CA CA - Jessica Roggenkamp, 44, Anderson, 10 Dec 2016

Friends honor missing Anderson woman's birthday, hopeful of return after new lead from police

A few friends of a missing Anderson woman plan to gather at the Sundial Bridge Thursday evening to release purple carnations into the Sacramento River in honor of her birthday.

Roggenkamp's family canceled coming to the event in hopes that the police can find Roggenkamp.

Kay said Roggenkamp's family has been closely in touch with the Anderson Police Department, and ran the information by police officers before they decided to make the post public.

"They don't know where she is," Kay said. "I've heard the evidence and it's a fairly good possibility it's her."

Accoding to the California Department of Justice website, Roggnekamp is also known as Jessica Lynn Nulph.

http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...day-honored-friends-hopeful-return/473915001/

Friends honor missing Anderson woman's birthday, hopeful of return after new lead from police

A few friends of a missing Anderson woman plan to gather at the Sundial Bridge Thursday evening to release purple carnations into the Sacramento River in honor of her birthday.

Roggenkamp's family canceled coming to the event in hopes that the police can find Roggenkamp.

Kay said Roggenkamp's family has been closely in touch with the Anderson Police Department, and ran the information by police officers before they decided to make the post public.

"They don't know where she is," Kay said. "I've heard the evidence and it's a fairly good possibility it's her."

Accoding to the California Department of Justice website, Roggnekamp is also known as Jessica Lynn Nulph.

http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...day-honored-friends-hopeful-return/473915001/

Oh no. I was hoping they had more than "possibly her". There are always false sightings in missing persons cases (JMO). I hope that's not what's going on here and I hope she was actually spotted. But why would she go 7 months without contacting anyone? My heart goes out to her family.

There have been over 40 people missing in Shasta County alone. I can't help but wonder why the news is not reporting all the missing people or warning people not to travel alone! That's just one county.

Opening weekend of deer season (archery) is this weekend. This begins two months or so of relatively heavy 'traffic' in this normally very remote area. If she is out there, hopefully she is found soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voluntarily missing just means she wasn't abducted
in many cases it means the person was suicidal

It's always been curious to me that the remoteness-middle of the night-so off the path from her destination, feels and reads like a suicide. But her own mother said voluntary missing. The middle of the wilderness is an awful strange place to walk away from your life to start a new one.

Just came across this case and read through. Sad she still hasn't been found for sure.

Also wanted to add, that looking back through Shasta Co records, it seems she may have had some substance abuse issues. There was a case back in 98 that she completed drug education for, and then in the 09 case as part of probation it appears she was not allowed to drink and was required to submit to testing.

So - just getting caught up on my Missing threads....

LisaWL7TR from article in post #261 said:
A new lead from the Anderson Police Department just four days ago sounded promising, said Amber Kay, Roggenkamp's close friend."I'm glad to hear a very good possibility it's her," Kay said.
A status update on her Facebook page titled "Help Find Jessica Roggenkamp" read that there may be new information regarding Roggenkamp, and that she is safe. There were no other details given, other than she is alive.

So - is she alive or ??? I guess no more updates since this July article, eh?

TIA!

Kim Kemp joins with the Northcoast Journal in exploring those missing in the Emerald Triangle...Humboldt, Trinity and Mendocino counties. She lists everyone missing in the three counties...at least the ones she could find listed.

Note the event for the families of the missing in Sacramento June 9-10. Quoting Kym’s beautiful writing....

[FONT=&quot]Long after the missing posters on those who have vanished have faded and blown away in the wind, some family members will keep vigil. Some will keep vigil silently–barely acknowledging out loud the loose thread that caught on their heart when their loved one vanished and which now threatens to unravel their life. Some will keep vigil by reaching out to the media or police or both on a regular basis, hoping even decades after their loss that they will get answers. They hope but, at the same time, they fear to know for sure that their loved one is dead.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have a family or friend missing, an event this June 9 in Sacramento may be helpful to you. This free event will have law enforcement available to help record information. Family members can give DNA samples if they choose to help with identification. They are also “encouraged to bring photos, along with medical and dental records of their missing loved ones.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

http://kymkemp.com/2018/02/01/who-is-missing-in-the-emerald-counties/

It is sad to me that she is still missing with nothing to go on!

With the news that Sherri's "abduction" was fake, it makes me angry!! The resources put towards Sherri could have been used towards Jessica. Also, what makes me angry is that Sherri is getting all the news and all the press again, but Jessica is still missing and nothing is being said! Where is Jessica??

It is sad to me that she is still missing with nothing to go on!

With the news that Sherri's "abduction" was fake, it makes me angry!! The resources put towards Sherri could have been used towards Jessica. Also, what makes me angry is that Sherri is getting all the news and all the press again, but Jessica is still missing and nothing is being said! Where is Jessica??
Yes, its like she just disappeared into thin air. If it was suicide then why would she let them help her with her tire. The running out of gas part is very concerning. Maybe she wanted to rest after the spare was put on and decided to keep warm so let her car run but fell asleep and then something nefarious happened to her. She was told to take her purse and cellphone and had to leave with someone maybe at gunpoint. That's pretty scary. In an earlier post someone had mentioned that perhaps she got lost while trying to relieve herself but would she really venture that far from her car, I don't think so. If she had to relieve herself it would be near her car. I think Voluntary Missing is based on asumptions whether valid or not. I wish this case was taken more seriously. I don't think it was or has been. JMOO. Sometimes families don't want to believe anything bad could have happened and want to cling to hope that the person will be back someday. Its extremely sad. IDK if that's what happened here. If by chance her remains are found the result will be unknown cause of death most probably.

This story is about the celebration of Jessica's birthday. It wasn't canceled as posted on FB and some of her family did attend after all. I haven't seen anything more about her possibly being located.

Missing woman's birthday marked at Sundial Bridge
Maybe she is safe. According to her friend Kay. At that time it hadn't been confirmed. If nothing else was said then its possible she is safe. Hope things are better now if that is the case. I mean its a pretty dramatic scene. An abandoned car out of gas all belongings left in car except purse and cellphone. They celebrated her birthday then on the Sundial bridge but haven't since. So it makes me believe she may be ok. Its possible a friend may have picked her up as she was able to communicate with her friends to come and get her. This sort of reminds me of a couple of cases that ended without definitive answers. I don't think either were on WS. One was an experienced hiker who went missing she had a satelite phone with her she was well equiped for her solo multiday trip. After failing to communicate with her family she was declared missing. The strange thing is she was found in a scree under boulders. I thought that was odd. Why would an experienced hiker go to an area where a rockslide can happen most likely. Her family accepted that it was accidental. They were happy she died doing what she loved. Maureen Kelly in 2013 somewhat similar her family abruptly stopped posting on her Facebook page in 2018. A few remains were found in 2018 miles from where she was last seen. I think it was her perhaps through DNA but again we don't know what happened. Just a reminder to not assume things will be fine but to be cognizant of what could happen.

Last edited:

Jessica Roggenkamp was 51 years old when her mother reported her missing in December 2016. Secret Witness of Shasta County is offering up to a $1,500 reward for information. According to Secret Witness, she was last known to be driving in the Igo area on December 10, 2016. She never arrived at her destination.

The next night, on December 11, 2016, investigators found her black Ford Mustang in Trinity County, south of Highway 36, with the keys still inside

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayzee
Back