CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory...No scent outside car, only inside at j's work. No decomp in car. We know R was at the Bank, Car parts and didn't get out of the car at the car parts. I feel like he took Hasanni out behind the parts place where there is lots of roads and places to leave a child. I don't think he did anything except leave him. He had texted J about leaving Hasanni at the Bart. Too many people. Also his car was spotless. I think he got the car washed before heading to J's work. When Hasanni is found he can say see someone took him.

I thought they should search W. Winton Rd. but no one wants to search there. It's a very secluded area where W. Winton seems to split into 2 roads. One is gated, but not the other.

I was just watching old news footage and saw that Fremont PD actually did help with the initial OPD search and canvassed JC and LR's neighborhood.

I'm assuming since OPD is saying "no more searches at this time," FPD is following the same policy.

I also believe there's evidence that caused OPD to arrest them, which may be what is causing Burris to change his tune towards LR.

I have a theory...No scent outside car, only inside at j's work. No decomp in car. We know R was at the Bank, Car parts and didn't get out of the car at the car parts. I feel like he took Hasanni out behind the parts place where there is lots of roads and places to leave a child. I don't think he did anything except leave him. He had texted J about leaving Hasanni at the Bart. Too many people. Also his car was spotless. I think he got the car washed before heading to J's work. When Hasanni is found he can say see someone took him.

bolded by me.

The dogs found Hasanni's scent inside the shoe store?

Really? Inside the store? Link please!

No, Inside his car. What about his other car. Wonder if it runs and if police checked it?

From 8/12 SF Chronicle article:

Grandmother's account
Campbell's mother, Pamela Clark, 62, of San Francisco, said she doubted Ross or Campbell were responsible for Hasanni's disappearance. Ross, she said, is "a very professional man. He has a good job, he is very hard-working, a good provider."

I just thought about this again. We've since heard from LR and the media that he does not have a job and hasn't for quite some time. This is also supported by background info we've found here, which has indicated that he has an unsteady work history, and most of us can't figure out what the heck he does. Furthermore, his resume seems to be an 80% concentration of BS.

What I want to know is what job he told JC's family he had to elicit this quote? Sometimes murdering sociopaths fudge credentials, make up jobs they go to every day, lie even to those closest to them about employment and degrees and such. There was one case where a man murdered his fiance or wife and it turned out he wasn't in fact in medical school as he had told everyone around him. Just seems odd to me that grandma's only initial praise of him was his amazing income level and job, and turns out he has neither? Any thoughts?

One other money thought: I strongly get the impression they're renting (from JC's mention of Ross paying security deposit). Still you've got probably a rent in the ballpark of $2500+/mo. We've all wondered where the $ comes from. Even if JC makes $60-70K, she'd still be giving almost everything she takes home to rent alone.

What are the odds there's a loan involved? Maybe this is how LR operates? Find woman online, romance her, move in, get her to take loan, messy relationship ending, repeat? I can't imagine his credit score is great after all we've seen (liens, wage garnishments, civil judgements against him, etc.).

One other money thought: I strongly get the impression they're renting (from JC's mention of Ross paying security deposit). Still you've got probably a rent in the ballpark of $2500+/mo. We've all wondered where the $ comes from. Even if JC makes $60-70K, she'd still be giving almost everything she takes home to rent alone.

What are the odds there's a loan involved? Maybe this is how LR operates? Find woman online, romance her, move in, get her to take loan, messy relationship ending, repeat? I can't imagine his credit score is great after all we've seen (liens, wage garnishments, civil judgements against him, etc.).
If they are renting that house, I can't see how it's possible! The owner would have to cover their own costs (mortgage, property taxes, insurance, etc) and make a profit. I would imagine the rent for that property would be astronomical ~ at least for LR/JC. She couldn't be making that much at the shoe store. :waitasec: MOO

Fremont certainly has some nice areas, but rents aren't as bad as they are in the nicer Oakland/Berkeley area or SF.

Here's an example of a place listed on Craig's List rentals today (identifying info snipped). It's just 0.4 miles from LR and JC's place, and three or four streets away. This might help give a baseline for us as to rough rent levels in the area?

$2300 / 4br - 3 Full Bath 2-Story Ardenwood home (fremont / union city / newark) (map)

Date: 2009-09-04, 7:17AM PDT
Reply to: [snipped]

- 4 BR / 3 Full Baths, 1929 sq ft
- 1 Bedroom + Full Bath on ground floor
- New bamboo flooring throughout
- New Tile in all bathrooms
- New appliances
- Owner pay gardner for fully landscaped yard with fruit trees

Most desirable location:
- across from Karl Nordvik park, Transbay bus stop
- close to 880, 84 Dumbarton bridge
- Ardenwood elementary school

Available on Sept 15
Rent: $2300
Deposit: $2500
No pets, No smoking
income and credit check required

[Contact info snipped]

XXXXX Eucalyptus Ter

3n73m33l85Od5S15R1994f43a9fda41391a31.jpg

If they are renting that house, I can't see how it's possible! The owner would have to cover their own costs (mortgage, property taxes, insurance, etc) and make a profit. I would imagine the rent for that property would be astronomical ~ at least for LR/JC. She couldn't be making that much at the shoe store. :waitasec: MOO

I agree -- even if it is indeed $2500 or so in rent, and even if JC is making $45-55K / year (possible with college degree and store taking in $500,000 in sales each year with only one other employee), there's still money coming from somewhere that we can't see. Of course, commission can make up for a lot, especially if she's the only F/T employee and the owner isn't always there. That means all those sales may be going towards her commission.

Say she makes $40,000K or so on the low end, taking home roughly $2500 or so each month on salary. Rent would still eat all of her paycheck. However, if Shuz of Rockridge averages $41K in income each month, and she's only personally responsible for $20K in sales, you'd still figure even a 5% commission could add $1k/month potentially to her income.

So I know I'm making tons of assumptions here, but:
$2500/mo base salary
$1000/mo commission on top of base
$1000/mo aid for kids
---------------------
$4500/mo
- $2500/mo rent
---------------------
$2,000 living expenses

I guess it's possible they could make it on that, but not likely. I am still in the camp of an undisclosed income source for either/and JC, LR.

I think it's quite possible that LE knows more than they're letting on, and that's why they aren't wasting their time helping in the search at Lake Elizabeth. Although maybe some of the local PD are going "in their spare time" as it were to see what's happening.

I'm not entirely sure that PC knows exactly what's going on - didn't merimer mention she thought drugs were involved back in the 70s? I think LR turns up looking snappy in a suit and a BMW and she believes anything he tells her - we've said before, he's very persuasive and believable.

And I'm also disappointed in someone who would take a SpongeBob from the memorial site... geez, that's really low.

I really hope Hasanni can be found soon and justice served. Have you guys seen how many unsolved crimes are on this board? I don't want to be coming here in 20 years saying "oh, this will be the 20th anniversary of Hasanni's disappearance"!! :(

One more Bay Area rent note. While there are wealthy enclaves that are exceptions to this rule, the general rule is that the closer to SF you are, the higher the rents are. Commute time is a huge factor for many people in the Bay Area, and many commute to SF.

So, while Fremont is quite nice, it is further from SF than Oakland, and thus a house and neighborhood at the level of their Roxie Terrace home will have lower rent 30 miles from SF than one say, 10 miles out.

I'm fairly certain that we determined quite awhile back that they are the owners of the home, although please don't ask me to provide a link <whew>. It may have been in one of the first threads on Hasanni.
I forget exactly what piece or pieces of information led us to decide this: Is it possible that Jennifer made a comment that LR paid the down payment, IIRC? Something she said in one of the interviews?

If it were a rental, wouldn't the landlord have to provide garbage pickup -- LR doesn't seem like the type who would let a landlord get away with denying him any privileges he was entitled to. I would think that garbage removal is a habitability issue, anyway? The house hasn't had a garbage account for a year or so.

This Zillow report shows it sold in 10/2008. I think they are the owners.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5997-Roxie-Ter-Fremont-CA-94555/25057465_zpid/

I agree -- even if it is indeed $2500 or so in rent, and even if JC is making $45-55K / year (possible with college degree and store taking in $500,000 in sales each year with only one other employee), there's still money coming from somewhere that we can't see. Of course, commission can make up for a lot, especially if she's the only F/T employee and the owner isn't always there. That means all those sales may be going towards her commission.

(snipped for space)

I guess it's possible they could make it on that, but not likely. I am still in the camp of an undisclosed income source for either/and JC, LR.
There is also the BMW payment and insurance, gasoline, utilities, groceries, clothing, etc. that would have to come out of whatever is left over.

Did you watch the video I posted by CBS????
JC was fired from her job at the Shuz shoe store Wednesday!
So as of now there is NO income coming for LR & JC's to pay rent &/or house payments which ever it is!!!

It's mentioned at the end of the video:
VIDEO: Saturday Search Planned For Hasanni Campbell 09/04/09 5:58pm PT
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54978@kpix.dayport.com

:angel:

No, Inside his car. What about his other car. Wonder if it runs and if police checked it?

The only reference to another car that I know of was LR saying he was looking at a part for another car he was fixing up. I didn't ever recall details on that car.

Oops ~ I hadn't watched it yet. I just read the headline and basics of the search. I'm not surprised at all that she was fired. I wouldn't think she's good for the store's business. MOO

So as of now there is NO income coming for LR & JC's to pay rent &/or house payments which ever it is!!!

bolded by me.

Oh geesh. Thank you, AWC.

There is also the BMW payment and insurance, gasoline, utilities, groceries, clothing, etc. that would have to come out of whatever is left over.

Maybe they're really maxing out the credit cards? I personally don't like the idea of taking on huge debts, but some people seem ok with only making the minimum payment on credit cards and being tens of thousands in the red. Also, we found many references to LR and LWR and LWR3, etc, so maybe there are loans/cards in different names?

ETA: and now it seems JC has lost her job (thanks AWC!). Yikes....

Maybe they're really maxing out the credit cards? I personally don't like the idea of taking on huge debts, but some people seem ok with only making the minimum payment on credit cards and being tens of thousands in the red. Also, we found many references to LR and LWR and LWR3, etc, so maybe there are loans/cards in different names?

ETA: and now it seems JC has lost her job (thanks AWC!). Yikes....

So now they will be homeless with a baby on the way. Unless they have that unaccounted-for mystery source of income...which wouldn't surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti