ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/TylerDumontNews/status/983376663856611328

JUST IN: About a dozen ground searchers will return to Mendocino County shorelines today after a body was pulled from the water over the weekend. It was found near deadly #HartFamily crash site, but ID not confirmed yet. A @CHP_HQ helicopter will also help in today’s search.

I think she was trying to escape to this neighbor and couldn't make it and had to settle for the DeKalb's! What a horrible night for her. At least Mrs D was a life line for Devonte in that last week.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...art-family-that-plunged-off-california-cliff/
Neighbor Jon McHugh said his interactions with the family were few but “pleasant.” He occasionally saw the children outside. He showed them his rabbits and chickens. At least once, one of the girls offered his 5-year-old a freezer pop.

He rarely saw Jen, who stayed inside. A few times, he talked with Sarah and the children, mostly about their respective animals or backyard projects.

Woodland neighbor Jon McHugh’s property is next door to the Harts’ home, beyond the trees. McHugh helped the family with small farming projects and got to know some of the Hart children.

You never know, maybe they had a vacation planned and learned the news after so were on the look out. Im strongly at this point considering that the body they found is the only one. I remember the other day someone reported seeing something floating in the water that appeared to be wearing clothes I think that was whoevwr they recovered the other day. But of there were more bodies I think theyd have been spotted by now. I think it's possible I'm clinging to hope that Hannah and Devonte did escape.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

No, actually they could be on the bottom for several more weeks according to LE. LE said in an article that a fisherman

drowned near there and the body did not float up for a month. So it could be a while.

I agree it is a terrible position and I have felt all along that they did the best they could with the information they were given. And they risked a felony interfering with custody at the very least, imho, if they couldn't prove abuse.

But...I also feel Mrs D knew something was very wrong and may have reached out to LE and CPS if not for her husband's reassurance in the face of everything.

Of course, that might've just hastened a trip over the edge, too.

I still don't blame them, I'm angry at the system that makes it hard for victims to come forward and be believed.

I agree and you can see she is deeply troubled because she sensed it wasn't right. I don't think Bruce had as much sympathy or grasped the severity of the situation in the moment.

IMO

Does anyone else find it a little surprising that, even after a week, the newly-found body was still very close to where it went into the water? Does that mean that the other bodies are also likely nearby, if they were in fact in the SUV?

No, actually they could be on the bottom for several more weeks according to LE. LE said in an article that a fisherman

drowned near there and the body did not float up for a month. So it could be a while.
Goodness I didnt think of the possiblity of them being under water why idk but you're right. People dont just float, when lifeless a body will sink but float up because of the body gasses.

Does anyone else find it a little surprising that, even after a week, the newly-found body was still very close to where it went into the water? Does that mean that the other bodies are also likely nearby, if they were in fact in the SUV?
Its def possible. Especially if theyre under water. They couldve just not floated up yet sadly. After a period of time the body floats to the surface due to the gasses in the body.

gcharlie
user-online.png

Join Date Mar 2013Posts 2,012​

Here's a link to a realtor site re: the house in which the Harts lived in Alexandria, MN. Scroll down to property history and you can see when Jen and Sarah bought the place, how often they had it listed and when they sold it (April 2013).

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-40924#photo12

Amazingly, this web page still has accessible photos of when the Harts listed the place in December 2010 and updated pictures in August 2012. Kids slept three to a bedroom, boys and girls. Rooms were redecorated. between the two series of photos. Lots of books in both listings. No toys or cuddlies seen in either set of pictures. 2010 pix of the boys bedroom has a blue plastic container near the window, but I can't tell what is in it. 2010 picture of the girls room has a bunch of storage boxes at the foot of the bunk beds, and it may be clothing stored inside. There is some kind of teddy bear type cushion on the floor.

In December 2010, the kids would have ranged from about 4 to 10 if the ages we've been told are correct.

Lots of candles in both pictures. Definitely not a child friendly house. Even the wall decorations in the kids' rooms are not geared towards their ages.

It's possible that kids stuff was packed away for the listing shots, but I doubt it.​

Good job!

Interesting view into their lives.
The vibe I get is old parents - but they weren´t!

Two chairs at the dining table! Where did the children eat?
Oh, forgot, they didn´t.

Edit: Oooops, there are two benches.

I think it depends if the person was dead before entering the water or if the person drowned (no air in lungs). Lots of other factors like water temperature, possible entanglement, clothing/footwear and food consumption play a role as well.

I agree it is a terrible position and I have felt all along that they did the best they could with the information they were given. And they risked a felony interfering with custody at the very least, imho, if they couldn't prove abuse.

But...I also feel Mrs D knew something was very wrong and may have reached out to LE and CPS if not for her husband's reassurance in the face of everything.

Of course, that might've just hastened a trip over the edge, too.

I still don't blame them, I'm angry at the system that makes it hard for victims to come forward and be believed.

If any kid came to my house in the middle of the night claiming abuse, I'd be calling the police. I don't care if the parents were right there explaining the kid lies. Let the cops sort it out. At least my conscience would be clear.

You never know, maybe they had a vacation planned and learned the news after so were on the look out. Im strongly at this point considering that the body they found is the only one. I remember the other day someone reported seeing something floating in the water that appeared to be wearing clothes I think that was whoevwr they recovered the other day. But of there were more bodies I think theyd have been spotted by now. I think it's possible I'm clinging to hope that Hannah and Devonte did escape.

I hope so too but if you remember the Laci Peterson case her husband Scott Peterson killed her and her unborn son Conner the day before Christmas. Her body and her fetus that was expelled in the ocean washed ashore about 4 months later in Northern CA. That was a very sad case.

I have thought this would be so. I'd expect, if the other two are found shortly, they will be in same area. If it takes a

while and bodies have deteriorated, hard to say where the remains will end up or when.

Goodness I didnt think of the possiblity of them being under water why idk but you're right. People dont just float, when lifeless a body will sink but float up because of the body gasses.

Plus there’s lots of rocky areas when the body bloats lots of things in that big ocean to get snagged on from there clothes, hair etc.

Plus there’s lots of rocky areas when the body bloats lots of things in that big ocean to get snagged on from there clothes, hair etc.

In early article, LE said the currents run south from where the accident happened but then they switch and go north.

So there has been some confusion on where to check.

I also think the women in their lifestyle had the kids on the no sugar, vegan diet, no additives or GMo.

I doubt they were vegan. Those leather couches stood out to my vegan self right away when viewing the real estate listing someone posted. I don't see any other indication they were vegan. You can limit sugar and go for mostly organic and non-GMO food and still eat animal products, I believe. IMO

In early article, LE said the currents run south from where the accident happened but then they switch and go north.

So there has been some confusion on where to check.

There’s lots of stuff the current drags on the ocean floor old metal things like anchors. I think that’s what took Laci Peterson’s body so long to wash ashore. I live in CA not too far from there and sadly some bodies that never surface and are found. Much easier on a calm lake.

If any kid came to my house in the middle of the night claiming abuse, I'd be calling the police. I don't care if the parents were right there explaining the kid lies. Let the cops sort it out. At least my conscience would be clear.

Right. But we have to examine the mindset here. What made Bruce quickly inform them that the child was there? Didn't take the children serious.

IMO

I think I would too.
But when her father, bless him!, called hearing about the incident, the cops didn´t do anything!

Right. But we have to examine the mindset here. What made Bruce quickly inform them that the child was there? Didn't take the children serious.

IMO

Could be- but maybe he's a wimp and didn't want to get on wrong side of neighbors.

I think I would too.
But when her father, bless him!, called hearing about the incident, the cops didn´t do anything!

Yep... you can't tell me Dana won't be giving Bruce the side eye every now and then... her dad called because he saw her hurt and the husband who is supposed to.... tuh

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members