CA - Foster parents arrested in connection with murder of Hasanni Campbell - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They didn't have any evidence to hold me. They shouldn't have any evidence to
hold him either," she said. "We wouldn't hurt (Hasanni) for anything in the world.
Anyone who knows me knows that. Anybody who knows (Ross) knows he's not capable either."

and there in lies the problem,... who really knows them,... as I've mentioned before
Where are the friends and supporters, where are the people who know/knew this couple
and have been around, seeing and participating in the lives of the Ross/Campbell family
on any sort of level. To me that is still one of the oddest things....

Hell, I'll even take someone who doesn't know them that well........
Or someone who has known either in the past 2-3 years..........
it's almost like if there is anyone they are scared .........

Or maybe i'm lookin at this all wrong.....

red lettering by me

Seems like the people who know Ross well are the ones who were in litigation against him! And the dogs he abandoned....

Okay fine, I'm not willing to give up, but if he makes this face ONE more time

HasanniRoss.jpg

ALL BETS ARE OFF

"chunks of clues" indeed!

So that means the searches of the house turned up nothing. Same with the car.Nothing from those eight swabs, moldings, latches, car carpet, rear seats or car seats. Good grief.

Okay fine, I'm not willing to give up, but if he makes this face ONE more time

HasanniRoss.jpg

ALL BETS ARE OFF

"chunks of clues" indeed!

He needs more onion up his nose, next time - then he wouldn't have to try forcing the tears so much.

Okay, I can understand the disappointment here, I feel it too~ deeply.

I'm not ready to kick LE in the arse though. I don't think they made a mistake in their conclusions that LWR is responsible for this, and I understand why they arrested both of them. It's not a setback really. It just means that LWR will get to sit in his home and hold his breath and watch his back and know that every move he makes and every breath he takes is going to be monitered by local LE ~ for a very long time. Homicide Detectives are known for their tenacity and inability to let go of a suspect that they know commited a crime but that they just can't prove as of yet (<--IMHO)

It doesn't mean the searches turned up nothing, it means that there isn't enough evidence to go forward with charges.

IMHO the only way to solve this is to find Hasanni. He has to be found and quickly. (Or eye witnesses need to be found that implicate LWR directly). As for Burris' comments he a defense lawyer I would expect nothing less.

Question?
Have we seen Burris state clearly and specifically that his client is innocent (LWR)? Just curious to see what he says and how he says it. In another case here a poster commented about what's called "semantic olympics" ~ Defense lawyers always take the gold.

Ugh. I feel for those guards who had to "de-mob" him this morning. I bet they got a steady dose of smug treatment.

So that means the searches of the house turned up nothing. Same with the car.Nothing from those eight swabs, moldings, latches, car carpet, rear seats or car seats. Good grief.

This is not necessarily so - traces of blood and hair might have been found, but nothing that would carry a murder case. Kids hurt themselves all the time, so the evidence they found might have been too easily explained away, and they don't want to risk losing the case, only to have double jeopardy kick them in the *advertiser censored* after they find remains.

:furious::furious::furious:

I simply cannot believe this! I am always very defensive of LE and FBI, but this is FUBAR!

Why would LE take this chance? Now they will be open to a civil suit by Louis and Jennifer. There will not be any shutting Louis up now and I just cannot bear this guys voice.

Look, he called Burris very early on. This guy is a scam artist and I have to wonder if he planned all of this. Is it a hoax? What does LE have on him? Clearly not enough evidence to charge him with murder. Something is very, very wrong here, IMO.

I am NOT giving Louis a pass just because he has not been charged. Or giving Jennifer a pass either, for that matter. Louis did not pass his polygraph, and even before he had taken it I thought he had done something to Hasanni.

Did this sell Hasanni? I would not doubt it at this point. Sorry! I am just rambling now and will shut up.

Prayers that Hasanni will be located!

I really feel that LE did this so quick because they had no answers but needed to act quickly. They don't want or should I say need any more negative media attention (funny thats what they got) They jumped the gun bad. In fact it was right after the JAYCEE story broke..I do think they will get who is responsable...
Maybe they aren't capable of "hurting" HC like JC said but when a child is killed while in your care guess what "its your fault" and when you cover it up thats makes it just like murder. Accidents do happen..I really hope they looked into the junk yard or that area.

PS.. does this mean this thread has to close because their not arrested anymore????

Okay, if they didn't do it then who did? Where are we not looking? To me the residents of the apartment complex within or accessed trough the archway behind shuz (in the rear parking area) where LR say's he last saw Hassani, seem to be the most likely candidates for sleuthing. Could any of them have relatives or friends who are RSO's? Did any of them have visitors that day? Have the apartments been thoroughly searched by LE? Have background checks been run on all residents?
Also the residents neighboring Shuz, have we sleuthed each and every one of them for clues? Has LE searched every single residence in the immediate area...(they probably can't legally do that, can they.) What about out buildings in the area, sheds and garages.
What about the employees of other businesses in the immediate area, RSO's work too ya know, some are even business owners.
I for one will be gathering as much info as possible on residents and employees of business in the immediate area.
Com'on sleuths we need to find Hasanni! I'm not totally convinced that LR is not responsible but I have to trust that if LE had even a smidgen of evidence they would have gone full steam ahead.
This little man needs to be found now!

This is not necessarily so - traces of blood and hair might have been found, but nothing that would carry a murder case. Kids hurt themselves all the time, so the evidence they found might have been too easily explained away, and they don't want to risk losing the case, only to have double jeopardy kick them in the *advertiser censored* after they find remains.

bolded by me

That's exactly what I thought too duckie. The DA wants to make sure that the case can be won before going through and risking not being able to try him if and/or when new evidence is found that proves their case.

OT~ Mel Ignatow ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Ignatow
Prosecuted and aquitted for murder. Six months after the trial photos were found that he and an accomplice took of the actual murder. Double jeopardy applied.

Are those appts or offices upstairs from Shuz store and other adjacent stores?

I have started a thread for post-arrest general discussion. As momtective said, we have to re-comb old evidence and move away from focusing on these arrests.

I will lock this thread or ask for it to be locked in a while, but leave it open for now so people can continue to express themselves over the decision not to lay charges today.

CA - Hasanni Campbell - General Case Discussion - Thread #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(I hope the mods don't close the new one, but if they do I apologize in advance.)

I think my hinky meter is just up and I am reading waaaaaaaaay to far into everything...but this sentence that Ross said when he was released from jail just sent shivers up my spine.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20660596/detail.html

“I was not surprised that she (Campbell) was released and not charged,” he said. “I knew the evidence. I knew there was no evidence and she was not going to talk because she had already given as many statements as she could.” (bolded by me)

Ok the phrase "she isn't going to talk" to me seems like she knows something and he is re-iterating to her that she needs to keep her mouth shut. Maybe I am looking wayyyyyy to far into this...but that phrase just sounded weird to me. Why wouldn't he say "I wasn't surprised that Campbell was released because we both maintain our innocence and our only focus is to find Hassani" Once again it seemed like everything is about him!

Sorry had to vent...think I'm done now! hahaha

,.. I'd forgotten about that one person who knew LR and Knew he
would never hurt anyone, especially " His Son " ....

Knew LR from school.... I think it was .... If only that person could
enlighten us ...... or Maybe that person doesn't know LR as well as
they thought they did...??? Hmmmmm

Maybe that person no longer believes what they said, maybe now they believe LR could have hurt his son, I just wish we knew more personal things about this guy and his Fiance,........

If that person is right and "Little Man was abducted, I bet his body will be found, soon
abductors usually don't take time to hide a body, they finish with what they wanted the child for and then discard, no need to hide the body because they have no real ties anyway...

just wonderin....and thinkin....and wishin..... Hmmmmmm head spinin too....

I hope U understand what I'm tryin to say I know I can Ramble

I think my hinky meter is just up and I am reading waaaaaaaaay to far into everything...but this sentence that Ross said when he was released from jail just sent shivers up my spine.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20660596/detail.html

“I was not surprised that she (Campbell) was released and not charged,” he said. “I knew the evidence. I knew there was no evidence and she was not going to talk because she had already given as many statements as she could.” (bolded by me)

Ok the phrase "she isn't going to talk" to me seems like she knows something and he is re-iterating to her that she needs to keep her mouth shut. Maybe I am looking wayyyyyy to far into this...but that phrase just sounded weird to me. Why wouldn't he say "I wasn't surprised that Campbell was released because we both maintain our innocence and our only focus is to find Hassani" Once again it seemed like everything is about him!

Sorry had to vent...think I'm done now! hahaha

Sarah I think Burris said that, not Ross.

"Veteran defense attorney John Burris, who has been advising the couple, told KTVU the arrests were an investigative gamble that had backfired.

“I was not surprised that she (Campbell) was released and not charged,” he said. “I knew the evidence. I knew there was no evidence and she was not going to talk because she had already given as many statements as she could.”

“I think it was a rush to judgment – an overreaction on the part of the police. They did not have evidence to support a conviction for her and I doubt that they had enough for a conviction for him. It may be a tactic on their part…I always thought it was a tactic by the police to squeeze one or both them to offer up incriminating evidence. It did not work.”

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member