CA - Erica Guerra, 5, killed in hit & run, Wasco, 3 May 2007

That video was hard to watch....poor little pet.

"Why didn't Daddy watch out for us when we crossed the street?" Brandon asked his mother."

OMG.
:(
I know! I read that and cried again. This is really a very upsetting and needless death. I really wish the person who did this would just come forward and stop being such a little worm.:behindbar

"Why didn't Daddy watch out for us when we crossed the street?" Brandon asked his mother."

OMG.

This is the part that brought tears to my eyes.

What that family has gone through... I really, really hope they will find the driver. The mother deserves closure.

after watching this video at the start of the thread i was unable to read the last article til now. i cant imagine what that mom is going through nor do i really want to. reading this breaks my heart. i could never bring my self to think if it was my child. i pray for her and her son who had to see this. i so hope they catch this person and they rot. its bad enough they ran a stop sign into a cross walk and killed that poor baby. but how can any human then drive away?

I really believe that this person will be caught. The video as graphic as it is to watch is also very clear. Someone will surely recognize the car.

OMG - going 35 through a four way stop? Ok, I feel awful for even criticizing the mother before - she was probably lucky that she made it across herself. How awful. No wonder she wants this man in jail for the rest of his life.
I had a twinge of feeling bad for my prior comments, then I thought, no, she still should have been holding the child hand, the stop sign should not have made the difference in her running ahead, across the street, with out supervising. It does however, make me more pissed at the SOB who killed her. I hope they catch the person and they have to pay.

I am so sorry for what the whole family must be going through, especially the mother, she will hurt forever, she will relive those moments of the accident over and and over. I hope she gets help, this will not be easy to work through.

We ALL make mistakes...some are just so costly.

I really believe that this person will be caught. The video as graphic as it is to watch is also very clear. Someone will surely recognize the car.

Unless it's stolen, then it will lead to the rightful owner but not to the murderer.

Do we have any WSer's local? Well, even if not..it'd be nice to know if there are any waterways, rivers, etc in the area...the car may be under water somewhere, dumped, out a sight.

hr.jpg

hr2.jpg

A photo of Jose Guerra holding his daughter Erica during her first birthday. Erica died last week at the age of 5 after being hit by a car while walking with her family in Wasco. Jose, who was driving with his wife and 2 children, was killed September 5, 2005 during a vehicle accident in Taft.

hr3.jpg
Adriana Guerra, sitting with her son Brandon, 4, sheds a tear as she describes how her 5-year-old daughter Erica was hit and killed by a car as the family was walking home from the store in Wasco last week. Guerra said she worries that police may not find the driver if he doesn't come forward voluntarily.

Beautiful angel she is.

Its stories like these which remind me not to sweat the small stuff:(

I had a twinge of feeling bad for my prior comments, then I thought, no, she still should have been holding the child hand, the stop sign should not have made the difference in her running ahead, across the street, with out supervising. It does however, make me more pissed at the SOB who killed her. I hope they catch the person and they have to pay.

I am so sorry for what the whole family must be going through, especially the mother, she will hurt forever, she will relive those moments of the accident over and and over. I hope she gets help, this will not be easy to work through.

We ALL make mistakes...some are just so costly.

My heart is broken for all of them, but I do agree she should have been holding her hand. Leaving a small child to make it across a busy intersection by themself is just playing with danger. God bless them all.

I tried so hard not to go find a pic of Erica. I knew it would break my heart...What a beautiful child. I hope they are plastering her picture EVERYWHERE. I want the person who did this to be haunted by her beautiful little face. I hope she haunts them around every corner of their life until they confess.:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

How can the driver sleep at night? He or she needs to confess asap.
There had to be damage to the car and possibly blood spots on the hood or grill. Someone knows who committed this horrific hit and run.
Prayers for the family.

BAKERSFIELD - There has been an arrest Friday night in connection with last week’s hit and run accident that killed a young Wasco girl, and detectives said it was a 5-year-old girl that ultimately lead them to identify the suspect.

Late Friday afternoon, that suspect turned himself in to authorities.
Salvador Garcia is now in police custody, partly because a 5-year-old girl overheard a conversation. That led her to produce a breakthrough in the case, and answer prayers for the young hit and run victim’s mother.
Erica Guerra’s mother is grateful to the child who helped detectives identify Salvador Garcia, Jr.—the suspected driver who killed her daughter.
The heartbroken mother said if she got a chance to meet the little girl, she would give her a hug.
Sheriff’s detectives announced at a press conference Friday they received hundreds of leads about the hit and run crash caught on surveillance video.
The critical tip came from the Pruiett Elementary School student, whose identity remains a mystery.
“Without the 5-year-old feeling comfortable coming forward to come and talk to her teacher, we would be out there chasing leads,” said Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Matt Lee.
The girl told deputies about the conversation she heard at home, and investigators followed the lead.
“The mother then indicated the names of the three passengers and the name the driver goes by,” Lee said.
Deputies said Garcia turned himself in just after 2 p.m. Friday.
Now Erica’s mother is praying for harsh punishment, saying if she could drive, she would have him step in front of her moving car so he would know what her daughter went through.
Garcia will be held at a juvenile detention center after turning himself in. Deputies said at this time, the passengers—two adults and one child—will not face charges because they are considered witnesses.
http://www.kget.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=e7e3546a-67a5-4474-abc7-59343d5a4b8c&rss=91

two adults and a child in the car plus the driver. i have no idea how old the child is so i wont comment on it but its bad enough the driver fled but the 2 other adults didnt step forward either....

two adults and a child in the car plus the driver. i have no idea how old the child is so i wont comment on it but its bad enough the driver fled but the 2 other adults didnt step forward either....

I was thinking the same thing. As a juvenille I wonder how much time he'll get. I hope his license is revoked with no chance of getting it back.

how old is he??? And isn't it amaZing - a five year old baby girl is killed - and her killer identified by another five year old girl......talk about heavenly connections!!!!

how old is he??? And isn't it amaZing - a five year old baby girl is killed - and her killer identified by another five year old girl......talk about heavenly connections!!!!

That's what went through my mind when I read that a little five year old helped solve this. How the other passengers could not have witnessed this precious girl get struck is beyond me.

God bless this baby girl from knowing right from wrong... and coming forward with the truth, when the adults around here don't seem to know the difference...

The article doesn't say how hold the suspect is... but, it does say the following which leads me to believe he's probably 16 to 17 year old - old enough to know right from wrong:
<snip>
"Garcia will be held at a juvenile detention center after turning himself in."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy70