CA CA - Elsa Wind, 13, North San Juan, 26 Sept 1992

The Doe Network:
Case File 631DFCA

631DFCA - Elsa Janell Wind

Elsa Janell Wind
Missing since September 26, 1992 from North San Juan, Nevada County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: February 26, 1979
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 8" - 170 cm, 118 lbs - 54 kg
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blue eyes; Long blonde hair. She may have dyed her hair black.
Marks, Scars: She has a pierced nose and pierced ears.
Clothing, Jewelry: She was last seen wearing brown sandals and a black dress with roses. She also wore a silver nose ring and a necklace.
Dentals: Available
AKA: Lilly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Wind was last seen on September 26, 1992 in North San Juan, CA, outside of a Mother Truckers store on San Juan Ridge when a family friend picked her up after a fight with her mother.
Prior to moving into their San Juan Ridge house, the family lived in cars and a bus for years. In the month before the family moved into the house, Lilly had stayed at a friend's home in Penn Valley, and her mother was looking forward to the eighth-grader being able to attend high school.
Lilly was romantically involved with a 29-year-old man at the time of her disappearance. Shortly after Lilly disappeared, her mother heard from the girl's friends and the man's associates that Lilly was pregnant.
In the first five months after Lilly's disappearance, her mother received two collect calls that the operator said were from Lilly. Each time, no one spoke on the other line, and the call was disconnected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Nevada County Sheriffs Department
530-265-1471
Email

Agency Case Number: 3813-92

NCMEC #: NCMC775816

NCIC Number: M-594000136
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
The Union

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wind_elsa.html
More details.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6824/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

http://www.theunion.com/article/20040407/NEWS/104070065
Wednesday, April 7, 2004
Long article with Mother of Lily.

snipped:

Lily has been missing almost 18 years. Come home soon sweetie. Prayers for your Mother.

(Age progression to right, age listed at bottom of Jpeg)
Is there anything more to know about the person she was romantically involved with?

Does anyone else think this looks a heck of a lot like Kate Boswirth? I think, with all the creepiness of Hollywood, maybe a dna test should be done… just in case, cuz the similarities are striking. And when one runs away, they usually adopt a new name…

Does anyone else think this looks a heck of a lot like Kate Boswirth? I think, with all the creepiness of Hollywood, maybe a dna test should be done… just in case, cuz the similarities are striking. And when one runs away, they usually adopt a new name…
I have always thought she looked like Kate bosworth, but it’s impossible unless Elsa had two different coloured eyes as that is a condition that Kate has.

it’s just one of those look alike things.

It's so frustrating because I feel like it's one of these cases that could have been solved easily if the police had really tried. It's very clear who did it imo

It's so frustrating because I feel like it's one of these cases that could have been solved easily if the police had really tried. It's very clear who did it imo
I agree, but having the label runaway didn't help much in this case, like in so many others. But she was a child, only 13 years old and this didn't happened in the 70's-80's. Isn't there a law that says they have to investigate if a missing persons case is about an underaged child?

I agree, but having the label runaway didn't help much in this case, like in so many others. But she was a child, only 13 years old and this didn't happened in the 70's-80's. Isn't there a law that says they have to investigate if a missing persons case is about an underaged child?
For sure it didn't help..
Maybe this kind of law exists now but it was definitely not the case in those years.. so many kids that went missing never to be seen again

This case is a little strange... The police are not going to make public the name of a person if there is nothing that links it to their disappearance... anything is possible but I imagine that if the mother said that I heard it from her friends, the first thing the police would do is go to the friends and confirm it, and if it's not confirmed, well, that's a knock against the mother... Also, the police apparently know who she is because they have a name, clearly, If they know he's been in and out of jail, they just haven't revealed it, which is incomplete in itself because at least this guy would be guilty of statutory rape. It's a disaster everywhere...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann