CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATED: Clothes Similar To Those Worn By Missing Boy Unearthed In Oakland
Posted: 2:23 pm PDT September 13, 2009
Updated: 3:55 pm PDT September 13, 2009
<snipped>
Volunteers searching for missing 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell have discovered clothes similar to those the boy disappeared in over a month ago at the end of a road in Oakland.

The search volunteers found a gray sweatshirt, a red sock, and other children's clothes partially buried at the end of Chabot Road in Oakland, according to Oakland police sgt. Arturo Bautista.

The volunteers immediately contacted Oakland police, who have since roped off the area. Police stress that they haven't yet determined whether the discovered clothes belonged to the missing boy.

A crime scene technician is on site investigating the hillside above the cul-de-sac close to where the clothes were discovered.

Article:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20891590/detail.html

They must be children's clothes that they found for the search team to call LE IMO!

Who else is missing that's a child in the area that was reported wearing grey sweatclothes!

:angel:

Was this area on LR's route to Shuz?

OT~ I should know better than to get butterflies in my stomach after so many missing children when something of interest is found that must be looked into~ but I just can't help it today.

UPDATED: Clothes Similar To Those Worn By Missing Boy Unearthed In Oakland
Posted: 2:23 pm PDT September 13, 2009
Updated: 3:55 pm PDT September 13, 2009
<snipped>
Volunteers searching for missing 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell have discovered clothes similar to those the boy disappeared in over a month ago at the end of a road in Oakland.

The search volunteers found a gray sweatshirt, a red sock, and other children's clothes partially buried at the end of Chabot Road in Oakland, according to Oakland police sgt. Arturo Bautista.

The volunteers immediately contacted Oakland police, who have since roped off the area. Police stress that they haven't yet determined whether the discovered clothes belonged to the missing boy.

A crime scene technician is on site investigating the hillside above the cul-de-sac close to where the clothes were discovered.

Article:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20891590/detail.html

They must be children's clothes that they found for the search team to call LE IMO!

Who else is missing that's a child in the area that was reported wearing grey sweatclothes!

I hope they have found something that leads to Hasanni. I do remember in Caylee's case ( I hate refering to it on other threads but) they found childrens clothing and it turned out to be unrelated.

UPDATED: Police Examine Sweatshirt Similar to the One Worn by Hasanni Campbell
9/13/2009 3:26:00 PM
<snipped>
The Oakland police department is now examining a grey sweatshirt that may be connected with the search for five-year old Hasanni Campbell.

Two volunteers say they found the child-sized clothing at the end of Chabot Road near the Caldicott Tunnel. The discovery came at about 1:00 p.m. Sunday. The volunteers were part of a larger group searching for Hasanni who disappeared more than a month ago from behind a shoe store in Oakland's Rockridge neighborhood.

The child was last seen wearing a grey sweatshirt and grey pants.

Oakland police crime scene investigators are now conducting tests on the sweatshirt. Police and members of the Alameda County Search and Rescue squad have now taped off the area and are conducting a more thorough search.

Stay tuned to KRON 4 and KRON4.com for the latest on this developing story.

Article:
http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...the One Worn by Hasanni Campbell/Default.aspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Search for Hasanni Campbell turns up child's sweater at edge of woods
Posted: 09/13/2009 04:05:29 PM PDT
Updated: 09/13/2009 04:05:30 PM PDT
<snipped>
Volunteers searching for missing 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell today said they found clothing similar to what the boy was said to be wearing when his foster father reported his disappearance.

Volunteers flagged down some police officers who began searching the area at the end of Chabot Road in the Oakland Hills, but as of 3:30 p.m., those officers had not requested any additional help, a police official said.

A gray children's sweatshirt was found at the end of Chabot Road shortly after 50 people began searching that area, said search organizer Shari Miller.

"We found it right at the start of the woods," Miller said. "It could possibly turn out to be nothing. Police told us they're on the fence."

The area where the sweatshirt was found had not been searched before by volunteers, Miller said.

Hasanni was reported missing Aug. 10 by his stepfather, Louis Ross, who told police he had briefly left the boy in a parking lot behind the building in the 6000 block of College Avenue, and come back to find him gone. Ross told police Hasanni was wearing a gray sweatshirt.

Article:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_13329740
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Search for Hasanni Campbell turns up clothing
Sunday, September 13, 2009 | 4:15 PM
<snipped>
On Sunday afternoon, a group of volunteers scoured Oakland for signs of Hassanni Campbell and their efforts turned up a gray sweatshirt that may belong to the missing 5-year-old.

The clothing was found at the end of Chabot Road above the Rockridge neighborhood where Hasanni was last seen. Authorities have declared the area a crime scene.

Hasanni was described as wearing a gray sweatshirt and sweat pants when he was reported missing on August 10, 2009, by his foster father Louis Ross.

5-year-old Hasanni Campbell was described as wearing a gray sweatshirt and sweat pants when he was reported missing on August 10, 2009, by his foster father Louis Ross.
7012957_600x338.jpg

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7012945

Kat would that be one of the directions or areas that LR would have passed to the junkyard...home or to the shoe store?? TIA

Hi AWC: He could have taken Hwy 580 from Hayward (after going to car salvage?)--it doesn't run directly from Fremont-- then probably exited onto Hwy 13 and from there, gotten to Chabot Road. (if you use the "hand" feature to move the map around, you can see these roads he probably used). I wonder if Hasanni is in Lake Chabot...or the wooded areas around there... I have a feeling the last stop was to bury the clothes. I could be wrong.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....677068&sspn=30.819956,76.289063&ie=UTF8&z=15

This is all so horrible and I hate saying it. : (

AWC

Is that pic the sweatshirt they found? If so it looks really big like maybe a 10-12 boys and not a toddler size. Especially since they say he was tiny. JMO

If that's the sweatshirt it looks awlfully large in size!!! :waitasec: :confused:

Though LE has sealed off the area & is calling it a crime scene... I agree we all got our hopes up when they found clothing in Caylee's case & it ended up not being related to her! :shakehead:

Hasanni Search Team Finds Possible Clue
Hasanni was reported missing August 10
Updated 4:32 PM PDT, Sun, Sep 13, 2009
<snipped>
A team of volunteers looking for little Hasanni Campbell found something that caused police to turn the end of a dirt road into a crime scene Sunday.

Sherri Miller, a virtual one-woman-crusade to find Hasanni, organized the search of the Rockridge neighborhood, Lake Temescal and Lake Merritt. She told reporters someone found a gray child's sweatshirt at the end of a dirt road late Sunday afternoon.

The volunteer called police who were close to the area at the time. Police immediately put up yellow tape. There is no way to know if the find is indeed connected to the missing child's case, but Hasanni was reportedly wearing a gray sweatshirt when he disappeared.

Article:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Hasanni-Search-Team-Finds-Possible-Clue-59183237.html

AWC

Is that pic the sweatshirt they found? If so it looks really big like maybe a 10-12 boys and not a toddler size. Especially since they say he was tiny. JMO

You're right..that looks huge--I could be wrong but in my mind I'd pictured the light gray standard sweatshirt color, too--not charcoal gray.

If it really were that large and obviously not Hasanni's, wouldn't they have realized it right away?

Certainly that's not the sweatshirt they found~

I would imagine that it wouldn't be draped like that over something and left out?

But if the shirt doesn't fit....why are they calling it a crime scene???

I just saw some of the police action on t.v. One cop said it's difficult to tell if it is a child's sweatshirt and no one wants to handle it a lot because they don't want to contaminate evidence if it is Hasanni's. So if that dark gray shirt is it, why is it draped over that wooden thing?

Also--that dead end of Chabot is so visible--there are houses on that street. It would be a dumb place to go and bury clothes and expect to not be seen, IMO.

If that picture is of the shirt it has a huge logo on it. Wouldn't that have been described when he was missing?

SS posted this yesterday in the astro thread!

Yesterday, 09:15 PM

This child is not alive. He was deceased prior to the alleged Last Seen. Death by homicide, parental involvement, lies, cover up. It is unfortunate LE could not gather enough evidence to keep Louis Ross in jail, as all points to LR being the perp. I stand by the astrological testimonies discussed in my posts #1, 8, 55 of this thread.
Thanks,
Soulscape

If that picture is of the shirt it has a huge logo on it. Wouldn't that have been described when he was missing?

It looks like the shirt is inside out to me and you can see the reinforcement of the front placket or whatever that's called. Wish there was something in the pic to help with scale.

Message to Kat or anyone else who can provide this for SS! TIA I'd do it, but I'm not good at marking the maps!

From Angel's post above:

The clothing was found at the end of Chabot Road above the Rockridge neighborhood where Hasanni was last seen. Authorities have declared the area a crime scene.

MOMTECTIVE --- CAN YOU ADD THIS LOCATION TO THE MAP YOU CREATED FOR US showing Hasanni's home, the shoe store, and the auto parts store --- and also provide approx. direction/mileages??

TIA,

Soulscape

It looks like the shirt is inside out to me and you can see the reinforcement of the front placket or whatever that's called. Wish there was something in the pic to help with scale.

Well, since you asked....

a manhole cover is typically 36" across....

don't ask :waitasec:

ETA: but now after staring at that picture, I wonder if that's a manhole cover or some sort of hole for water meter access or something. It seems awfully tiny to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal