CA CA - Jeannette Kamahele, 20, Santa Rosa, 25 April 1972

@UncoolNegated hey, not sure what you are looking for but Ancestry has a little personal info on him. Marriage records, divorce, the regular stuff. But are you looking more for the actual case info that you referred to?

Yeah, I was mainly looking for how the case referenced in the article resolved. I don't even know if he was found guilty. A lot turns on that.

I was looking at the photo collection of 54 unidentified women linked to serial killer William Bradford.

officialcoldcaseinvestigations.com

Does anyone suppose that #49 is Jeannette Kamahele?

missingwomen49.jpg
kamahele_jeannette.jpg

Many of the women have been ID'd, but I don't know if #49 has.
I was looking at the photo collection of 54 unidentified women linked to serial killer William Bradford.

missingwomen49.jpg
kamahele_jeannette.jpg

I actually had been looking at these photos also Carl And the photo that the los Angeles police department had up now is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191125-051406_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20191125-051406_Messenger.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 26

missingwomen49.jpg
kamahele_jeannette.jpg

missingwomen49.jpg
kamahele_jeannette.jpg

I actually had been looking at these photos also Carl And the photo that the los Angeles police department had up now is

And then, the same exact one off the other sites where she has been mentioned as being missing and I recognized that it was the same. I assumed right away that this had already been pointed out to either department and I felt that I should just double check on both ends I made a couple calls and they were unaware of any correlation probably FOR SURE as far as the los Angeles end. From what I gathered. I'm waiting now for a couple calls back but I have given the information needed to both agencies and I truly was surprised that no one really seemed to know that the other was either looking to locate or was missing the same girl. Had anyone ever followed through on leaving this tip for either department?

Looked like he (Bradford) might have had a second copy of the exact photo because los Angeles sheriff's definitely did not seem in the know. Perhaps since the photos were released to the public they could have been interchanged of the same girl but different photos? it felt like they might not have been notified about this before. Maybe they have but it doesn't sound like it. And I still have to confirm with the santa rosa department violent crimes unit of their knowledge but the feeling that was conveyed by who I did speak with was the same as the one I had received from the other agency, it Sounded like they weren't sure at first what I was talking about, then immediately after like they were incredibly interested.
I was told to expect a return call from both at some point today.

From the old case investigators and they will probably have some questions? If I'm not the first one to have tried to point this out to them I do hope theyll go ahead and update the online report and at least disclose they are aware of it being the same girl.

And touch base with one another. Or so I'm hoping. 40 some odd years is a very long time

We also believe that we have made a possible match for Eileen hensen in the photos also. And perhaps several other females.

Giving Jeanette a bump...

Come on Websleuthers. Cold case needs some attention. I guess, I'm still amazed that someone can drop out of site, and be gone forever. Yet, the websleuths formums is filled with these stories.

There isn't a whole lot of info to go on. Anyone hear of any other hitchhikers missing that got into a white man with an Afro-style hair cut in the 70's?
Im always curious whether it was really a van or how much possibility that might exist of it being a small rv type van.

Her name is Lisa Smith, not much else is known about her. She dis-appeared in 1970, but that's where the trail dies. Nothing but a newspaper article that she dis-appeared.

She might be alive today, no one knows.
Is this Jeanette ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191225-181031_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191225-181031_Gallery.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 13
I tracked down Lisa Smith. She was later found alive and well. Can't lay my hands on the clip I listed, but it's in another SRHHM thread.

I tracked down Lisa Smith. She was later found alive and well. Can't lay my hands on the clip I listed, but it's in another SRHHM thread.
Thank you for doing this, burblestein. There has been so much confusion about Lisa Smith.

I have put considerable effort into these cases.
The sole reason Jeannette is counted as a SRHHM victim is because LE said so. No reason given, at least that I could find--just the repeated listings of her among the murder victims. And I find little reason to regard Kim Allen as one of that series, given that one of her college instructors became obsessed with her before dying in a vehicle wreck. However, let me share a wild surmise.
If Professor M could become obsessed with one young woman, why not two? Jeannette vanished while lugging around a colorful small empty soy sauce barrel. Who more fitted to cozen an impressionable young woman with a line of jive about the barrel than an arts instructor? And he has just years enough and experience enough on her to exert some authority.

Someone on Instagram and Pinterest has posted that photo, labeling it as being one of Jeannette. Perhaps it is her; but I haven't seen it used in any of the news articles I've read about Jeannette not is it on Charley Project.

IMO, it is not her. To my eyes, the eyebrows and the nose are different from those of Jeannette.

Hmmm....

I don't think the young woman is strictly Caucasian, but I'm not convinced she is Jeannette. It's a shame there are not more photos to compare.

Screenshot_20200102-181412_kindlephoto-36872763.png Screenshot_20200102-181510_kindlephoto-36942935.png Screenshot_20200102-181429_kindlephoto-36904833.png

The tips of their noses seem quite different. I think the young woman in the photo might be part Japanese? She looks a bit like a friend I had when younger who was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back