GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

A long day in Lancaster - Roberto Dager was everything we expected and more...

Dager would have the jury believe that Stacey Barker is a young, stupid, immature young woman who made a mistake when her baby accidentally smothered and she did not call 911, she did not take her to a hospital, she did not even stop her car for 45 minutes to check on her - after she stopped breathing - accidentally.

He called her those names and more today during his closing.

Dager called out Witness X by his given name - then apologized when Ms Cromer objected. He meant to say John Doe... Stacey Barker was an immature little girl sending X love letters, like a 15 year old, trying on X's last name. She just isn't very worldly - book smart, not street smart, he said.

Stacey Barker was brought up by abusive alcoholics - she's quiet and emotionally stifled because of this - stoic is the word he used.

Anthony was not ready to be a father, so somehow it's his fault Emma died.

To demonstrate how people react differently to stress; Dager told a little story about his own 2 year old daughter, playing in the rack at a local discount store - she came out choking on a button and he claims her mother froze in her tracks - his daughter would be dead today if it were not for his heroic actions, jumping in to save his daughter, as bystanders rallied around her mother. (His EX-WIFE who passed away last year and cannot defend herself) :rolleyes:

If Stacey Barker is guilty why was she not charged with lying to LEOs and desecration of a corpse?

Why didn't the state have Stacey Barker examined by psychologists?

[B]Pat Tillman - gave up a lucrative football career to defend our country -[/B] so the jury needs to find Stacey Barker "Not guilty". :confused: I kid you not, that's what he said...

When Dager was done, Kelly Cromer came back and told the jury he's just trying to confuse you with things that mean nothing. She was able to put everything in perspective and told the jury to ask for any clarification they find they need.

The jury began deliberating just before 2 PM - at 4:30 they were sent home for the night.

Ange and Tori both said several jurors looked very upset while leaving court. One was openly weeping in the hall, being supported by other jurors as they left.

How does this relate?

Why on Earth did he toss in Pat Tillman's name?? Hero vs Murderer = NOTHING alike... :waitasec:

How does this relate?

Why on Earth did he toss in Pat Tillman's name?? Hero vs Murderer = NOTHING alike... :waitasec:

He had nothing of value to say and he knew it? IDK - Ms Cromer got up to do her rebuttal, she was a little broken up and said "First of all Pat Tillman was a HERO, he fought for our Country and our Freedom, he has nothing to do with this case!"

I immediately asked "What she knew him?" - the answer was "No". We're still scratching our heads over this.

He had nothing....

YEAH!!!!! Hopefully by tomorrow morning when court is back in session, these jurors had a good night's sleep and will start their day off by convicting this momster.....For some odd reason, with all the similarities to the CMA case, It would be great KARMIC JUSTICE for her to be found guilty on the first day of ICA's trial.............................:great:

Thank you again LCM for all of your awesome posts!!! :tyou: I have kept up with both sites and you know we have been in this from the beginning together. :heartluv: Thanks for not letting life stop you from keeping us informed.Thank you my friend!! :applause: I think its wonderful how we all fell in love with Emma and were able to visit her final resting place. You are my hero....

Hopefully next we will see an arrest warrant for BB and his involvement in the murder of Emma Barker. BOTH him and SB have shown they are guiltier than sin and should rot away together. May Anthony's family find some closure at the end of this , and as for the B's..........I dont know WHAT to wish them..:sick:

Thanks CG - I'm no hero, just sad and pizzed over these selfish twits who can murder a defenseless baby then have the nerve to lie and implicate anyone but themselves.

Anthony's family has my deepest condolences - I hope they find peace and Emma can live on through them. They have been there for Emma, after SB forced them to stay away...

I have not been posting the Barker family drama here - it does not change anything in the case and it is all so petty. I know they are in pain and I believe Sue tried to do the right thing for Emma. She's just too emotionally fragile at this point to fight the "powers that be". It was her family who showed up to every hearing to be there for SB, along with Gary B. I'm with you, the "better part" of me hopes they heal and wishes them well. The rest of me just thinks what you sow, you reap and you really need to be careful what you put out to the universe - it will come back to bite you...

JUSTICE FOR EMMA LEIGH IS COMING AND IT'S GOING TO BE POWERFUL!

Stacey Barker was just convicted of FIRST DEGREE MURDER!! And FOUND GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!

picture.php

RIP EMMA LEIGH BARKER - KNOWING YOU ARE LOVED!

i have been following closely. thanks for all the updates. i am so glad to see she was found guilty and and anxious to find out her sentence!

again, thanks to all those loyal posters who kept this thread alive.

Stacey Barker was just convicted of FIRST DEGREE MURDER!! And FOUND GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!

picture.php

:woohoo::great::woohoo::great::woohoo::great::woohoo::great::woohoo:

This is awesome news! I haven't posted here, but have followed along for little Emma since day one.

LCoastMom - thank you so very much for your dedication to keeping us all up-to-date on this case. You have truly been amazing and I'm sure many are as grateful to you as I am.

Prayers that sweet Emma will now be able to rest in peace.

Sentencing is June 17th.

The jurors asked to hear Dr Ribe's and the PnR guard's testimony again. Then came back with a verdict on one charge, not realizing they needed to find her guilty (or not) on all charges. They went back to the jury room and I swear we were all thinking mistrial - we were thinking 11 to 1 and someone with their own agenda was holding out.

I'm so glad to say we were wrong and this jury knocked it out of the park for precious Emma! 25 months and one day after her (long awaited) arrest, SB found out NO ONE BELIEVED HER BULL CHIT STORY!!!

One of he jurors leaned back and made eye contact with Anthony when the verdict was read - she smiled at him.

Once I stopped crying I have not been able to stop smiling!!!! :great: :great:

Sentencing is June 17th.

The jurors asked to hear Dr Ribe's and the PnR guard's testimony again. Then came back with a verdict on one charge, not realizing they needed to find her guilty (or not) on all charges. They went back to the jury room and I swear we were all thinking mistrial - we were thinking 11 to 1 and someone with their own agenda was holding out.

I'm so glad to say we were wrong and this jury knocked it out of the park for precious Emma! 25 months and one day after her (long awaited) arrest, SB found out NO ONE BELIEVED HER BULL CHIT STORY!!!

One of he jurors leaned back and made eye contact with Anthony when the verdict was read - she smiled at him.

Once I stopped crying I have not been able to stop smiling!!!! :great: :great:

I am so happy! I am crying, too. First degree? And the verdict must have come back extremely fast. I am so glad to hear this. I was so angry that all she was charged with was 2nd degree. It seemed so unfair and an insult to little Emma. Now, hopefully she will get what she deserves.

Do you know what the sentencing guidelines are going to be?

picture.php

Oh Yes, Yes, Yessss! :aktion:

I am wiping the tears as they stream down my face so I can type!! Praise and hugs to those jurors for not seeing through SB's ridiculousness. Now its time to send a pink balloon to Beautiful Emma Leigh, to rejoice in her justice. Be Free and dance with angels, Beloved Little One. No one will ever hurt you ever again.
I wish I could find a pink balloon icon!!

LCoastMom, I just want to thank you for all the time and effort that you have given to this special little girl: Emma Leigh. I appreciate all the time that it took for you to keep up with posting the many events and details that you shared with the many of us who fell in love with this beautiful little angel...RIP Sweet Emma Leigh, there are many of us out in this Universe who will always cherish you.

Thank you for asking! I looked it up first thing:

190 (a) Every person guilty of murder in the first degree shall be punished by death, imprisonment in the state prison for life without the possibility of parole, or imprisonment in the state prison for a term of 25 years to life.

Assault on a Child Causing Death 273ab. Any person who, having the care or custody of a child who is under eight years of age, assaults the child by means of force that to a reasonable person would be likely to produce great bodily injury, resulting in the child's death, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for 25 years to life.

Child Abuse 273a.(a) Any person who, under circumstances or conditions likely to produce great bodily harm or death, willfully causes or permits any child to suffer, or inflicts thereon unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering, or having the care or custody of any child, willfully causes or permits the person or health of that child to be injured, or willfully causes or permits that child to be placed in a situation where his or her person or health is endangered.

A child abuse charge in CA is considered a "wobbler" (can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony depending on the facts in the case) if prosecuted as a misdemeanor shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year and a $6000 fine, if prosecuted as a felony and there is a conviction the penalty is in the state prison for two, four, or six years. (SB's charge is a felony)

Judge Zackey was very choked up today and thanked the jury for their service and hard work. He praised them for all sticking it through.

I'm guessing she is going to get LIFE.

BTW SB showed no emotion as the verdict was read. NONE! Her parents and brother were there today, they bowed their heads and beat a hasty exit. Her grands cried.

SB must just be kicking herself tonight for not taking the 15 year deal offered by the state over a year ago...

And YES SB, WE ALL KNOW YOU"RE NOT A GOOD MOTHER!

BB was not in court today!

At lunchtime "someone" from the SA's office was speaking with an attorney who was headed to a local "eating establishment" this "someone" was heard to say, "I know someone who won't be working there much longer." :innocent:

Thank you for asking! I looked it up first thing:

190 (a) Every person guilty of murder in the first degree shall be punished by death, imprisonment in the state prison for life without the possibility of parole, or imprisonment in the state prison for a term of 25 years to life.

Assault on a Child Causing Death 273ab. Any person who, having the care or custody of a child who is under eight years of age, assaults the child by means of force that to a reasonable person would be likely to produce great bodily injury, resulting in the child's death, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for 25 years to life.

Child Abuse 273a.(a) Any person who, under circumstances or conditions likely to produce great bodily harm or death, willfully causes or permits any child to suffer, or inflicts thereon unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering, or having the care or custody of any child, willfully causes or permits the person or health of that child to be injured, or willfully causes or permits that child to be placed in a situation where his or her person or health is endangered.

A child abuse charge in CA is considered a "wobbler" (can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony depending on the facts in the case) if prosecuted as a misdemeanor shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year and a $6000 fine, if prosecuted as a felony and there is a conviction the penalty is in the state prison for two, four, or six years. (SB's charge is a felony)

Judge Zackey was very choked up today and thanked the jury for their service and hard work. He praised them for all sticking it through.

BTW SB showed no emotion as the verdict was read. NONE! Her parents and brother were there today, they bowed their heads and beat a hasty exit. Her grands cried.

SB must just be kicking herself tonight for not taking the 15 year deal offered by the state over a year ago...

At lunchtime "someone" from the SA's office was speaking with an attorney who was headed to a local "eating establishment" this "someone" was heard to say, "I know someone who won't be working there much longer." :innocent:

Is it the jury that decides her fate or does the judge? Either way I hope they show her no mercy, just like she showed no mercy to sweet baby Emma.

IIRC Judge Zacky pronounces sentence. The jury was dismissed after the verdict was read.

YEAH!!!!! :woohoo: YEAH!!!!! :woohoo: YEAH!!!!! :woohoo:

That along with the DISASTROUS start of the CA case, Its gonna be a GREAT SUMMER for these murderers!!!!! SO GLAD justice was served for Emma Leigh Barker!!! Caylee Marie youre next baby girl!!!!! :heart:

CUT FOR LENGTH

OMG Cath- What AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!! I also, THANK YOU for your dedication and Im so glad you made it to see her doomsday handed to her!! Do you really think that BB will be charged now? If not, it seems that the DA would have some questions to answer? Let me know if we need to start writing letters.....Im always down for a good media BLITZ :innocent: Thank you again......You are truly an angel my friend :blowkiss:

LCoastMom....Thank you for hanging in there. You never gave up, and I'm sure that you are just completely physically and emotionally drained right now. This case didn't get enough media exposure, but maybe that was good, SB can't claim that she was denied a fair trial due to extreme publicity. Perfect timing, and justice for sweet little Emma. There were frightening parallels between this case and another case which has gone on too long. SB had alternatives too. Such a horrible painful death this little one endured. RIP Emma Leigh.

:angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back