CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to mention the renewed attention McNamara's book brought forth along with the podcasts and tv shows. It is my personal opinion that it was the renewed interest (from the before mentioned media and books) in the case that likely led to "the tip". Give credit where credit is due. Just my two cents.
Says book didn't help.

Well they verified he was the VR.

I thought that was nice of the FBI guy to give props to community members and the media. I think they should give credit to the straight up gumshoe work done by those who surveilled, followed, and collected evidence on Deangelo.

Agreed. And to people like Michelle MacNamara who kept this case in the public eye.

73 -76 was a police officer in Exeter
76-79 police officer in Auburn..

They will investigate whether he was committing crimes while on the job or not

Michelle's book didn't lead them to suspect, but kept the case in the public eye, generating leads.

So...it takes the guy from King of Queens going on the news to get this case solved?

Kind of. Sounds like they weren't really working on it and certainly weren't collaborating with other LE agencies to tie the cases together until that happened.

Well that wasn't the mention I was thinking of.. To say they didn't get any information from the book is fine..but he kind poo pood it. Well I disagree w/ him. I live in the Bay Area and I had never heard of this guy. EVER..until I read Michelle's book. I'm talking to another friend that is like me, lived in the Bay Area our whole lives and had never heard of this case until I mentioned it. Just sayin..

Question was asked if his name had ever come up before, answer NO

They have interviewed some family members and they are "cooperative" and "shocked"

Case is still active. Can't answer a lot of specific questions.
Have interviewed family members and they're cooperative.
No information about connection of perp to Australia cases.

So now we know how he was able to escape those burglaries & rapes, he was on the inside, he was a cop going back to like 1973......he was agile & athletic from being in the military, then a cop.......was able to do his recon work as a cop, stalked, etc.....I wonder if he got information on his victims from sources at his job as a cop.

I also wonder what shift he worked on as a cop.......this will all come out eventually.

Another question is, was he at the town hall meeting where the man stood up & then became his next victim along with his wife........oh so many questions, the answers will come out.

I have the same questions too. I also wonder if he investigated his own cases in the Sacramento area, even his own crime scenes ... to dispose any evidence left he behind.

Sacramento County Sheriff Scott R. Jones: "I'm absolutely certain that there will be a trial"

https://youtu.be/v7_LnFNCs58

Yes, in about 3-5 years if it follows the average history of these types of cases.

After that, if he's convicted and sentenced to death, expect 20-40 years before any execution date is set. He might have to live to 100 before he even gets close to the needle. This is the insanity of the California justice system. But the good thing here is he'll never again have another free day.

No evidence of any Australian connection, according to the DA.

WOW. Hope we get more info on who provided LE with the tip leading to Deangelo's arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk