.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Doing some personal sleuthing and found this Jane Doe found in a ravine right down the street from Dixie's last known location-height, hair color, and age seem to match hers. I'm new at this and I'm not quite sure how to submit a match but I do think this could be one.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
There should be contact details on the Namus profile for a case manager. You can submit your tip to them. Nice work and keep us posted!

Arensen was last seen on August 25, 1968 at Hillcrest Christian Church in Granada Hills, Los Angeles, CA.
She was last seen by her husband when she left home at 07:30 to prepare a church bulletin at the church office, 17531 Rinaldi Street.
He keys and her glasses, without which she could not see well, were found in the office by her husband who arrived at the church around 09:15, the morning of her disappearance. Her blue automobile was parked outside.
Two unusual things were immediately noticed by police. Her glasses were on the floor of the small office, and an electric typewriter with which she prepared the bulletin was still running.
Her purse was missing but a check showed no withdrawals from her personal checking account.

Arensen was last seen by her husband when she left her home in Granada Hills at 7:30 a.m.
to prepare a bulletin at the church office of Hillcrest Christian Church located at 17531 Rinaldi Street.

Her glasses, without which she could not see well, were found on the floor of the small office by her husband who arrived at the church around 9:15 a.m. the morning of her disappearance. The electric typewriter with which she prepared the bulletin was still running. Her keys were also found in the church office and her blue automobile was parked outside. There were no signs of a struggle.

Her purse was missing but a check showed no withdrawals from her personal checking account. She has not been seen nor heard from since.

BBM.

I think the confusion about where she was last seen comes from the Doe Network entry itself.

The first version states she was last seen at the church. But what I think they meant was that, since her belongings were found in the church, then this was her last known location—not that anyone actually saw her there. This is why the second version of the entry is updated to state she was last seen by her husband when she left her home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back